Snake-Handling: Don't try this at home, kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Snake-Handling: Don't try this at home, kids
I'll have what he's having.

http://www.enlightenedredneck.com/2012/0...e-handler/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
And I thought the Catholics had some nutty beliefs.

About the time someone said I had to pick up a poisonous snake it would be exit stage left for me.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
03-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Another shallow-end-of-the-gene-pool candidate for the next Darwin Awards.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
04-06-2012, 12:20 AM
[Image: th_Maninsidesnake.jpg]

muffled***Try what at home.....??***

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
(04-06-2012 12:20 AM)aurora Wrote:  [Image: th_Maninsidesnake.jpg]

This is why I'm glad I don't live in Australia. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
(04-06-2012 10:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 12:20 AM)aurora Wrote:  [Image: th_Maninsidesnake.jpg]

This is why I'm glad I don't live in Australia. Confused
Really, that's what puts you off? It wasn't the way they say Six, or Fish n' Chips or how the entire population consists of dumb surfers?
Or even the fact that their flag has one too many stars (and in the wrong color) or how they claim all our success as their own. Phar Lap anyone!! Or PAVLOVA! that shits our bitches!
Or that stupid game Aussie Rules. It's like, is it basketball or is it league MAKE UP YOUR MIND AUSTRALIA! Not to mention all Australians walk around in disgusting short short shorts.

Angel

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-06-2012, 10:52 AM
(04-06-2012 10:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 10:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is why I'm glad I don't live in Australia. Confused
Really, that's what puts you off? It wasn't the way they say Six, or Fish n' Chips or how the entire population consists of dumb surfers?
Or even the fact that their flag has one too many stars (and in the wrong color) or how they claim all our success as their own. Phar Lap anyone!! Or PAVLOVA! that shits our bitches!
Or that stupid game Aussie Rules. It's like, is it basketball or is it league MAKE UP YOUR MIND AUSTRALIA! Not to mention all Australians walk around in disgusting short short shorts.

Angel
As I've stated before, it's the land of Mad Max, so it can't all be bad.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 07:12 PM by aurora.)
(04-06-2012 10:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 10:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is why I'm glad I don't live in Australia. Confused

Angel
I'm glad I'm not really patriotic (even though most peeps think I am lol) as it could've been offensive to me but as I'm not I don't care! Smile (I don't really see a good use for patriotism)
And I totally agree with you on Aussie Rules though, what a joke!!! Thumbsup

So whatever...

EDIT: You forgot the mention that we have some of the highest taxes in the world. Oh, and not to forget some of the highest housing prices. Get fucking real, Australia!!! Grrrrrr

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
14-06-2012, 01:43 PM
This story comes from NPR's Soundportraits.org about Appalachian snake handlers.

http://soundportraits.org/on-air/they_sh.../audio.php

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
14-06-2012, 02:29 PM
How did I miss this thread? This is my favorite obscure Theist crazy crap. I am completely fascinated by this snake handling. Shy Thanks for this Erxy - I love this shit.

Another thing about it that really speaks to me is that it's all centered around that one line: They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

That is so completely unexceptional in the contextual story line and yet people choose to give it such power.
Think about that.

"Nothing" will take whatever power one is willing to give it. Yes Contrary to the general consensus, belief is a two way street.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein