Snow Machines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Snow Machines
We finally got enough snow - and I'd finished up fixing my Arctic Cat .... It's a 2001 Z440 es... It's a fan-cooled with an electric start... Single carb... It's sort of a halfway between old school and new school.. It's got decent suspension - which the old machines lacked. It's got enough power that it'll go sideways under heavy acceleration -- even in deep snow....

I just bought the thing for packing trails if I need to -- for doing maple syrup - when it starts warming up.... (I already got a few gallons syrup -- sap ran last week)..

Anyone else play with these goofy machines???

They're noisy - get horrible fuel mileage, they're expensive to maintain and take up a large slot in the garage....What every red-blooded American boy wants.. [/sarcasm]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Snow Machines
Don't go on weak ice.

A few dozen Darwin Award winners manage to do it like clockwork every year around here.

... this is my signature!
11-02-2016, 03:48 PM
(11-02-2016 03:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Don't go on weak ice.

A few dozen Darwin Award winners manage to do it like clockwork every year around here.

The only ice I play with is a frozen mud puddle, or the cubes in my drink....

I've no desire to go swimming this time of year.....

And, having had to pull a lady who went through the ice as duty swimmer, many years ago when I was in the USCG -- I've seen the results close up and personal.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2016, 09:51 PM
My family has several snowmobiles--lots of fun! Definitely something I miss living in California. I would just tell your SO to be careful sitting on the back if you go on wooded trails--ugh I got scratched by a few branches slapping in my face as a passenger. I prefer to drive my own anyway.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-02-2016, 05:44 AM
(11-02-2016 09:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My family has several snowmobiles--lots of fun! Definitely something I miss living in California. I would just tell your SO to be careful sitting on the back if you go on wooded trails--ugh I got scratched by a few branches slapping in my face as a passenger. I prefer to drive my own anyway.

She hasn't been on it yet. Maybe this weekend.

I asked her, and she refuses to even try driving it....

12-02-2016, 08:15 AM
I love them. I remember my grandparents had this old Scorpion when I was a kid. The thing would tip over if you didn't lean properly and you felt every bump. Now, we use 500cc Ski-doos. Those things rock, especially when some genius thought of putting a thumb warmer in addition to the hand warmer.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac