Snake De-Molted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Snake De-Molted
Speaking of Nicolas Cage, is anyone else shocked as nuts that he's going to do the new version of Left Behind??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Glass snake.

/end thread

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM
(24-07-2013 06:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Interesting tidbit I found online:

It's rather interesting that evolutionists believe that snakes once had legs and lost them. This sounds very much like the Genesis account of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Obviously, evolutionists don't accept the story of the first temptation. As far as they are concerned, the snake evolved from some reptile which originally had legs. But evolutionists have always tried to find some evolutionary advantage to losing legs and, thus, justify their theory. In 1973 an unpublished study suggested that garter snakes use 30 percent less energy for locomotion than they would if they had legs. That study was preliminary and never published. But that didn't stop evolutionists from saying that they had found the reason that snakes don't have legs.

Now, a much more exhaustive study done at the University of California at Irvine, has shown that this evolutionary explanation is false. Outfitting black racer snakes with oxygen masks and using modern precision equipment, including a snake-sized treadmill, researchers have shown that snakes use as much energy as a creature of the same weight to get around. The supposed evolutionary advantage to not having legs has disappeared under the bright light of scientific investigation.

And so yet another so-called scientific claim that the Bible has been proven wrong fails in the light of careful science.

Source: http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/tra...-evolution

Do you ever read any actual scientific articles? I think not.

Snake evolution

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2013, 09:42 AM
An unpublished musing from forty years ago is wrong?

Checkmate, atheists!

... this is my signature!
24-07-2013, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 10:09 AM by ghostexorcist.)
I tend not to trust random creation websites with no sources. Both the linked article and the sound file do not mention the name of the paper that this new research appeared in. I did some digging and found what they were referring to. This paper was published in...wait for it...1990! I'm sure science has made advances in the last 23 years.

http://compphys.bio.uci.edu/bennett/pubs/97.pdf
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
24-07-2013, 10:06 AM
(24-07-2013 09:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Glass snake.

/end thread

Yeah, you're right, KC... good call.

The glass snake completely destroys PJ's premise; thus rendering anything else irrelevant.

Wow! Thanks, KC. You're so awesome.

Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-07-2013, 10:09 AM
(24-07-2013 10:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 09:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Glass snake.

/end thread

Yeah, you're right, KC... good call.

The glass snake completely destroys PJ's premise; thus rendering anything else irrelevant.

Wow! Thanks, KC. You're so awesome.

Weeping

Fact.
End of discussion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2013, 10:24 AM
The idea that every feature an animal has is because that feature helped it survive or provided some advantage over others is just wrong.
Some features do aide in survival, but mostly genes get passed down because the animal survived long enough to reproduce.

That's it.

Some insects live less than a week. That is a horrible genetic trait, but it's long enough for them to reproduce.
A genetic trait that causes some humans to develop cancer 10 times more frequently than others gets passed down from generation to generation. This isn't a positive trait for survival, but it doesn't come into play until later in life, in most cases.
Plenty of time for a human to reproduce.

Let's say we have a species of lizard and part of the population goes east when it encounters a mountain range and the other half goes west. As time goes on, these two populations change. One develops tougher claws and the other population encountered a disease that caused their claws to become softer and not as useful.

As time goes on, the softer claw population encounter another mountain range and the population divides again.
Those going north adapted to a colder climate and those lizards with the softer claws who could also burrow well with their nose instead of their claws survived. The harder nosed lizards (in this case) had an advantage over the others within their own population.
The soft clawed lizards who went south encountered a warmer desert environment and used their claws less and less, finding that moving their torsos along the sand was all they needed to do to get food. Over time, the useless limbs faded.

So now from one species population with "normal claws & legs" we have 3 new species that have one common ancestor who are all quite different in appearance but yet nearly identical in genome with only a few small differences.

I hope this helps

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-07-2013, 10:31 AM
(24-07-2013 10:24 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  The idea that every feature an animal has is because that feature helped it survive or provided some advantage over others is just wrong.
Some features do aide in survival, but mostly genes get passed down because the animal survived long enough to reproduce.

That's it.

Some insects live less than a week. That is a horrible genetic trait, but it's long enough for them to reproduce.
A genetic trait that causes some humans to develop cancer 10 times more frequently than others gets passed down from generation to generation. This isn't a positive trait for survival, but it doesn't come into play until later in life, in most cases.
Plenty of time for a human to reproduce.

Let's say we have a species of lizard and part of the population goes east when it encounters a mountain range and the other half goes west. As time goes on, these two populations change. One develops tougher claws and the other population encountered a disease that caused their claws to become softer and not as useful.

As time goes on, the softer claw population encounter another mountain range and the population divides again.
Those going north adapted to a colder climate and those lizards with the softer claws who could also burrow well with their nose instead of their claws survived. The harder nosed lizards (in this case) had an advantage over the others within their own population.
The soft clawed lizards who went south encountered a warmer desert environment and used their claws less and less, finding that moving their torsos along the sand was all they needed to do to get food. Over time, the useless limbs faded.

So now from one species population with "normal claws & legs" we have 3 new species that have one common ancestor who are all quite different in appearance but yet nearly identical in genome with only a few small differences.

I hope this helps

/sigh

You just described the GLASS SNAKE.

24-07-2013, 10:34 AM
So if snakes use the same energy to get around as a creature of the same weight, where's the issue?
If a snake can get around perfectly fine, up trees, in water, on the ground etc.. without sticky out things that can get snagged or break off somehow, then why wouldn't it?
It seems to me, from what I know about snakes, that evolutionary speaking they seem like very capable creatures.

So if this is some sort of attempt to disprove evolution because it appears snakes have somehow.. downgraded, then I am afraid you are mistaken.

I mean look at snakes. Side winders in the fucking deserts, sea snakes in the sea to massive constrictors like the anaconda.
Snakes are doing pretty well for themselves without those legs if you want my opinion.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]