So... Any tips on how to hotwire a car?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2017, 07:04 PM
So... Any tips on how to hotwire a car?
Lost the keys to my granddads car Dodgy

It is an old ass Toyota Yaris from the 90s and it will literally be scrapped in a week, so don't really care about damage... What I do care about is that it is in my boss' parking space so, erh, time is kinda of the essence.

I'm going to make another run to the lost and found tomorrow, but if that doesn't yield the keys then I might look into cracking it open and start crossing wires.

Any advice on that last part? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: So... Any tips on how to hotwire a car?
Problem is, when you rip the lock cylinder out, the mechanism is designed to lock the steering wheel. So, even if you can get it started, you won't be able to drive it....

Better bet, get a tow truck..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
31-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Have some proof that you are allowed to be doing that for when an authority rolls past and sees you doing so. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
31-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Like how far into the 90s? Because mid 90s is when it started getting complicated.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
31-07-2017, 07:35 PM
"Hot-wiring" ain't what it used to be. Look up on how to pop the lock on that model of car, on youtube.

Just revisited your OP. Just bounce that light weigh POS into the next parking space. Get it going up-and-down, while leaning on it sideways. Easy-peasy. I used to work for a car dealer back in the early '70's, and we got cars out of spots that you wouldn't believe. Better have some arms, though. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
31-07-2017, 07:45 PM
(31-07-2017 07:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Problem is, when you rip the lock cylinder out, the mechanism is designed to lock the steering wheel. So, even if you can get it started, you won't be able to drive it....

Hmm, you can't break the steering lock?
31-07-2017, 07:47 PM
(31-07-2017 07:19 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Like how far into the 90s? Because mid 90s is when it started getting complicated.

Yeah, really hope it's early 90s. I'll pound in a side window and figure it out tomorrow - it was definitely before they started to install alarms in Yarises Wink
31-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Sell it on ebay for $1 and let someone else deal with it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-08-2017, 12:50 AM
(31-07-2017 11:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sell it on ebay for $1 and let someone else deal with it.

And then my boss might buy it! I love it! This could become an epic story that I could use as an icebreaker around the coffee machine at my new job Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Gaest's post
01-08-2017, 03:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 05:00 AM by onlinebiker.)
(31-07-2017 07:45 PM)Gaest Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 07:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Problem is, when you rip the lock cylinder out, the mechanism is designed to lock the steering wheel. So, even if you can get it started, you won't be able to drive it....

Hmm, you can't break the steering lock?

Sure, you can... It's just hard to get a good swing with a 9lbs sledge in the confines of a subcompact.....

And- for the record.. WTF compelled you to park in your bosses spot????

Do you trim your toenails whilst propping your feet up on his desk???

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post