Snowed indicted for espionage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Snowed indicted for espionage.
(24-06-2013 02:43 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  It's not about what is best for both economies as a whole, it's about what is best for the interests pulling the strings, Haliburton and others stood to make far more money by drawing out reconstruction.

Yes - in a short-sighted, small-minded way. I would argue that that's yet more evidence that the big picture was so not a concern.

(24-06-2013 02:43 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  You would have to prove that he was making back room deals(which nobody ever will), I'm not saying stupidity is a defense in court (ignorance of the law is not an excuse). I'm say the feigned stupidity is how he dodges the tough questions and keeps the public "steppin' and fetchin' Like their heads were on fire and their asses was catching." You can't have a 'smart' president fucking up so royally a war in which his VP and all his backers hold a financial interest without arising suspicion but with Bush you are not sure if he is malevolent or just plain stupid and the media was more than happy to run with the stupid angle.

Absolutely - I do give Bush credit there. He's damn good at playing the good ol' boy. And at this point, it wouldn't really matter what he said; there is no answer or explanation he could give that wouldn't have millions of people hating him for it. The man's barely been seen in public since January 2009, after all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 06:49 PM
If bush was jus mistaken and not lying then what evidence for WMD was he given? What was bush according to you seeing that according to you made him come to the conclusion that there were WMD.

If bush was seeing false evidence, what is this evidence, where can we read about it?

You claim that bush really believed that there were wmds, show us the evidence that he and his cabinet were supposedly seeing.

Back your claims up.
24-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Ruh Roh

Your boy bush was reciecing many notices that Iraq had no WMD, he chose to ignore them and tell the public something different.

http://www.salon.com/2007/09/06/bush_wmd/
This is called lying, and he knew he was lying, he knew he was ignoring the no WMD reports and he knew he was saying something different in the public.
25-06-2013, 03:35 AM
I&I, you are really good at derailing your own threads brotaco.

Back onto topic, Snowden leaked information that can be used by enemy sources....that, ladies and gentlemen, is espionage, and is considered treason. Firing squad or hanging, that should be the only choice we give him at this point.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
25-06-2013, 03:43 AM
(25-06-2013 03:35 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  I&I, you are really good at derailing your own threads brotaco.

Back onto topic, Snowden leaked information that can be used by enemy sources....that, ladies and gentlemen, is espionage, and is considered treason. Firing squad or hanging, that should be the only choice we give him at this point.

What information did he leak that can be used by "enemies"? Who is an enemy of the U.S. Are we at war with a nation right now?

Snowden revealed that Americans are spied on. If he told china that they were spied on, this news like what in 1949? 1950? What country doesn't know we spy on them?
25-06-2013, 09:05 AM
He revealed how they collect info, and what they look for in the info. The point of the collection wasn't to spy on Americans. They've ,more than likely, been doing that for years. But to catch criminals, terroists. What we have done is change the way terroist organizations operate. Smaller cells, less connected to the big boys. The internet and cell phones is vital for them to be relative and successful. Snowden , from the get go, wanted fame, or infamy, IMO. He was the first person I heard to suggest he was a hero, by saying " I don't consider myself a hero", then he says he is doing it for country and willing to accept the consequences. And since has done everything to avoid the consequence, while using countries that epitomizes the very things he condemns. Really? You can't live in a country that spies on it's people, so you're going to China, Russia ,And Cuba? He wants to sell a book deal and retire famous. Again, JMO.
25-06-2013, 09:15 AM
(24-06-2013 07:01 PM)I and I Wrote:  Ruh Roh

Your boy bush was reciecing many notices that Iraq had no WMD, he chose to ignore them and tell the public something different.

http://www.salon.com/2007/09/06/bush_wmd/
This is called lying, and he knew he was lying, he knew he was ignoring the no WMD reports and he knew he was saying something different in the public.

My boy bush, eh, I and I? Despite the fact that I'm not American, and I protested against the war at the time? Oh, you. Never change.

There is nothing in that linked article which contradicts anything you or I said. The intelligence mentioned in the link was so compartmentalized that it was not shared with most of the people involved. It turned out to be true, and from a reliable source; there were other intelligence sources providing contradictory information, later proven unreliable (and could well have been determined so at the time - but, again, institutional blindness and conformity). It wasn't ignored in favour of a fabrication, but of worse intelligence.

I provided a tentative explanation, acknowledged as such, which seems to me to be a better accounting of events in question, keeping in mind two maxims on human behaviour: simple is preferable to complex, and fallability is preferable to malice. I also never stated that this was anything other than an excuse (a bad one) and does not mitigate the crimes committed. This seems to escape you.

You - despite being equally bound by the uncertainty of knowledge you've elsewhere been so keen on; neither you nor I know exactly what was going through people's minds over a decade ago - have conviction as unassailable as Cheyenne mountain and adhered to with the force of a thousand suns. You further insist on being confrontational, immmature, and insulting in all your interaction. Good luck with that attitude.
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post