Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-08-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Snowden Situation
(02-08-2013 11:13 AM)sandman Wrote:  Well Elegant it looks like Chas is right and you're wasting your time here. It seems no-one will/can answer your arguments beyond calling you young and naive. Apparently we're so apathetic or intimidated by the terrorists we are willing to let our gov't do anything. So sad

Thats cute did you bother to read the 20 pages of us explaining why he is wrong? Probably not but please let us know if you need help down off your cross.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 11:15 AM
(02-08-2013 11:13 AM)sandman Wrote:  Well Elegant it looks like Chas is right and you're wasting your time here. It seems no-one will/can answer your arguments beyond calling you young and naive. Apparently we're so apathetic or intimidated by the terrorists we are willing to let our gov't do anything. So sad

Just say you don't care about the spying and backstabbing by the NSA and I'll stop. Oh, and try not to use the age card while you do it.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
02-08-2013, 11:16 AM

I think you are misunderstanding what I said.

Or are you intentionally mischaracterizing it? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
(02-08-2013 11:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Thats cute did you bother to read the 20 pages of us explaining why he is wrong? Probably not but please let us know if you need help down off your cross.

It's not a matter of legality, it's a matter of how wrong and insane it is. Just because it is legal doesn't mean it should be done.

02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I did and saw nothing convincing. Mainly nitpicking about what is "legal" rather than what is right. A lot of throwing up our hands at the futility of trying to change things. Pathetic
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
(02-08-2013 11:18 AM)sandman Wrote:  I did and saw nothing convincing. Mainly nitpicking about what is "legal" rather than what is right. A lot of throwing up our hands at the futility of trying to change things. Pathetic

I have asked on more than one occasion how he would keep the country safe while having his vastly over imagined freedom and the response has always been nothing which is not convincing. If he has any alternative then maybe we would be less pedantic about his misunderstanding if the word legal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
(02-08-2013 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I think you are misunderstanding what I said.

You guys are impossible. If you want to be apologetic toward this tyrannical, overstepping government that does things even when they know it is wrong and then keeps it secret, only to lie about it when it comes out from an innocent whistleblower, then there is no hope for you. I am done posting on here.

02-08-2013, 11:23 AM
(02-08-2013 11:21 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  I think you are misunderstanding what I said.

You guys are impossible. If you want to be apologetic toward this tyrannical, overstepping government that does things even when they know it is wrong and then keeps it secret, only to lie about it when it comes out from an innocent whistleblower, then there is no hope for you. I am done posting on here.

Once again, mischaracterization. Please quote where I was apologetic of this.

You can't. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Chas you're right again. No apologies just cowardly apathy. I guess Ben Franklin was right-we deserve neither liberty nor safety.
02-08-2013, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 03:51 PM by Chas.)
(02-08-2013 11:30 AM)sandman Wrote:  Chas you're right again. No apologies just cowardly apathy. I guess Ben Franklin was right-we deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Apathy? Fuck you.

Cowardly apathy? Fuck off and die.

Apology accepted. Thank you.