Snake Oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2014, 02:46 PM
RE: Snake Oil
(24-09-2014 12:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You men have no idea what is bought by millions of women to make themselves look younger or their hair look softer or fuller, their legs look silky smooth. It's a gazillion dollar a year industry and I'm the first to admit that I've bought a few products that are supposed to turn back the clock . What's more I'll bet most women on this forum, if they're really honest, have also bought at least one product that promised some sort of transformation.

As for drinking sunscreen. Um, no. You put it ON your skin so you don't get sunburned not in your stomach. That's just dumb.

Yup, had that discussion with my wife after this episode but who am I to tell her that the $24/oz bottle of whatever doesn't make her more beautiful? I know my place.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2014, 03:27 PM
(24-09-2014 02:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 12:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You men have no idea what is bought by millions of women to make themselves look younger or their hair look softer or fuller, their legs look silky smooth. It's a gazillion dollar a year industry and I'm the first to admit that I've bought a few products that are supposed to turn back the clock . What's more I'll bet most women on this forum, if they're really honest, have also bought at least one product that promised some sort of transformation.

As for drinking sunscreen. Um, no. You put it ON your skin so you don't get sunburned not in your stomach. That's just dumb.

Yup, had that discussion with my wife after this episode but who am I to tell her that the $24/oz bottle of whatever doesn't make her more beautiful? I know my place.

You're a smart husband.

Tell her there are only two things that have been scientifically proven to diminish ageing of the skin. Retin-A and sunscreen. It's not very glamorous, doesn't come in a pretty container but it works.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-10-2014, 02:39 AM
Could make a killing off marketing fruit punch kool-aid as "Jesus Juice" to those faithful servants of Mr. Christ.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
10-10-2014, 12:45 PM
(23-09-2014 10:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  WTF is multivibrational blending? Are they referring to the kinetic energy of the water molecules? Shaking the bottle? Stirring it with multi setting vibrators?

That is kinda what I am thinking.

I swear, I gotta get some water and put it into a bottle and label it as Invertro moleculic water. I swear by inverting parts of molocules of the water and adding more electrons to it, We have created a water that will not only slow the aging process by at least 10 years, but it will over time, make your youthful energy last into your older years.

I gotta label that and start selling it. I bet I can make a fortune off of that shit~!

...oh wait...My Little Pony did an episode about that....hmm....Flim Flam Brothers did the same thing.

Just gotta make sure my very own AppleJack doesn't wander in and see what I am doing.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-10-2014, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 04:53 PM by Full Circle.)
(10-10-2014 12:45 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 10:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  WTF is multivibrational blending? Are they referring to the kinetic energy of the water molecules? Shaking the bottle? Stirring it with multi setting vibrators?

That is kinda what I am thinking.

I swear, I gotta get some water and put it into a bottle and label it as Invertro moleculic water. I swear by inverting parts of molocules of the water and adding more electrons to it, We have created a water that will not only slow the aging process by at least 10 years, but it will over time, make your youthful energy last into your older years.

I gotta label that and start selling it. I bet I can make a fortune off of that shit~!

...oh wait...My Little Pony did an episode about that....hmm....Flim Flam Brothers did the same thing.

Just gotta make sure my very own AppleJack doesn't wander in and see what I am doing.

You could always bottle some Dihydrogen monoxide and sell it to the masses, just check with the CDC first Cool

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

H20 = water thought I'd better add this Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Look up ASEA. All the ads contain pages and pages of incomprehensible sciency-sounding drivel, but it's two ingredients, water and sodium chloride, are what you would find in "a sea".
11-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Some guy in Britain managed to sell 'low calorie water' for a few weeks in the supermarkets a couple of years ago. I assume that he got shut down by trading standards, but I'm not sure; could still be hanging around somewhere.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
(11-10-2014 03:01 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Some guy in Britain managed to sell 'low calorie water' for a few weeks in the supermarkets a couple of years ago. I assume that he got shut down by trading standards, but I'm not sure; could still be hanging around somewhere.

And probably sold out Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post