Snowden Situation

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
27-07-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Snowden Situation
(27-07-2013 06:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  The power of the media never ceases to amaze me, and neither does the stupidity of the sheeple.

Case and point: the media has repeatedly implied and stated that what snowmen [sic] did was illegal, and the media have framed the debate as " what should be done with snowmen" " is he a traitor or not".

Yet not once has any media outlet stated what snowmen did that was against the law?

Since people are sheep and follow the lead of the media nobody has ever even heard of what it was that he supposedly did that was illegal, yet people are just accepting the idea that he did something illegal.

Can anyone here list one thing he did that was illegal?

I am predicting nobody can.

Are... are you serious?

It is illegal to share classified information.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
27-07-2013, 06:50 PM
(27-07-2013 06:32 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 06:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Something can go against the constitution and most certainly be legal. (Sometimes it just takes a very long time to be corrected)

And as for the "beloved" comment.....I make it a point to avoid idol worship.

Sorry for the assumption that someone would revere their constitution and its freedom in a high regard.

The point I'm trying to make is that if something goes against the constitution it is void even if it gets past by legislation. You can't override the constitution whenever you want and expect the people to follow it.

Oh I highly appreciate the constitution.

I just don't let patriotic blah blah nonsense blind me from educating myself and, you know, learning about what I'm talking about instead of ignorantly chanting somethings name over and over again in "blind worship"..... I'll leave that to the deists.
27-07-2013, 06:50 PM
(27-07-2013 06:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 06:24 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Nothing that contradicts the constitution can become law in the first place sooooooooo it isn't legal OR moral in any sense. I'm not going to be politically correct and wait my term until the congressman gets reelected like they do every year to take a stance on an illegal legislation issue. You can follow it all you like but I will not.

It is legal. It is not moral. You are wrong. Drinking Beverage

(27-07-2013 06:24 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Talking about the constitution like this, "your beloved constitution" makes me assume things about you that maybe you don't like, but I don't really care. Every US citizen should think of the constitution as the "beloved constitution" and you know why? That single document and its amendments protect our right to privacy, freedom, a trial, and most importantly right to reject unfair legislation.

Really? So how was DOMA and slavery legal? That beloved document must do a lot to defend your rights. Drinking Beverage

(27-07-2013 06:24 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  P.S.- The Patriot Act is not legal, therefore it is illegal. Big Grin

That's not the definition of legality. Again, I suggest that you research the functions of the three federal branches. Drinking Beverage

Just because they enacted it and do it now does not make it legal. Either way, since our definitions of legal differ, we both agree that it is not moral nor right nor correct, so why are we arguing? When the law is said to be unconstitutional by the courts and the ones responsible are punished we will both win.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
27-07-2013, 06:52 PM
But please, continue to regale us with your wisdom.

We are all in need of amusement, I mean your insight.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
27-07-2013, 06:53 PM
(27-07-2013 06:48 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 06:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  The power of the media never ceases to amaze me, and neither does the stupidity of the sheeple.

Case and point: the media has repeatedly implied and stated that what snowmen [sic] did was illegal, and the media have framed the debate as " what should be done with snowmen" " is he a traitor or not".

Yet not once has any media outlet stated what snowmen did that was against the law?

Since people are sheep and follow the lead of the media nobody has ever even heard of what it was that he supposedly did that was illegal, yet people are just accepting the idea that he did something illegal.

Are... are you serious?

You know what is more horrible than sharing illegal acts the government is doing? Spying on US citizens private information for no good reason and claiming its justified because they enacted a bullshit law to cover their ass.

27-07-2013, 06:54 PM
(27-07-2013 06:52 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  But please, continue to regale us with your wisdom.

We are all in need of amusement, I mean your insight.

Thank you! Tongue I will!

27-07-2013, 06:56 PM
All right, elegant_atheist.

The law is a human institution.

Legality is not something you make up based on your feels, it is something a governing body (regardless of its legitimacy) determines within its jurisdiction.

You seem to be arguing law as a proxy for morality - your morality. And most of us have no substantial disagreements with that morality! But it is not law...

27-07-2013, 06:57 PM
(27-07-2013 06:53 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  You know what is more horrible than sharing illegal acts the government is doing? Spying on US citizens private information for no good reason and claiming its justified because they enacted a bullshit law to cover their ass.

Is it wrong?

Is it legal?

Two different questions.

27-07-2013, 07:01 PM
(27-07-2013 06:50 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Just because they enacted it and do it now does not make it legal. Either way, since our definitions of legal differ, we both agree that it is not moral nor right nor correct, so why are we arguing? When the law is said to be unconstitutional by the courts and the ones responsible are punished we will both win.

The Patriot Act is currently legal. Drinking Beverage Again, research the three branches of government.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-07-2013, 07:03 PM
(27-07-2013 06:48 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Are... are you serious?

And he shared what classified information with whom?