Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-08-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 11:54 PM by ridethespiral.)
RE: Snowden Situation
(02-08-2013 11:46 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  How does what you say about him in a thread on an online forum change the facts?

Did he release classified Info? Yes
Did he do it willfully? Yes
Could the information have been used by outside governments? Yes
Could the information put US Military Personnel at risk? Yes

The judge ruled that malice was not his intention so he didn't get treason, but he PLEAD guilty, he admitted it.

Could the information have been used by outside governments?
No it was video and documents documenting torture and warcrimes pulled out of an archive and not strategically pertinent in the slightest. He was acquitted of 'aiding the enemy' he was found not guilty of that count. You can argue against me if you wish to embrace futility but even the damned tribunal is on my side.

Could the information put US Military Personnel at risk?
No. See above.Yes. At risk of prosecution for numerous warcrimes.

I'm not gonna make any new points here because they are all neatly laid out in the Manning thread where stuff about Manning should probably go. I only brought it up because I was probing Atotheist.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 03:22 AM
(02-08-2013 10:59 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  So you are cool with Manning then?

Manning was no better. He did not accomplish anything. The media was focused on him, not the information he released. Both of them should have kept it completely anonymous.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 05:53 PM
(03-08-2013 03:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 10:59 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  So you are cool with Manning then?

Manning was no better. He did not accomplish anything. The media was focused on him, not the information he released. Both of them should have kept it completely anonymous.

Such broad and categorical statements! Yeah, these guys should have stayed anonymous, but to say they didn't accomplish anything is a bit of a fuckin' stretch.
03-08-2013, 07:14 PM
(03-08-2013 05:53 PM)Julius Wrote:  Such broad and categorical statements! Yeah, these guys should have stayed anonymous, but to say they didn't accomplish anything is a bit of a fuckin' stretch.

Show me what change they have made. What is congress currently doing? Oh, that's right, burying rehashed bills wanting to repeal the Patriot Act. Nothing has been accomplished.

03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
(03-08-2013 07:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 05:53 PM)Julius Wrote:  Such broad and categorical statements! Yeah, these guys should have stayed anonymous, but to say they didn't accomplish anything is a bit of a fuckin' stretch.

Show me what change they have made. What is congress currently doing? Oh, that's right, burying rehashed bills wanting to repeal the Patriot Act. Nothing has been accomplished.

Exactly, thats because of people like you, that either dont give a fuck or have another motive. Fucking idiots

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
(03-08-2013 08:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 07:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Show me what change they have made. What is congress currently doing? Oh, that's right, burying rehashed bills wanting to repeal the Patriot Act. Nothing has been accomplished.

Exactly, thats because of people like you, that either dont give a fuck or have another motive. Fucking idiots

No it's because we have a two party system that doesn't agree on a damn thing and can't fucking make decisions worth a damn.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
04-08-2013, 07:51 AM
No, I've already mentioned the problem, a couple pages back.

What is in question and should be concerning to most people, isn't of high value and importance to "the people". At least not to the point of causing a relevant reaction.

Like I said, the important concern has already been resolved. You have to take that concern to a tipping point to get another evaluation of it, and neither Manning nor Snowden had any thing to get us even close to that point.

Legislators just go through motions of getting elected and re-elected, which is the check and balance. They stick their fingers up their asses and hold to the wind.....nothing. We have a high threshold, but that just works in.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
04-08-2013, 08:22 AM
(03-08-2013 08:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Exactly, thats because of people like you, that either dont give a fuck or have another motive. Fucking idiots

Show me where I have said I don't care. Drinking Beverage

04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
(03-08-2013 08:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 07:14 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Show me what change they have made. What is congress currently doing? Oh, that's right, burying rehashed bills wanting to repeal the Patriot Act. Nothing has been accomplished.

Just because I don't give a fuck about the US and it's constant failings and Cold War-retained obsession with spying on 'potential' threats, don't mean I'm an idiot. It just means I am apathetic.

In fact; were I in the position of executive power, I can see myself doing similar things.
Hell, I would try to infect the ranks of my enemies and my allies governments, military or civilian with as many moles as I can, along with hunting and following significant suspected threats to see if they are indeed so.
It is better to have advanced warning of internal or external threats to the public and nation than to be blind.

... then again, the NSA is so overtaxed with all the information they get that they can't read it all and may as well be blind aside from a few choice individuals.

On a side note; I would like to thank Bob, the NSA employee reading this thread for his time. Good on ya, Bob.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
(04-08-2013 08:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 08:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Exactly, thats because of people like you, that either dont give a fuck or have another motive. Fucking idiots

Show me where I have said I don't care. Drinking Beverage

You think you are so fucking smug don't ya? If you cared you would be saying that they shouldn't be doing this but you keep on being an apologetic little prick for the government's bullshit.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]