So

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2013, 05:27 AM
So
Well this is outta character for me.

Half of me doesn't even know why I'm posting here. I guess I just get these random bouts of disinterest in life every so often. Just for a few days to a week or so a couple of times a year.

I think I've hit one now. I'm just losing sight of the point. I really don't see what difference it would make if I jumped off a cliff (not something I actually plan on doing btw). I can't motivate myself for anything and I can't see how life will work out for me in a way I'm satisfied with. I really can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment. Guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: So
Hug

Go outside with someone you care about and stare at the stars.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-07-2013, 05:42 AM
(14-07-2013 05:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well this is outta character for me.

Half of me doesn't even know why I'm posting here. I guess I just get these random bouts of disinterest in life every so often. Just for a few days to a week or so a couple of times a year.

I think I've hit one now. I'm just losing sight of the point. I really don't see what difference it would make if I jumped off a cliff (not something I actually plan on doing btw). I can't motivate myself for anything and I can't see how life will work out for me in a way I'm satisfied with. I really can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment. Guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

I have certain spells of apathy. I just don't seem to give a shit anymore about anything, and that my life is just actions that I do just because I just do.

Its part of my problem currently. I just don't seem to give a shit, and I can't be bothered to even try.

Like for instance, yesterday I went to my grandmother's, and while I usually visit to talk and chat with her, doing my duty as a grandson to keep a connection with my elders, but I just couldn't be assed to answer the same damn question fifty times in a row (Usually I am very patient with her), and I just left. I was actually so meh that I decided I would go to a Catholic Sponsored carnival just because I felt like it would be something different.

It didn't help. I still couldn't give a shit. I still couldn't get excited, or even assed about my life enough to even remotely be interested in playful banter with the hot females that attend the rides. Even my friends noticed when they heard my lack of response when they mentioned anything about God being a real entity.

I just felt.... There, but not there at the same time, like my emotions were gone, and I was just.... Living without them.

I don't know what has been causing this, and personally, I don't care enough to figure out why.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-07-2013, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 06:59 AM by Logica Humano.)
I have had brief periods of self-loathing and apathy, but it is inherent in emotion-driven beings. It is inescapable. It's a disconnect. But I try to envision the future and the part I desire to play. I think of the impact I have on other people, no matter how insignificant. The connection we have with other people is all we truly have, for no man or woman is an island. I think of the effect I will have on the future of people, even if what I do now is utterly pointless. I honestly don't think about myself a lot of the time and, instead, consider how others think. I attempt to live in the eyes of other people, real or not. Alive or dead. "Evil" or "good".

I just do care, and I can't fathom why. Perhaps it is because I value others, often times more than myself? Maybe it is because of my upbringing? I don't know. Sometimes it is a curse, other times it is a blessing. I just try to make the most of it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
14-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Well, since you know the feeling will pass before too long, pay attention right as you're starting to feel Hughs-ish again....figure out what, if anything, brought you out of your funk. In the meantime, ride the wave--there's no rule saying you have to be all sunshine and roses for people all the time....be who you need to be right now. Feel better, hon.

Hug

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
14-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I think we all get these "moods".

Other people don't much figure into mine though. I'll do basically as HOC suggested, except I like it better by myself.

I'll sit by the pond watching the ducks or walk in the woods with my dogs or something like that, and the mood passes.

The beauty of nature always grounds me. You may have other things that ground you, like exercise or a hobby etc.

I think these "moods" happen to most everyone, and they are part of maturing, of introflection if you allow it.

We are all born with a set of traits, and we are born into a set of circumstances that further shape us. We flow along day to day, and occasionally we stop and wonder what the fuck. That's a good thing, not a bad one.

If you have a "what the fuck" moment, allow yourself to think about your life and priorities will shape, or some baggage will be dropped, and you will have grown a bit and carry on a bit wiser.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-07-2013, 07:06 AM
This is where you run into the unsolvable dilemma. We all create our own purposes in life, with absolutely no objectivity. We thrive off of different things, with our desires defining us.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
14-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Hughsie you are still young (that's not a slight just a fact). You will probably see over your life that things ebb and flow. There will be times when you know you are on the right path, times you are just on auto-pilot, times when you know you screwed something up and have to course correct, and times when your brain, your body, your emotions, or some combination just need to coast a bit.

Sometimes I think we need a reboot. Clear out the garbage and reset yourself.

It's good to rethink your 'point' now and then. Time and experiences change you along the way and it's good to take a look at the path you are on. Now and then I think a break from thinking is a good thing...those are the day that I lose myself in a good book or have my own little movie marathon.

This feeling will pass...don't overthink it. Hug

or you could pray Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Like Anjele said, life does ebb & flow and us older folks have just been thru it more times then you youngsters. You get used to them, you understand them better (like Dom has said) And you understand yourself more like Logica has said.

I find a change of scenery helps, also find a few days in nature is also soothing (whether is a weekend camping or a weekend at the beach, or just a REALLY long hike in the woods).

I also find if I start making plans something that I've always been wanting to do, but never get around to doing, it helps pull me out. I have a couple involved projects--refinishing furniture, landscaping-planning a trip to somewhere new,--- once I delve into them it can pull me out as well.

And sometimes I find something to be creative and artistic with...paint, clay, whatever...and go with it until those feelings subside.

its normal.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-07-2013, 09:20 AM
(14-07-2013 07:46 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Like Anjele said, life does ebb & flow and us older folks have just been thru it more times then you youngsters. You get used to them, you understand them better (like Dom has said) And you understand yourself more like Logica has said.

I find a change of scenery helps, also find a few days in nature is also soothing (whether is a weekend camping or a weekend at the beach, or just a REALLY long hike in the woods).

I also find if I start making plans something that I've always been wanting to do, but never get around to doing, it helps pull me out. I have a couple involved projects--refinishing furniture, landscaping-planning a trip to somewhere new,--- once I delve into them it can pull me out as well.

And sometimes I find something to be creative and artistic with...paint, clay, whatever...and go with it until those feelings subside.

its normal.

Yes, change. When you feel like that, it's the season of change, within or without and hopefully both.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post