Smoldering baby Jesus - Phil Hendrie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2012, 05:06 AM
[Image: JesusFigure2-01_t160_160.jpg]

Phil Hendrie has already been introduced on the forum here.

Phil is a talk radio jock that "interviews" odd guests on his show. I've been hoping to hear this bit on his official podcast site but I haven't seen it listed yet.

This excerpt is from an older podcast site and is just a small snippet of Phil talking to fire and brimstone Pastor Rennick about his church's Christmas pageant in 2001. As an analogy to 9-11 and religion, the theme is how terrorists can try to blow up the baby manger but Jesus will survive. Pastor Rennick is on the radio to promote this play by telling us that one lucky audience member will win a special prize if they can catch the smoldering baby Jesus during the mock terrorist explosion at the end of the show! It will be rigged on a spring loaded crib with dry ice inside of it to appear to be smoldering as it flies through the air. Obviously the callers are in enraged and hash it out with the good Pastor Rennick.

[Image: pastorrennick.gif]

I remember listening to to whole thing live on the radio. It's a funny bit Big Grin
http://tunein.com/topic/?TopicId=41959790
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh my Fuck! I remember this one. Classic!
Nice pull, Gassy!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply