Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-07-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Snowden Situation
(29-07-2013 03:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 02:59 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Yes, I understand, but no one ever said we couldn't try to make it one. Big Grin

We could never try to make a perfect world, such a thing is impossible.

We can, however, strive to make an IDEAL world, such a thing is possible.

Yes I agree. Cool

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes elegant_atheist's post
29-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Well, I just want to say thank all of you for giving me your feedback, I really appreciate it more than you could ever know. This forum has been wonderful so far and I've learned numerous things about the law and our government system. Again, thanks for all your input, you guys are awesome. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes elegant_atheist's post
29-07-2013, 05:34 PM
If my email is not supposed to be private, why do I have a password to access my account and why is encryption used to protect it?

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
29-07-2013, 06:50 PM
(29-07-2013 05:34 PM)eksyte Wrote:  If my email is not supposed to be private, why do I have a password to access my account and why is encryption used to protect it?

So other users cannot send emails as you, register you for things you don't want, etc.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
01-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Ok so Snowden has been given one year asylum in Russia. What do you guys think of that?

01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
(01-08-2013 12:37 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Ok so Snowden has been given one year asylum in Russia. What do you guys think of that?

Russia is becoming a horrible theocracy and has made even being homosexual a major offense so if thats the company he wants to keep he is the ultimate hypocrite. Champion of free speech my ass.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2013, 01:09 PM
(01-08-2013 12:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 12:37 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Ok so Snowden has been given one year asylum in Russia. What do you guys think of that?

Russia is becoming a horrible theocracy and has made even being homosexual a major offense so if thats the company he wants to keep he is the ultimate hypocrite. Champion of free speech my ass.

That's the company he has to keep.

01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm a bit too tired to write it up so just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHwr0E6mgY

This is why the whole "public forum" basis for the Internet needs to be changed.

01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
(01-08-2013 01:17 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I'm a bit too tired to write it up so just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHwr0E6mgY

This is why the whole "public forum" basis for the Internet needs to be changed.

Except it won't be. Even that was just 3 people bitching about a legal system and complaining that a spy agency isn't transparent. Want to actually do something about this start a petition or contact your congressman but complaining on the internet that the internet is a public forum will accomplish nothing.

As to Snowden having to keep company with Russia, he made his bed now he gets to sleep in it but do not tell me he is a champion of free speech when that is where he ran to.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
(01-08-2013 01:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 01:17 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I'm a bit too tired to write it up so just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmHwr0E6mgY

Except it won't be. Even that was just 3 people bitching about a legal system and complaining that a spy agency isn't transparent. Want to actually do something about this start a petition or contact your congressman but complaining on the internet that the internet is a public forum will accomplish nothing.

As to Snowden having to keep company with Russia, he made his bed now he gets to sleep in it but do not tell me he is a champion of free speech when that is where he ran to.

Quote:Even that was just 3 people bitching about a legal system and complaining that a spy agency isn't transparent.

The fact that you aren't bitching about it makes me worried.