Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute - fish website

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute - fish website
UPDATE:

I just received the preliminary draft from the senior author for a paper I am a junior author on. Very excited to finally be putting my name on my first scientific paper!

We’ve had many of our underwater images used before in scientific papers authored by others but in this case we (my wife and I) provided the spark and much of the data that this paper contains. Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
01-03-2016, 07:34 AM
(01-03-2016 07:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  UPDATE:

I just received the preliminary draft from the senior author for a paper I am a junior author on. Very excited to finally be putting my name on my first scientific paper!

We’ve had many of our underwater images used before in scientific papers authored by others but in this case we (my wife and I) provided the spark and much of the data that this paper contains. Cool

ClapClapClap

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Neat stuff! Well done.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
01-03-2016, 09:34 AM
(01-03-2016 07:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  UPDATE:

That's awesome

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
01-03-2016, 12:41 PM
(23-01-2015 07:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  As many of you know I spend a great deal of time underwater photographing fish. For more than a year now my wife and I have been providing images to Drs. Ross Roberson and James Van Tassell of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute for their research.

Up until now there was only an app but today the online version debuted! I am extremely proud to say that, other than the authors themselves, I provided the second most amount of images of any contributor and was even specially acknowledged by the authors! Smartass

We are very proud that our work has found a home that further advances science.

So if any of you want to learn about fish found in the Tropical Western Atlantic go to

http://biogeodb.stri.si.edu/caribbean/en/pages

Very cool! I saved this so I can explore it with my grandsons. We do a lot of science stuff when they visit. Thanks so much. Just at a cursory glance right now it looks awesome. Big Grin

I also shared it on my FB page with all my atheist sciency types. They will love it. Kudos for your fine work. Thumbsup

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
01-03-2016, 01:20 PM
WOW!! That's terrific and fascinating.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post