Snake De-Molted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2013, 06:28 AM
Snake De-Molted
Interesting tidbit I found online:

It's rather interesting that evolutionists believe that snakes once had legs and lost them. This sounds very much like the Genesis account of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Obviously, evolutionists don't accept the story of the first temptation. As far as they are concerned, the snake evolved from some reptile which originally had legs. But evolutionists have always tried to find some evolutionary advantage to losing legs and, thus, justify their theory. In 1973 an unpublished study suggested that garter snakes use 30 percent less energy for locomotion than they would if they had legs. That study was preliminary and never published. But that didn't stop evolutionists from saying that they had found the reason that snakes don't have legs.

Now, a much more exhaustive study done at the University of California at Irvine, has shown that this evolutionary explanation is false. Outfitting black racer snakes with oxygen masks and using modern precision equipment, including a snake-sized treadmill, researchers have shown that snakes use as much energy as a creature of the same weight to get around. The supposed evolutionary advantage to not having legs has disappeared under the bright light of scientific investigation.

And so yet another so-called scientific claim that the Bible has been proven wrong fails in the light of careful science.

Source: http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/tra...-evolution
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2013, 06:34 AM
RE: Snake De-Molted
(24-07-2013 06:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And so yet another so-called scientific claim that the Bible has been proven wrong fails in the light of careful science.

This only disproved the energy consumption of snakes vs. legged reptiles. None of this proves the Genesis story is factual.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
24-07-2013, 06:47 AM
The Genesis story says that the snake TALKED. Walking was incident to the story (part of the curse only). Can you show anyone who believes that snakes (or donkeys) used to talk and somehow lost the ability to engage in discussion? Good grief! Ancient mythology is not equal to evolutionary theory.
[+] 3 users Like jaihare's post
24-07-2013, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 07:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-07-2013 06:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Interesting tidbit I found online:

It's rather interesting that evolutionists believe that snakes once had legs and lost them. This sounds very much like the Genesis account of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Obviously, evolutionists don't accept the story of the first temptation. As far as they are concerned, the snake evolved from some reptile which originally had legs. But evolutionists have always tried to find some evolutionary advantage to losing legs and, thus, justify their theory. In 1973 an unpublished study suggested that garter snakes use 30 percent less energy for locomotion than they would if they had legs. That study was preliminary and never published. But that didn't stop evolutionists from saying that they had found the reason that snakes don't have legs.

Now, a much more exhaustive study done at the University of California at Irvine, has shown that this evolutionary explanation is false. Outfitting black racer snakes with oxygen masks and using modern precision equipment, including a snake-sized treadmill, researchers have shown that snakes use as much energy as a creature of the same weight to get around. The supposed evolutionary advantage to not having legs has disappeared under the bright light of scientific investigation.

And so yet another so-called scientific claim that the Bible has been proven wrong fails in the light of careful science.

Just when I thought you had reached the ultimate in stupidity, you outdo yourself again. Congratulations. I see there are yet lower levels of ignorance for you to plumb.
Weeping
It also sounds very much like the last two books of the Harry Potter series. So it also proves them to be true. Oh thank Jebus, I knew they were true.
BTW, idioto, tell whatever website you pasted that piece of crap from, that "moulting" in snakes, is the loss of skin, not legs. But thanks for showing us where you get your bullshit from.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Excellent you have pointed out that an unpublished study was wrong. Bravo!

I applaud you actually linking to your source this time around (I am sure that the creationmoments website is an excellent source of scientific knowledge).

BTW, just a small nitpick. Snakes never had legs, an ancestor did.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
24-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Science will change a conclusion, and publicly announce it, when new evidence is found. It's the opposite of religion where the conclusion must be preserved at all costs, regardless of the evidence. Creationmoments.com? Have some standards.

If science can also demonstrate that snakes (and donkeys, for that matter) once had highly evolved brains that made them capable of speech, that a man can live inside a fish for days, and that throwing someone on a pile of bones will bring them back to life, I just might have to start going to church again. Weeping

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
24-07-2013, 08:05 AM
(24-07-2013 06:47 AM)jaihare Wrote:  The Genesis story says that the snake TALKED. Walking was incident to the story (part of the curse only). Can you show anyone who believes that snakes (or donkeys) used to talk and somehow lost the ability to engage in discussion? Good grief! Ancient mythology is not equal to evolutionary theory.

PJ is currently filling the position of TTA twit, just to warn you (not that we haven't had many contenders for the position). Any sort of discussion with him is almost guaranteed to end in facepalming of the most brutal and unforgiving kind.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-07-2013, 08:45 AM
De-molted? That's not even a word. What, the snake put its skin back on?

You are an ignoramus.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
24-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Let's see if I've got this straight:

Snakes (or their ancestors, more accurately) used to have legs. Today they do not. Why not?

Answer: God punished ALL snakes for the actions of one snake that was possessed by Satan at the time of his infraction.

That makes PERFECT sense! Much better than my "I don't know, I suppose I'll have to research the evolution of snakes to maybe learn something new today."

No, the "God punished all snakes because one got possessed" makes MUCH more sense. I'll go with that one.
[+] 5 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
24-07-2013, 09:12 AM
No the talking snake just put it's jacket back on.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-rRYjXne5KGUUkRqWyws...DDKBP7nUPw]

Pleasy is our new Fundie Fashion Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post