milk?
^
[Show Results]

So...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 07:54 AM
RE: So...
(20-03-2016 05:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I loved you with all my heart: for you would eat neither at home nor when you had gone...

All very interesting but unfortunately spoiled by a single grammatical error. The above should read "I loved you with all my heart: For you would eat neither at home nor when you had gone out elsewhere".

Any word following a colon should begin with a capital letter. The exception of course is when a semi-colon is used. The former has nearly the same function as a full stop, whereas the latter functions as a comma (or a pause for breath). And confirming this, For you would eat neither at home nor when you had gone out elsewhere is considered an independent clause.

Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2016, 03:27 PM
(19-03-2016 09:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 09:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I aint got no topics to create a thread about.
This displeases me. How the fuck can I create threads when I aint got no topics for said threads? Know what I'm sayin?

*awkward pause*

So... ummmmmmm... nope I got sweet fuck all.
DLJ you got something you wanna add? Girly? Anj? anyone?

Nope.

I ran out of things to say months ago.

I'm only still here because Moms got hold of those incriminating ...

Blush

No. Nothing.

As you were. Now, about those snoring cats.

Yes

*long fingernails drum across an envelope with a satisfied smirk on her face.*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-03-2016, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2016 04:18 PM by carol.)
(19-03-2016 03:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-03-2016 11:30 AM)carol Wrote:  very simple minded, and also whiney and snorty. But he is ours...

Simple minded and whiney - typical for some abused dogs. There is safety in not trying to understand. Understanding has backfired.

When a dog consistently tries to do his best to understand and comply and it backfires and painfully so, he will stop trying. He has done ok since he quit trying to understand. He's not going back.
Yes, I think that is what happened to him- he just stopped trying. Occasionally, rarely, I do see some brightness in him. he is so attatched to me- follows me everywhere, and just lately- after eight years, he has just started to bring me toys to throw so he will run for them. He also knows to bark when he needs help- and he passses toys to me to hold. It took several years, and lots of treats for him to not be afraid and to learn basic commands- which he seems very proud to be able to do now! He used to panic and shudder with fear snd show his belly and pee for months when we first got him, before he relaxed enough to learn. He also was so afraid to poop out doors that he made himself sick- he would actually cry over it and shake-- and hold it in as long as he could- I had to set up a private fenced in area where he would feel safe enough to go potty- wihout anyone watching him.What did they do to the poor thing to make him so afraid to poop- I can not imagine how cruel they must have been to him. It took about two years until he would actually go out and do his business without crying and trying to hide-
20-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Milksteak.

20-03-2016, 05:58 PM
(19-03-2016 05:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This is an oboe.

[Image: oboe_magnet_large.gif?v=1443831703]

[Image: magritte1.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2016, 05:59 PM
(20-03-2016 03:44 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I think you should create a thread that's about this thread. But not in this thread, another thread. Hell you can even create a thread about how you created a thread about another thread. There would be no end to the threads you could create.

That could not possibly end well. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-03-2016, 06:13 PM

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
20-03-2016, 06:15 PM
I had a cat once. It was a good cat. It had, like, a stripe on it.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
21-03-2016, 08:13 AM
I once had an asthma attack when I was sleeping with a dog (not in that way).

I got to ride in an ambulance and had an oxygen mask on my face (the asthma attack was that bad :o)

Note to self: don't sleep with a dog
[+] 1 user Likes Kyx's post
21-03-2016, 08:22 AM
I once had a new girlfriend named Virginia. I called her Virgin for short, but not for long. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post