So...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2013, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2013 11:04 AM by kim.)
RE: So...
Oh, we cold probably do it... but you might be 94 years old before the many processes could be completed. As a result ... while riding, you would most likely break a hip and when you fall off, your spider will suck our your guts out for it's lunch. Tame or not, it's what they do; it is in their nature - they're very tidy. Shy

I did think a bit more about the genetic restructuring, though. Being so large, it would need to have at least another heart and probably another set of lungs to adequately provide for the hydraulic workings of the legs. This can be taken care of with some gene tinkering - it's already been done in lab with flies.

The thing that concerned my thoughts most was leg structure. Since the cuticle material already forms in long strands, it might be possible to genetically induce the already present proteins to adhere or bond with an already stronger organic medium which could be infused - possibly something such as calcium carbonate. A modification might be a ready-built exoskeleton of calcium carbonate for the genetically altered proteins to bond with. This might actually induce quicker growth cycles, because the hormone levels would have to be increased to saturate for the extreme growth of proteins necessary.

The fluctuation of hormone levels would continually trigger molting so, an extra heart and lung set would also help to minimize system shock and provide a heavier blood-oxygen supply for brain development.

Now, my expertise in the art of bio-bullshitting stops with the brain. I don't know nearly enough about brains and neuropaths to imagine the bullshit necessary for this so... I can pretty much bet you'll end up with a really pissed off, giant psychopathic spider. Good luck climbing astride your unpredictable monster; I'll be in another hemisphere. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-05-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: So...
(21-05-2013 10:07 AM)kim Wrote:  Now, my expertise in the art of bio-bullshitting stops with the brain. I don't know nearly enough about brains and neuropaths to imagine the bullshit necessary for this so... I can pretty much bet you'll end up with a really pissed off, giant psychopathic spider. Good luck climbing astride your unpredictable monster; I'll be in another hemisphere. Shy

As a black widow spider has been developed Muffs evil plan for world domination has been revealed. He plans to create an army of giant hybrid muffsian spider mutants.

It's a shame really cos like with all evil geniuses he has a few unforeseen holes in his plan.

After he "mounts" the black widow spider for the mating ritual, and leaves the spider dissapointed 15 seconds later, the spider uses him as nourishment as is customary for black widow spiders.

Thus ends the story of Earmuffs.

Fuckin Earmuffs.... RIP Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post