Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
RE: Snowden Situation
(04-08-2013 02:13 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  You think you are so fucking smug don't ya? If you cared you would be saying that they shouldn't be doing this but you keep on being an apologetic little prick for the government's bullshit.

I did say I disagreed with the morality of their spying on their citizens. You seemed to have overlooked that fact. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
(04-08-2013 02:18 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 02:13 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  You think you are so fucking smug don't ya? If you cared you would be saying that they shouldn't be doing this but you keep on being an apologetic little prick for the government's bullshit.

I did say I disagreed with the morality of their spying on their citizens. You seemed to have overlooked that fact. Drinking Beverage

Well good for you, you also think that there is nothing that can be done to stop it though don't you?

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
(04-08-2013 02:21 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Well good for you, you also think that there is nothing that can be done to stop it though don't you?

Again, I have said everything to the contrary. I said that is why I vote for officials that I believe will remove the legislation.

04-08-2013, 04:10 PM
(04-08-2013 02:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 02:21 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Well good for you, you also think that there is nothing that can be done to stop it though don't you?

Again, I have said everything to the contrary. I said that is why I vote for officials that I believe will remove the legislation.

There is no hope for america with people as idiotic as you.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
(04-08-2013 04:10 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 02:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, I have said everything to the contrary. I said that is why I vote for officials that I believe will remove the legislation.

Better than your plan of bitching on the internet that immoral (as defined by you) is not the same as illegal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
(04-08-2013 04:10 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 02:24 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, I have said everything to the contrary. I said that is why I vote for officials that I believe will remove the legislation.

I see, you think working within the system is idiotic. What would you prefer, armed insurrection? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 02:29 AM
(04-08-2013 04:10 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  There is no hope for america with people as idiotic as you.

What, so enacting my right to vote for my own leaders is idiotic? What do you propose, shit-for-brains? An armed anarchist revolution? Drinking Beverage

05-08-2013, 04:15 AM
I know this joke is out-dated but:
Go Team Edward!
05-08-2013, 07:50 AM
(04-08-2013 04:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  I see, you think working within the system is idiotic. What would you prefer, armed insurrection? Consider
(05-08-2013 02:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What, so enacting my right to vote for my own leaders is idiotic? What do you propose, shit-for-brains? An armed anarchist revolution? Drinking Beverage

The "my right to vote"/"working within the system" bullshit, you know that is naive as fuck. I hope you know that is a naive view. It's wishful thinking.

You really wouldn't have any thing on a person with a strategy that involved bitching on a forum or having an "armed anarchist revolution". If your way is a better strategy, it isn't better by much. Unless you have more. Do you have more?

And these things (Angry) don't help.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
05-08-2013, 08:27 AM
(05-08-2013 07:50 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  
(04-08-2013 04:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  I see, you think working within the system is idiotic. What would you prefer, armed insurrection? Consider
(05-08-2013 02:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What, so enacting my right to vote for my own leaders is idiotic? What do you propose, shit-for-brains? An armed anarchist revolution? Drinking Beverage

The "my right to vote"/"working within the system" bullshit, you know that is naive as fuck. I hope you know that is a naive view. It's wishful thinking.

You really wouldn't have any thing on a person with a strategy that involved bitching on a forum or having an "armed anarchist revolution". If your way is a better strategy, it isn't better by much. Unless you have more. Do you have more?

And these things (Angry) don't help.

The briefest foray into non-official (IE not viewed from the executive) history shows that every change of any significance in this country was backed by fierce striking, protest and occasionally violence. Civil rights, the 5 day work week, the 8 hour day, safe working conditions, women's suffrage, the end of Vietnam, The New Deal...

I'm not saying we should simply abandon democratic process or advocating an insurrection but I am saying that without major disturbances of the status quo nothing happens at the state level.