Smile,Jesus loves you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: Smile,Jesus loves you.
A discussion of fictional characters frequently misses the entire point of reality. Shy

As well; I love.
Heart
Any reciprocation is unnecessary, unexpected, and accidental... deliciously so.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-06-2012, 03:58 PM
(05-06-2012 12:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  Well, just for the record, the gospel is told in fictional narrative style. I don't know why people consider it to be historical fact. The idea of the gospel is to impart spiritual truth, and fiction actually does that better than non-fiction. It's just the way our minds work.

Be that as it may, if you're going to say you believe in feeding the poor, if you're going to say you think God wants you to love your neighbor by doing unto him as you would do unto yourself, then there should be a Christian somewhere who will give that kid a sandwich. Personally, I don't give a shit. If that kid were to grow up and be strong and healthy, then he would use that strength to carry an AK-47 and maybe bayonett a few pregnant women, along the way.

What makes anyone think God wants peace on the earth? When has God ever presented Himself that way? When did Jesus ever present God that way? My whole idea of a violent God comes from what Jesus said about Him and from my observations of His creations, especially the process of evolution.

So when you say in a pansy-ass voice, "I'll never submit to a god like that!" All, I have to say is fine; enjoy your pancreatic cancer.

The proper response to God is fear. It always has been. From that fear will grow the psychological defense called identification (look it up). From that identification will grow committment and the delusion of love. And from that delusion of love will come the only love we are capable of--which is and always has been at its core, selfish.

Do you believe this?
No. I think you are very confused about the world, but please don't take offence at that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM

(05-06-2012 02:31 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The proper response to a god like that is Revoltion. Your concept of Godhas been revolting and rather unfounded to say the very least.

First off, my concept of God is that He is the fundamental monistic consciousness. Go unfind that.
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:The proper response to God is fear. It always has been. From that fear will grow the psychological defense called identification (look it up). From that identification will grow committment and the delusion of love. And from that delusion of love will come the only love we are capable of--which is and always has been at its core, selfish.

Do you believe this?

(05-06-2012 03:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  No. I think you are very confused about the world, but please don't take offence at that.

Yeah, you spout that pompous crap, but you can't make an argument against it. What I said is true, and there's no denying it. You may not want it to be true; you may derive solace at night thinking someone out there actually loves you for who you are and what you stand for; you may wish for a Christian ideal that Jesus Christ, himself, never proffered...Oh fuck it; believe what you want to believe.

[Image: sombodyloves.png]
07-06-2012, 04:15 AM
(05-06-2012 12:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But love as being selfish implies self-preservation and self-interest

Yeah! love is selfish… makes sense in my logical equations with cognitive dissonance : )

We love people we love because it makes us happy inside. Surely, it is easy to love people we love.

Does it need to be reciprocated?
If it needs to be reciprocated: then it is a need, an emotion. It needs to be filled up in return.

If it does not need to be reciprocated: then it is a deliberate act of the will. It is an “active” and not a “passive” word.

Love your Enemy
If love is a feeling, an emotion… then it is difficult to imagine possible.

If love is an action word, a deliberate act of the will…. then it is possible….it is more stable, steadfast… a long lasting love.

Love is an emotion…… precisely why a couple who are “crazy in love” or “fell deeply in love” …. will not be surprisingly files for a divorce later.

Similar with the Golden Rule:

There is world of difference between:

Do unto others as you would have them do to you => active
Do not do unto others what you don't want others do unto you => passive
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote: What I said is true, and there's no denying it.
Well, I'll deny it. The proper response to your conception of god is profound non-belief. The universe simply doesn't work in a way that supports your assertions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-06-2012, 11:05 AM

(07-06-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
Well, I'll deny it. The proper response to your conception of god is profound non-belief. The universe simply doesn't work in a way that supports your assertions.

Believe, don't belive, it doesn't matter. Your atheism doesn't matter. My theism doesn't matter. If God is the monistic fundamental consciousness, if life is about learning lessons with which to build a world on our lucid spiritual plane, if the result in failing to do so is reincarnation, then atheism and theism don't matter.

I say fear God, because even though at some point God is my higher self, my higher self is calling the shots, not me in my lower state, and the one thing I know about my higher self is that it will put me through all forms of misery in order to get me to learn what I need to learn. Thus: Fear God--identify with God--love God--obey God--become God.

Weird I admit, but then so is the world.
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
(07-06-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Not entirely. Egor's "fundamental unit of moniistic consciousness" a.k.a. "god" may be conceptually equivalent to "string theory" at the personal, non-mathematical level. He sees this in all things, I see tao in all things, you see all things, well, skeptically.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM
(07-06-2012 11:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, I'll deny it. The proper response to your conception of god is profound non-belief. The universe simply doesn't work in a way that supports your assertions.
Not entirely. Egor's "fundamental unit of moniistic consciousness" a.k.a. "god" may be conceptually equivalent to "string theory" at the personal, non-mathematical level. He sees this in all things, I see tao in all things, you see all things, well, skeptically.
My beliefs are mostly in accord with Tao. What I am (extremely) skeptical of is projecting consciousness or purpose on the fundamental fabric of the universe. For that, there is no evidence; just wishful thinking and delusion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]