Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
01-08-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Snowden Situation
(01-08-2013 01:34 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 01:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Except it won't be. Even that was just 3 people bitching about a legal system and complaining that a spy agency isn't transparent. Want to actually do something about this start a petition or contact your congressman but complaining on the internet that the internet is a public forum will accomplish nothing.

As to Snowden having to keep company with Russia, he made his bed now he gets to sleep in it but do not tell me he is a champion of free speech when that is where he ran to.

Quote:Even that was just 3 people bitching about a legal system and complaining that a spy agency isn't transparent.

The fact that you aren't bitching about it makes me worried.

I tend to worry more about actual human rights violations than potential government over reaches. But then I'm not Edward Snowden.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-08-2013, 03:10 PM
(01-08-2013 02:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 01:34 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  The fact that you aren't bitching about it makes me worried.

I tend to worry more about actual human rights violations than potential government over reaches. But then I'm not Edward Snowden.

If you like to be spied on then that's your prerogative. If you don't care about when the government over reaches on your privacy then that's your loss. I just so happen to care about those things so I guess I am like Edward Snowden. And you know what? I'm proud of it.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
01-08-2013, 03:33 PM
(01-08-2013 03:10 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 02:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I tend to worry more about actual human rights violations than potential government over reaches. But then I'm not Edward Snowden.

If you like to be spied on then that's your prerogative. If you don't care about when the government over reaches on your privacy then that's your loss. I just so happen to care about those things so I guess I am like Edward Snowden. And you know what? I'm proud of it.

Well I'm sure he will enjoy Russia, home of actual government repression.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
(01-08-2013 03:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 03:10 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  If you like to be spied on then that's your prerogative. If you don't care about when the government over reaches on your privacy then that's your loss. I just so happen to care about those things so I guess I am like Edward Snowden. And you know what? I'm proud of it.

Well I'm sure he will enjoy Russia, home of actual government repression.

At least Russia is up front with their bullshit rather than trying to hide it. I happen to think Putin is a pretty cool guy.Tongue

01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
(01-08-2013 03:48 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 03:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well I'm sure he will enjoy Russia, home of actual government repression.

At least Russia is up front with their bullshit rather than trying to hide it. I happen to think Putin is a pretty cool guy.Tongue

Then you are an even bigger fool than you seem.

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
(01-08-2013 04:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 03:48 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  At least Russia is up front with their bullshit rather than trying to hide it. I happen to think Putin is a pretty cool guy.Tongue

Then you are an even bigger fool than you seem.

Whatever you say mister.Thumbsup

01-08-2013, 11:15 PM
the only people who should be worried about being spied on are the people with something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't worry about it.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
(01-08-2013 11:15 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  the only people who should be worried about being spied on are the people with something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't worry about it.

That's ridiculous.

[+] 1 user Likes elegant_atheist's post
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
(01-08-2013 11:15 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  the only people who should be worried about being spied on are the people with something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't worry about it.

Funny how historically those people with something to hide turn out to be simple political dissidents.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 11:42 PM
(01-08-2013 11:40 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  

Funny how historically those people with something to hide turn out to be simple political dissidents.

And those political dissidents are the ones keeping our freedom alive.