Smart people who believe crazy things.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Smart people who believe crazy things.
In my previous occupation I worked for one of those three letter government agencies and we had a civilian who's job was to find all possible information on a target using nothing but publicly available options. He was extremely brilliant at his job, he could take literal scraps of information from hundred to thousands of sources and tape together a complex picture that no one realized was accidentally made available. He had an amazing grasp of history, I would have loved him to be a professor at my school, I'd have taken any class he taught.
He was however, a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and a life long bible thumping Christian. To be able to look at data critically, where accuracy of information is paramount, he could fall into the traps of well known logical problems. I need to get that book Why Smart People Believe Stupid Things. Just need to find the time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Smart people who believe crazy things.
Ahhhhhh so your belief systems are the correct ones are they???

A wise person considers ALL options Angel

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
KC is a perfect example. I'm shocked that he's a theist given his understanding of physics, biology, and astronomy.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Einstein said "god doesn't play dice". That was crazy. Einstein

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I think I saw similar post before, ye, smart people does not mean immunity towards hypnotism and brain washing.

My father is relatively smart, considering him a well-known scientist in the field of physio cancer treatment, but he believes his mother (aka, my grandmother) is an angel despite everyone know my grandmother an asshole whos just mooching him off now when hes successful.

and my mother, who out-smart my father in everything, such as learning ability, sports, cards, puzzles, manipulating friendships, reading capability, speaking other languages and people, taking advantages and divorce agreement, believes in creation because she had too many dumb christian friends, and most of them were Jehovah's Witness who wouldn't shut up.

I hope this post is constructive
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
(11-04-2012 06:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Einstein said "god doesn't play dice". That was crazy. Einstein
Not crazy at all if we analyze the context of that phrase...

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM
(11-04-2012 04:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  KC is a perfect example. I'm shocked that he's a theist given his understanding of physics, biology, and astronomy.
Hah, thanks... I think.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
(12-04-2012 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-04-2012 04:07 PM)germanyt Wrote:  KC is a perfect example. I'm shocked that he's a theist given his understanding of physics, biology, and astronomy.
Hah, thanks... I think.
Hey!, you'll take the compliments I give you and like it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
(12-04-2012 11:52 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hah, thanks... I think.
Hey!, you'll take the compliments I give you and like it.
Yes, ma'am.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
(12-04-2012 11:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 11:52 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Hey!, you'll take the compliments I give you and like it.
Yes, ma'am.
Now go wash up for dinner.

-Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How many people has the U.S. government singled out and murdered? TheArcticSage 45 2,025 09-06-2014 07:28 PM
Last Post: BnW
  All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire. kingschosen 270 4,845 01-05-2014 02:35 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian War Horse 36 732 21-04-2014 05:16 PM
Last Post: Lienda Bella
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 251 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  The weirdest crazy people you ever encounterd on the Internet. The Germans are coming 45 1,160 13-01-2014 01:48 PM
Last Post: morondog
  Why do people believe the fake science of microwaves being bad for you FaceOfBoe 27 947 25-11-2013 07:38 AM
Last Post: BnW
  Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,? Kymatica 45 1,221 04-11-2013 01:13 PM
Last Post: cjlr