Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
09-08-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: Snowden Situation
Alright, I know I am the last person that needs to say it, but this shit needs to stop.

We have argued, and argued, and all it has devolved into is a fuck you- fest.

E_a, if you really care about this shit, good for you, but don't characterize the forum based on one fucking issue.

Logica and Rev, I can't really oppose what you guys are doing, actually. Laughat

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
09-08-2013, 02:15 AM
(09-08-2013 02:12 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Logica and Rev, I can't really oppose what you guys are doing, actually. Laughat

Well, making fun of the ignorant and stupid is what we do best. It just so happens that EA has been happily putting it all out in the open for us to laugh at.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-08-2013, 02:40 AM
(09-08-2013 02:12 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Alright, I know I am the last person that needs to say it, but this shit needs to stop.

We have argued, and argued, and all it has devolved into is a fuck you- fest.

E_a, if you really care about this shit, good for you, but don't characterize the forum based on one fucking issue.

Logica and Rev, I can't really oppose what you guys are doing, actually. Laughat

Da fuck you doing up in the middle of the night? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 02:40 AM
(09-08-2013 02:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Da fuck you doing up in the middle of the night? Consider

Da fuck you doing up in the middle of the night? Old people need their rest too. Wink

09-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Revenant77x Wrote:...
elegant_atheist Wrote:...

Guys? This shit? Not accomplishing anything.

Doesn't matter how old you really are when you're acting about 10.

... this is my signature!
09-08-2013, 07:58 AM
(09-08-2013 07:31 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Guys? This shit? Not accomplishing anything.

Doesn't matter how old you really are when you're acting about 10.

It's not done to accomplish anything other than flinging insults at one another. Ours, however, are accurate whereas EA's are malformed assumptions. Drinking Beverage

09-08-2013, 08:56 AM
(08-08-2013 12:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-08-2013 12:14 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  Conservative (n.) A statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

Problem is that our statesmen are liberals and conservatives, none of whom are responsible and/or intellectual, as they are supposed to be in principle.

Really? None of them? Not even a little?

(08-08-2013 12:14 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  We have an accepted system of tyranny that still manages to create an illusion of democracy; one in which a portion actively engages in an act of lending credibility and validation to tyranny, oppression and other immorality, as opposed to actively denouncing and dismantling it.

Right, except for the part where it's an illusion. Or tyranny. Or oppression.

Most people are lazy and conservative, but what, you think if they voted for change it somehow wouldn't happen?

(08-08-2013 12:14 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  At some point, someone might be compelled to ask if that is because the liberty in question is not what is desired? Or is it because the circumstances of the tyranny and oppression are too complex, dynamic and difficult to properly overcome?

Jesus, man, I thought I was cynical.

That was a generalization, but the system, as you were sort of implying, doesn't produce principled individuals. The propaganda machine would have their heads, almost immediately, if they were even able to acquire the money, support and resources, to become relevant.

Nothing in reality corresponds with the idea that any aspect of our society, in general, is democratic. And there are aspects corresponding with tyranny and oppression.

It would really take something extraordinarily substantial and revolutionary for people to pull the rug out from under their daily lives to seek change. Extremely complex and well coordinated effort, then that effort would obviously have to carry over into "the government" and "the economy".

"think if they voted for change it somehow wouldn't happen?"

If you are irrational enough to vote for change, you will likely be disappointed (see: Obama).

A lot of moving parts.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
09-08-2013, 08:57 AM
(08-08-2013 02:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The current homosexual movement is a prime example.

Of what? By doing what? etc. ...

Leaving your opinion open to interpretation is a good way to have someone misinterpret or incorrectly characterize it.

Quote:You blatantly said that I am being ignorant and naive, there is nothing to misunderstand about your attack on my position.

Sorry. I was getting that perception, but I didn't want to judge you and/or make you feel judged. My fault.

But, just as someone could have misinterpreted something you wrote as intending something that was not meant, you could have done the same to them.

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
09-08-2013, 09:04 AM
(09-08-2013 08:57 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Of what? By doing what? etc. ...

Populist movements were created to gain notoriety and attract the attention of the public so they could advance their issue. Electing state legislators who support homosexual rights. Precisely what I have stated previously.

(09-08-2013 08:57 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Leaving your opinion open to interpretation is a good way to have someone misinterpret or incorrectly characterize it.

There was nothing to misinterpret. I said I have the right vote for my representatives, you said I was immature and naive for "working the system".

(09-08-2013 08:57 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Sorry. I was getting that perception, but I didn't want to judge you and/or make you feel judged. My fault.

So what was your intention in flinging inaccurate insults at my convictions?

(09-08-2013 08:57 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  But, just as someone could have misinterpreted something you wrote as intending something that was not meant, you could have done the same to them.

I have in the past, but I have not done so here.

09-08-2013, 02:57 PM
(09-08-2013 09:04 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Populist movements were created to gain notoriety and attract the attention of the public so they could advance their issue. Electing state legislators who support homosexual rights. Precisely what I have stated previously.

On a side topic: How are you defining movements, with regard to gay rights, as populist?

That is more along the lines of begging the system not you use you, as opposed to working within the system to get something substantial done. Gays are being denied rights arguably unconstitutionally, used as a means to a political end (see/e.g. Bill Clinton), and have been for decades, with concern. They are asking people part of civil society to accept them as members, so they can get rights everyone else already has, not pushing a policy agenda in order to get something new, especially that is in opposition to the ruling class.

Explain where they are actually working within the system, or how you could apply their model, to control some meaningful aspect of more influential decision making, as I would imagine would have been your original end to your voting strategy. You have to explain the strategy, why it is a viable, applicable and realistic, and that you are actually, realistically, understanding how things operate. That would take you past wishful thinking and ignorance.

Quote:There was nothing to misinterpret. I said I have the right vote for my representatives, you said I was immature and naive for "working the system". So what was your intention in flinging inaccurate insults at my convictions? I have in the past, but I have not done so here.

I can't control what you think. All I can do is explain myself and say sorry, as I have done. I don't wear kid-gloves, so I guess I can say sorry for that as well.