Snowball in Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 08:43 AM
RE: Snowball in Hell
(15-03-2015 08:04 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  When a snowball is in hell it melts. A horrible fate if you're a snowball.
Do Satan reform the snowball and melt it again. Over and over and over...for eternity?

There's a water shortage in hell, maybe he's just doing his civic duty and recycling the water. Over and over and over again.

Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Not the electorate we need, but the electorate we deserve.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-03-2015, 10:50 AM
All,

Then refute the Bible - I know what the "little ice age" is but I also know there have always been seasons in the world since the modern advent of man. Can someone demonstrate where there were no seasons or say, an ice age, SINCE the Bible was published?

The snowball may have been a bad choice, but the Bible is not a bad choice.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
16-03-2015, 10:58 AM
(16-03-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Then refute the Bible -

That's not how it works. The Bible is the claim - you need to support it.

It has already been shown to contain factual error and contradictions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-03-2015, 12:04 PM
(16-03-2015 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 10:50 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Then refute the Bible -

That's not how it works. The Bible is the claim - you need to support it.

Ah, but I'm sure you know the Bible claimed the seasons will continue unabated since the Bible was written--and they have. My point exactly.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
17-03-2015, 12:09 PM
(17-03-2015 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  That's not how it works. The Bible is the claim - you need to support it.

Ah, but I'm sure you know the Bible claimed the seasons will continue unabated since the Bible was written--and they have. My point exactly.

That it contains obvious truths is neither surprising nor interesting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-03-2015, 05:04 PM
(17-03-2015 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 10:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  That's not how it works. The Bible is the claim - you need to support it.

Good job, the writers of your preferred myth-book were able to to notice patterns and state the obvious extrapolation.

Now perhaps you would like to stake some extra claim on the bibal's veracity on the basis that hares chew their cud?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-03-2015, 10:20 AM
(17-03-2015 05:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 12:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ah, but I'm sure you know the Bible claimed the seasons will continue unabated since the Bible was written--and they have. My point exactly.

Good job, the writers of your preferred myth-book were able to to notice patterns and state the obvious extrapolation.

Now perhaps you would like to stake some extra claim on the bibal's veracity on the basis that hares chew their cud?

And they "noticed patterns" like numberless stars and a spherical Earth circa 1000 BCE, too, right? Or the expanding universe across one dozen Bible verses?

The Hebrew phrase for ‘chew the cud’ simply means ‘raising up what has been swallowed’. Coneys and rabbits go through such similar motions to ruminants that Linnaeus, the father of modern classification (and a creationist), at first classified them as ruminants.

Also, rabbits and hares practice refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed ‘raise up what has been swallowed’. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

Source: http://creation.com/do-rabbits-chew-their-cud

18-03-2015, 10:46 AM
(18-03-2015 10:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 05:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Good job, the writers of your preferred myth-book were able to to notice patterns and state the obvious extrapolation.

And they "noticed patterns" like numberless stars and a spherical Earth circa 1000 BCE, too, right? Or the expanding universe across one dozen Bible verses?

The Hebrew phrase for ‘chew the cud’ simply means ‘raising up what has been swallowed’. Coneys and rabbits go through such similar motions to ruminants that Linnaeus, the father of modern classification (and a creationist), at first classified them as ruminants.

Also, rabbits and hares practice refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed ‘raise up what has been swallowed’. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

Linnaeus also said humans were several different species.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-03-2015, 10:52 AM
(18-03-2015 10:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Also, rabbits and hares practice refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed ‘raise up what has been swallowed’. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

Refection is not the same, Cud is specifically back into the mouth from inside the stomach, or regurgitated.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze