So

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2013, 09:30 AM
RE: So
Sometimes its just a need for solitude, which can be difficult for some that are always more extroverted. It can feel uncomfortable to be so introspective.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 09:45 AM by Erxomai.)
So
Eh. Chicks advising dudes that are depressed.

Try some masturbating. Pretend you're a Formula 1 driver in Lemans and you're doing it with some fine young lady as you drive toward the finish line.

If that doesn't work, find some old electronics (old computer, printer, fax machine, clock radio, etc.) and go Office Space on that piece of shit.

[video=YouTube]http://youtu.be/PywI0BOxJpI[/video]

If you can get some fireworks, go blow some shit up.

If you can't get fireworks, get some Coke and Mentos and blow some shit up.

Work on or wash a car, birdhouse, bike, typewriter.

Masturbate again.

Rinse and repeat.

It's worth a shot. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-07-2013, 11:18 AM
HoC's a chick? Shocking

And Ato and Logica? Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
14-07-2013, 11:37 AM
(14-07-2013 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Eh. Chicks advising dudes that are depressed.

Try some masturbating. Pretend you're a Formula 1 driver in Lemans and you're doing it with some fine young lady as you drive toward the finish line.

If that doesn't work, find some old electronics (old computer, printer, fax machine, clock radio, etc.) and go Office Space on that piece of shit.

[video=YouTube]http://youtu.be/PywI0BOxJpI[/video]

If you can get some fireworks, go blow some shit up.

If you can't get fireworks, get some Coke and Mentos and blow some shit up.

Work on or wash a car, birdhouse, bike, typewriter.

Masturbate again.

Rinse and repeat.

It's worth a shot. Consider

That just goes back to hobby etc. And masturbating, that's not reserved for males, haha! That is universal tension release.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-07-2013, 12:04 PM
(14-07-2013 05:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well this is outta character for me.

Half of me doesn't even know why I'm posting here. I guess I just get these random bouts of disinterest in life every so often. Just for a few days to a week or so a couple of times a year.

I think I've hit one now. I'm just losing sight of the point. I really don't see what difference it would make if I jumped off a cliff (not something I actually plan on doing btw). I can't motivate myself for anything and I can't see how life will work out for me in a way I'm satisfied with. I really can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment. Guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

I think everyone feels that way at times. Usually things get better and you forget about until the next time it happens. Not sure if keeping a journal would help -- except to maybe show a pattern??

Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Wish we could go for a cup of tea Hughsie. You're at a critical part in your life and I see so much untapped beauty. You need inspiration and purpose. HOC said it perfectly.

PM me if there's anything specific/private you want to chat about, or anything really. Heart Hug
14-07-2013, 12:54 PM
(14-07-2013 05:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I guess I just get these random bouts of disinterest in life every so often. Just for a few days to a week or so a couple of times a year.

I think I've hit one now. I'm just losing sight of the point. I really don't see what difference it would make if I jumped off a cliff (not something I actually plan on doing btw). I can't motivate myself for anything ...

This type of funk happened to me a couple times/year in my late teens. Then I joined the USN where I didn't need to find structure or discipline or motivation or meaning. It was all provided for me. Left a lingering positive effect. I still get in this type of funk but it's only a few times a decade now instead of a few times a year and I know by now that it'll just pass if I just don't give the big black dog much attention just 'cause it's barking from being locked up in its cage and shit. "Bad George. Here's a bone to chew on. Now shut the fuck up and go back to sleep for a few more years."

(14-07-2013 05:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  ... and I can't see how life will work out for me in a way I'm satisfied with.

The trick is to try just hard enough but not too hard and be satisfied with whichever way it works out. At least that's what works for me.

(14-07-2013 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  HoC's a chick? Shocking

Bad example. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-07-2013, 01:01 PM
(14-07-2013 12:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 11:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  HoC's a chick? Shocking

Bad example. Tongue

Good point. Blush

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
14-07-2013, 05:52 PM
(14-07-2013 05:27 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well this is outta character for me.

Half of me doesn't even know why I'm posting here. I guess I just get these random bouts of disinterest in life every so often. Just for a few days to a week or so a couple of times a year.

I think I've hit one now. I'm just losing sight of the point. I really don't see what difference it would make if I jumped off a cliff (not something I actually plan on doing btw). I can't motivate myself for anything and I can't see how life will work out for me in a way I'm satisfied with. I really can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment. Guess I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

If you already haven't, make an investment in a decent telescope (one with a good aperture)! You can literally point anywhere in the sky and see some awesome shit!

The other night I randomly pointed my telescope into the sky and came across the ring nebula, which was an amazing violet color (in order to see all of it I would have to take a long exposure with a camera).

Seriously though, if there is anything that will cheer you up, it will be to look into space.

Also, if you ever want to look at something that is pretty amazing try and find Alberio A and B in the sky, absolutely beautiful.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
14-07-2013, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2013 07:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
Who on Earth you think you are? A Superstar? Well right you are.

Nothings' gonna change my world, nothing's gonna change my world.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post