Snake Oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 02:43 PM by Full Circle.)
Snake Oil
Went to get my hair cut today and the woman who cuts my hair, a lovely person, suggests that since I'm out in the sun a lot I should add some UV water to my drinks to repel the sun's rays.

"What?" I said.

She shows me a bottle that she swears by; Harmonized Water - ingredients: "distilled water with multiple vibrational frequency blending"

Facepalm and we think we can talk sense into theists when people are gullible enough to buy this shit.

There is no hope but at least the ride is entertaining.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
23-09-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Snake Oil
I don't even know what to say to that...... Sadcryface

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-09-2014, 10:23 PM
WTF is multivibrational blending? Are they referring to the kinetic energy of the water molecules? Shaking the bottle? Stirring it with multi setting vibrators?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
23-09-2014, 10:39 PM
I don't like the bendy vibrators...

Oh wait...

Nevermind

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 11 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-09-2014, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 05:10 AM by Chas.)
(23-09-2014 10:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Went to get my hair cut today and the woman who cuts my hair, a lovely person, suggests that since I'm out in the sun a lot I should add some UV water to my drinks to repel the sun's days.

"What?" I said.

She shows me a bottle that she swears by; Harmonized Water - ingredients: "distilled water with multiple vibrational frequency blending"

Facepalm and we think we can talk sense into theists when people are gullible enough to buy this shit.

There is no hope but at least the ride is entertaining.

Hmmmm, I see a business opportunity. Consider

Hey 'Muffs, check this out.

"Harmonized Water" They are lying assholes, fake Einstein quote and all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2014, 08:03 AM
(23-09-2014 10:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't like the bendy vibrators...

Oh wait...

Nevermind

Moms you bring up a good point, if that was the description on an adult toy instead of a bottle of water...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-09-2014, 08:10 AM
(23-09-2014 10:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  WTF is multivibrational blending? Are they referring to the kinetic energy of the water molecules? Shaking the bottle? Stirring it with multi setting vibrators?

Who knows, I think that ambiguity is key.

The fact that a rational person (or so I thought) would buy into this mumbo jumbo is dis-heartening. Supposedly this product replaces using sun screen by giving you UV blocking from the INSIDE! Melatonin if you will.

I applaud the asshole who came up with this scheme.

24-09-2014, 08:14 AM
New-age Woo at it's finest...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
24-09-2014, 12:09 PM
You men have no idea what is bought by millions of women to make themselves look younger or their hair look softer or fuller, their legs look silky smooth. It's a gazillion dollar a year industry and I'm the first to admit that I've bought a few products that are supposed to turn back the clock . What's more I'll bet most women on this forum, if they're really honest, have also bought at least one product that promised some sort of transformation.

As for drinking sunscreen. Um, no. You put it ON your skin so you don't get sunburned not in your stomach. That's just dumb.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-09-2014, 12:39 PM
(23-09-2014 10:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't like the bendy vibrators...

Oh wait...

Nevermind

Blink

Shocking

Blush

Drooling

Bowing

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)