Smotherlove (17yr old drug addicted son)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2012, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 11:47 AM by kim.)
RE: Smotherlove (17yr old drug addicted son)
(06-07-2012 09:06 AM)beeluv Wrote:  In the states no care is free unless you are below the poverty line. If you are wealthy then you can afford lush treatment centers. We are in the struggling middle class. The treatment center my son went to is run by the state, but we still had to pay a large portion. Our insurance paid for one week at another rehab, but refused further services so we had to take him home.

Religous orders do not offer care here. I wouldn't want to send him nor would he go willingly anyway. We take him to NA and AA only because it is does not cast money and the diety-free groups are not as easy to find. For the most part, there is very little emphasis on religion.

Honestly, my natural reaction would be to always try to keep him within eyeball distance. I'd make sure he's distracted with family and school activities, make sure I know who he's hanging with and where he is. I'm afraid I could probably be a bit of a hard ass a lot of the time.

Frankly, I'm crazy enough that I'd probably get a second mortgage and personally take the little shit backpacking in Europe. I'd get him completely out of his element, and I'd make damn sure he runs into a few sweet little college-bound girls.

Under all his addictions, he's still the smart kid he left behind.... the one who still might be able to realize what he can't get with a drug filled life.

I'd make sure he sees the availability of options he would have if he stays straight. There are just many things that are unattainable when loaded. That's kind of bottom line, you know; being a junky is tough - it's shitty, hard work and you end up with nothing.

Keep lines of communication open with your boy... you want him to be honest with you... you have to be honest with him. If he's an adult, he should be able to handle your honesty, right? Let him know that you are actively and honestly addressing him as an adult.

Sorry... I think I'm just rambling now.... I'm done. Shy
I just want you to know I'm glad you're hanging in there Beeluv, and I sympathize with you as you continue to search for sanity in an insane situation.
Heart Stay strong.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: Smotherlove (17yr old drug addicted son)
Also, tell him that a lot of ex-users are telling him that being addicted is retarded. It is the worst thing you can do to your body, if you are not in control of your own body, you are nothing. If some stupid chemical is controlling you, you are weak, puny, you are nothing and people will treat you as nothing, as shit. Nobody wants that, do they?

Loss of friends and family, nobody to talk to, nothing to do, no one to trust, no money... No drugs can replace this. Recreation is one thing, but as shown, not everyone can go into drug world just for fun, you get fucked up without realizing, when you do realize, it is already too late for anything... He has already realized it, but it may not be too late, so he MUST use this knowledge NOW.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do I have a drug problem? Mobeus 13 755 10-04-2013 12:49 PM
Last Post: Filox