^
[Show Results]

So...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2016, 02:29 PM
RE: So...
(19-03-2016 09:30 AM)carol Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 09:24 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My cat snores.

So does one of my dogs, a pug mix, the snore is awful and it seems as if he will choke sometimes...it wakes me up at night and I shoo him out of the room.
I was in my room one night trying to find the source of some faint, itty bitty squeak noises.

Turned out to be my little anole lizard. He was snoozing quite contently under his lamp with white boogers in his nose (excess minerals from too many crickets Tongue).

I was surprised that something only a couple inches long could make an audible (and insanely cute) little 'snore.'

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Loom's post
19-03-2016, 02:37 PM
(19-03-2016 09:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  DLJ you got something you wanna add? Girly? Anj? anyone?

#sigh
19-03-2016, 03:52 PM
(19-03-2016 11:30 AM)carol Wrote:  very simple minded, and also whiney and snorty. But he is ours...

Simple minded and whiney - typical for some abused dogs. There is safety in not trying to understand. Understanding has backfired.

When a dog consistently tries to do his best to understand and comply and it backfires and painfully so, he will stop trying. He has done ok since he quit trying to understand. He's not going back.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-03-2016, 05:17 PM
This is an oboe.

[Image: oboe_magnet_large.gif?v=1443831703]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
20-03-2016, 03:44 AM
I think you should create a thread that's about this thread. But not in this thread, another thread. Hell you can even create a thread about how you created a thread about another thread. There would be no end to the threads you could create.
20-03-2016, 03:54 AM
(20-03-2016 03:44 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I think you should create a thread that's about this thread. But not in this thread, another thread. Hell you can even create a thread about how you created a thread about another thread. There would be no end to the threads you could create.

You mean an Nth level abstraction thread - a sort of Meta thread?

This is a job for .....

Da Da Dah .......

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
20-03-2016, 04:09 AM
(20-03-2016 03:44 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I think you should create a thread that's about this thread. But not in this thread, another thread. Hell you can even create a thread about how you created a thread about another thread. There would be no end to the threads you could create.

Ohhh son you are dancing with fire.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-03-2016, 04:59 AM
This is exactly the sort of thread I enjoy taking part in. I always endeavour to add something meaningful to these threads without rambling on endlessly about what, in reality, amounts to nothing more than thinly-disguised empty waffle, that when analysed from a totally objective viewpoint by any rational thinker really says nothing of any relevance.

It's critical for the smooth, uninterrupted flow of these types of deeply meaningful threads that people understand that there's no point and no positive outcomes to be achieved by simply posting a load of nonsensical, off-topic drivel without including any significantly relevant information that's likely to provide a difference of opinion or personal outlook that may in fact enlighten some participants who may've not been thinking logically about specific hypotheses promulgated by an alternative objective reality of their own.

Whatever; I hope this thread doesn't deteriorate into a vapid platform for people who are more interested in saying something just for the purpose of saying something. Purposeless chatter doesn't do anybody any good, particularly when it ultimately has no focus or conclusions to draw; it's just empty words cobbled together by people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time at the expense of those mounting a legitimate debate, or proving a point of order. Whatever, it can be a massive, unfair time-waster for those of us who have the innate ability to craft a purposeful, to-the-point opinion in a minimum of words, and without any excess verbiage.

So... it's for these reasons that I personally never post in a thread such as this, and if I did, it'd only be a sentence or two, or even a couple of words in order to make a very succinct but meaningful comment; and one that doesn't simply give me an excuse to write something for the sake of it, or to massage my own ego. The very last thing I want to do is to bore people simply to get more words on the page; that's pure self-absorption, and totally ignores the realistic expectations of other respondents. Long ago I gave up commenting purely for self-centred reasons, such as getting as many words onto the page as I feasibly could, and thereby causing much irritation to other people who have genuine intentions of furthering the thrust of the thread, and investigating the proposals of other like-minded individuals.

I've therefor decided to keep my comments here to an absolute minimum, with the purpose of not clogging up the page with vacuous, pointless, inconsequential, verbal diarrhea that achieves very little in a positive sense, if anything at all.

I can only hope that other people posting here follow my lead, and keep their comments to relevant, insightful, well-considered opinion, but primarily without filling the space with intellectual dross that at first glance sounds as though it's saying something, but on a closer examination is shown to be valueless as judged by any worthwhile metric.

I'm hoping in these few words I've managed to convey my thoughts, even very briefly, without the perception of resorting to a circuitous, long-winded diatribe.

Brevity is the name of the game on all forums; make your point succinctly, and with the absolute minimum of words, and move on. And don't keep on adding more bits and pieces to what you've already written, as new thoughts pop into you mind. People get bored with reading an endless, apparently never-ending personal tirade by other posters. And this is a trap I endeavour not to fall into; I make my point and that's it. I know instinctively when to call it a day, and allow others ample space to present their viewpoints.

So guys; a salient point, a couple of sentences, and, most importantly cut to the chase. Don't ramble!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
20-03-2016, 05:35 AM
"My mother Thetis tells me that there are two ways in which I may
meet my end. If I stay here and fight, I shall not return alive but
my name will live for ever: whereas if I go home my name will die,
but it will be long ere death shall take me. To the rest of you, then,
I say, 'Go home, for you will not take Ilius.' Jove has held his hand
over her to protect her, and her people have taken heart. Go, therefore,
as in duty bound, and tell the princes of the Achaeans the message
that I have sent them; tell them to find some other plan for the saving
of their ships and people, for so long as my displeasure lasts the
one that they have now hit upon may not be. As for Phoenix, let him
sleep here that he may sail with me in the morning if he so will.
But I will not take him by force."
They all held their peace, dismayed at the sternness with which he
had denied them, till presently the old knight Phoenix in his great
fear for the ships of the Achaeans, burst into tears and said, "Noble
Achilles, if you are now minded to return, and in the fierceness of
your anger will do nothing to save the ships from burning, how, my
son, can I remain here without you? Your father Peleus bade me go
with you when he sent you as a mere lad from Phthia to Agamemnon.
You knew nothing neither of war nor of the arts whereby men make their
mark in council, and he sent me with you to train you in all excellence
of speech and action. Therefore, my son, I will not stay here without
you- no, not though heaven itself vouchsafe to strip my years from
off me, and make me young as I was when I first left Hellas the land
of fair women. I was then flying the anger of father Amyntor, son
of Ormenus, who was furious with me in the matter of his concubine,
of whom he was enamoured to the wronging of his wife my mother. My
mother, therefore, prayed me without ceasing to lie with the woman
myself, that so she hate my father, and in the course of time I yielded.
But my father soon came to know, and cursed me bitterly, calling the
dread Erinyes to witness. He prayed that no son of mine might ever
sit upon knees- and the gods, Jove of the world below and awful Proserpine,
fulfilled his curse. I took counsel to kill him, but some god stayed
my rashness and bade me think on men's evil tongues and how I should
be branded as the murderer of my father: nevertheless I could not
bear to stay in my father's house with him so bitter against me.
I then fled through
Hellas till I came to fertile Phthia, mother of sheep, and to King
Peleus, who made me welcome and treated me as a father treats an only
son who will be heir to all his wealth. He made me rich and set me
over much people, establishing me on the borders of Phthia where I was chief ruler over the Dolopians.
"It was I, Achilles, who had the making of you; I loved you with all
my heart: for you would eat neither at home nor when you had gone
out elsewhere, till I had first set you upon my knees, cut up the
dainty morsel that you were to eat, and held the wine-cup to your
lips. Many a time have you slobbered your wine in baby helplessness
over my shirt; I had infinite trouble with you, but I knew that heaven
had vouchsafed me no offspring of my own, and I made a son of you,
Achilles, that in my hour of need you might protect me. Now, therefore,
I say battle with your pride and beat it; cherish not your anger for
ever; the might and majesty of heaven are more than ours, but even
heaven may be appeased; and if a man has sinned he prays the gods,
and reconciles them to himself by his piteous cries and by frankincense,
with drink-offerings and the savour of burnt sacrifice. For prayers
are as daughters to great Jove; halt, wrinkled, with eyes askance,
they follow in the footsteps of sin, who, being fierce and fleet of
foot, leaves them far behind him, and ever baneful to mankind outstrips
them even to the ends of the world; but nevertheless the prayers come
hobbling and healing after.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-03-2016, 07:02 AM
(20-03-2016 04:59 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This is exactly the sort of thread I enjoy taking part in. I always endeavour to add something meaningful to these threads without rambling on endlessly about what, in reality, amounts to nothing more than thinly-disguised empty waffle, that when analysed from a totally objective viewpoint by any rational thinker really says nothing of any relevance.

It's critical for the smooth, uninterrupted flow of these types of deeply meaningful threads that people understand that there's no point and no positive outcomes to be achieved by simply posting a load of nonsensical, off-topic drivel without including any significantly relevant information that's likely to provide a difference of opinion or personal outlook that may in fact enlighten some participants who may've not been thinking logically about specific hypotheses promulgated by an alternative objective reality of their own.

Whatever; I hope this thread doesn't deteriorate into a vapid platform for people who are more interested in saying something just for the purpose of saying something. Purposeless chatter doesn't do anybody any good, particularly when it ultimately has no focus or conclusions to draw; it's just empty words cobbled together by people who apparently have nothing better to do with their time at the expense of those mounting a legitimate debate, or proving a point of order. Whatever, it can be a massive, unfair time-waster for those of us who have the innate ability to craft a purposeful, to-the-point opinion in a minimum of words, and without any excess verbiage.

So... it's for these reasons that I personally never post in a thread such as this, and if I did, it'd only be a sentence or two, or even a couple of words in order to make a very succinct but meaningful comment; and one that doesn't simply give me an excuse to write something for the sake of it, or to massage my own ego. The very last thing I want to do is to bore people simply to get more words on the page; that's pure self-absorption, and totally ignores the realistic expectations of other respondents. Long ago I gave up commenting purely for self-centred reasons, such as getting as many words onto the page as I feasibly could, and thereby causing much irritation to other people who have genuine intentions of furthering the thrust of the thread, and investigating the proposals of other like-minded individuals.

I've therefor decided to keep my comments here to an absolute minimum, with the purpose of not clogging up the page with vacuous, pointless, inconsequential, verbal diarrhea that achieves very little in a positive sense, if anything at all.

I can only hope that other people posting here follow my lead, and keep their comments to relevant, insightful, well-considered opinion, but primarily without filling the space with intellectual dross that at first glance sounds as though it's saying something, but on a closer examination is shown to be valueless as judged by any worthwhile metric.

I'm hoping in these few words I've managed to convey my thoughts, even very briefly, without the perception of resorting to a circuitous, long-winded diatribe.

Brevity is the name of the game on all forums; make your point succinctly, and with the absolute minimum of words, and move on. And don't keep on adding more bits and pieces to what you've already written, as new thoughts pop into you mind. People get bored with reading an endless, apparently never-ending personal tirade by other posters. And this is a trap I endeavour not to fall into; I make my point and that's it. I know instinctively when to call it a day, and allow others ample space to present their viewpoints.

So guys; a salient point, a couple of sentences, and, most importantly cut to the chase. Don't ramble!

tl;dr

Bowing

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post