Snowing in MAY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Snowing in MAY
I live 35-40 miles east of KC, MO, and there was an ice storm last night that knocked the power out 5 times before I went to bed. I went outside to smoke before bed at about 1:30am, and for the whole time I was listening to tree limbs echoing their cracking under the weight of the ice, and ice clumps hitting the roof, & the ground. At one point it was so intense for about 30 seconds it was almost scary; sounded like Ice World was breaking apart. Couple of days before this, I had a conversation about Global Warming, and 1st thing today the asshole looks at me and says, "here's to your GLOBal WARMing, eheheh". I almost wish it'd get up to 100 degrees today just so I could say something as flippantly ignorant as him!! I've heard this argument on TV, too. By one of the assholes Bill Maher had on RealTime. It's like saying, "Seee, coelacanth was thought to be extinct for a million years, but he wasn't. Maybe Jesus DID walk with dinosaurs."......WHAT? You fuckin MOMO. Sorry, had to vent, but I'm sure everyone on this forum has "lost" a similar argument. I want to strap this guy down like Malcom Mcdowell from Clockwork Orange & make him watch nature show documentaries. As ignorance is simply the absence of knowledge, there's nothing wrong with it; it can be fixed by learning. But you just want to slap these idiots sometimes, FUCK. I need a drink.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Snowing in MAY
(03-05-2013 12:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I live 35-40 miles east of KC, MO, and there was an ice storm last night that knocked the power out 5 times before I went to bed. I went outside to smoke before bed at about 1:30am, and for the whole time I was listening to tree limbs echoing their cracking under the weight of the ice, and ice clumps hitting the roof, & the ground. At one point it was so intense for about 30 seconds it was almost scary; sounded like Ice World was breaking apart. Couple of days before this, I had a conversation about Global Warming, and 1st thing today the asshole looks at me and says, "here's to your GLOBal WARMing, eheheh". I almost wish it'd get up to 100 degrees today just so I could say something as flippantly ignorant as him!! I've heard this argument on TV, too. By one of the assholes Bill Maher had on RealTime. It's like saying, "Seee, coelacanth was thought to be extinct for a million years, but he wasn't. Maybe Jesus DID walk with dinosaurs."......WHAT? You fuckin MOMO. Sorry, had to vent, but I'm sure everyone on this forum has "lost" a similar argument. I want to strap this guy down like Malcom Mcdowell from Clockwork Orange & make him watch nature show documentaries. As ignorance is simply the absence of knowledge, there's nothing wrong with it; it can be fixed by learning. But you just want to slap these idiots sometimes, FUCK. I need a drink.

Having a drink. Big Grin

I'm not sitting too far from where you are my friend, Kansas is getting it's share of weird weather. I caught that episode of real time also. It's so frustrating to see a guy put out a stupid opinion like that, and not be corrected sufficiently. I sit in the middle of these conversations daily at work, I feel ya.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2013, 01:38 PM
YES! Me & Captain Morgan making up for a thankfully short, but massively frustrating day, back in KC, here in Odessa. That asshole from RealTime; "we had tornado's in New York when I was a kid". He said that before Sandy, ofcourse. So, "so the fuck what asshole?". I never had the pleasure of taking a course on Climatology, but it can't be as theoretical a science as quantum physics can it? Or is it? I don't know. But I'd like to see a course on how we're screwing the planet up, & ways to fix those problems a mandatory for middle school, and high school kids! Just to get fresh minds working on the problem now! I'd be willing to give up teaching evolution in school for stressing "fix this shit before I have to see coastal cities swallowed by the oceans before I die"--ology in schools!

03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Say hi to the captain for me. I'm shaking hands with Evan Williams in manhappiness. Speaking of the real time show, a couple weeks back he had a guest that spoke of hope, that we can reverse what we've done. And that we're working on it, perhaps it's not too late. I'd like to think so. I personally trust the matter is more political than scientifical. (I'm pretty sure that's a word)

Politics has always trumped empathy. Go figure.

Cheers!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-05-2013, 02:53 PM
(03-05-2013 12:54 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I live 35-40 miles east of KC, MO, and there was an ice storm last night that knocked the power out 5 times before I went to bed. I went outside to smoke before bed at about 1:30am, and for the whole time I was listening to tree limbs echoing their cracking under the weight of the ice, and ice clumps hitting the roof, & the ground. At one point it was so intense for about 30 seconds it was almost scary; sounded like Ice World was breaking apart. Couple of days before this, I had a conversation about Global Warming, and 1st thing today the asshole looks at me and says, "here's to your GLOBal WARMing, eheheh". I almost wish it'd get up to 100 degrees today just so I could say something as flippantly ignorant as him!! I've heard this argument on TV, too. By one of the assholes Bill Maher had on RealTime. It's like saying, "Seee, coelacanth was thought to be extinct for a million years, but he wasn't. Maybe Jesus DID walk with dinosaurs."......WHAT? You fuckin MOMO. Sorry, had to vent, but I'm sure everyone on this forum has "lost" a similar argument. I want to strap this guy down like Malcom Mcdowell from Clockwork Orange & make him watch nature show documentaries. As ignorance is simply the absence of knowledge, there's nothing wrong with it; it can be fixed by learning. But you just want to slap these idiots sometimes, FUCK. I need a drink.

[Image: sean_hannity_024.jpg]

IT ONLY PROVES AL GORE WAS WRONG ON GLOBAL WARMING!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-05-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2013 02:59 AM by TheGulegon.)
Pay no attention, just playing around. This kinda snow would suck though, huh?

[Image: atom-bomb-bikini-atoll_8003_990x742.jpg]

13-05-2013, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 10:10 PM by TheGulegon.)
[Image: nuclear-bomb-explosion2.jpg]

gawdam flipping images AngryAngry

13-05-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2013 10:03 PM by TheGulegon.)
[Image: Funny-Drunk-People-Picture-32.jpg]