So, Australia, let me see if I have this right...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: So, Australia, let me see if I have this right...
(05-06-2014 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why mount them, just eat them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_meat

I've never eaten 'roo meat.

heard tell that their meat is great for fishing.

I've had Wallaby meat. Delicious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
(05-06-2014 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why mount them, just eat them.

I've never eaten 'roo meat.

And yet I have.

Hmm.

... this is my signature!
05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
(05-06-2014 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I really would not advise just walking up to a random kangaroo in a Mob and trying to mount it.
thanks for putting a really disturbing picture in my head Dodgy

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
(05-06-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've never eaten 'roo meat.

And yet I have.

Hmm.

Is it good? you must tell me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-06-2014, 07:26 PM
(05-06-2014 05:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And yet I have.

Hmm.

Is it good? you must tell me.

It was good. More like venison than anything else.

... this is my signature!
05-06-2014, 08:01 PM
(04-06-2014 08:34 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 10:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  2) If you try to score a goal but miss your teammates HAVE to pat you on the bum.

Hey, you trying to tell me you wouldnt pat them on the bum? I certainly wouldnt have minded Wink

Well they're not really my type.. it's the short shorts I think. They're just so disgustingly short, it's off-putting.

Quote:Not a bad summary for a newbie to the game. I won't answer all your points...you're on the right track.

3) "The Indigenous population makes up two and a half percent of the total Australian population; from this, 90,000 participants are involved with AFL programs around the country. Indigenous Players make up 9% of our AFL list."

Technically, they're "over-represented" in Aussie Rules (and in both rugby codes, I believe).

http://aflcommunityclub.com.au/index.php?id=727

5) well, it's more pushing and shoving....and it gets a bit rough at time. An example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zos6DQYudXQ

7) every 15 metres

8) yep, you're not allowed to throw the ball. You have to "handball" it. Ball on the palm of one hand, hit with a closed fist from the other. An open-handed slap (on the ball) is also OK but is only useful over (very) short distances.

10) "time left" is determined by timekeepers not by umpires or commentators. Timekeepers are situated in one of the stands. TV stations often just have to use their best estimates.

11) sides are 18 in number, plus 3 field umpires, 2 goal umpires, 4 boundary umpires. So that's 45 just to start off. Plus there are runners, physios, medicos who look after players. In general, play does not stop when a player is inured on the field.

Glad you seem to be enjoying our game. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Ah, I was close.
As for the time thing, I mean like it says "10minutes" left in the quarter, but it takes like 40minutes to do that quarter because the clock stops every time the ball stops.
It's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm just use to union where the clock keeps ticking while they all stand around and have a tea party.

Quote:I think you have the rules of game down pat, earmuffs. It's one of the better games out there.

Yes!, nailed it.

Quote:Ha - I used to watch this many years ago -pre-interwebz- in the middle of the night after work. I was just at the point of figuring it out when they replaced it's regular time slot with something completely boring. I always wondered if it was some new game they were trying to invent and openly sort out. I never really heard more about it so, I may have eventually chocked it up to a work exhaustion induced hallucination. Shy

Apparently, correct me if I'm wrong Aussies, it's the most popular sport in Australia.

Quote:Weeping NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! So freethought doesn't ride kangaroos. Weeping

Just emu's.

Quote:Why are you complaining? Sounds like your kind of sport Tongue

Dude, it's the short shorts. Seriously, they're gross. If you made them a reasonable length all would be right with the world.
06-06-2014, 02:28 AM
(05-06-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've never eaten 'roo meat.

And yet I have.

Hmm.

I'm not an adventurous eater.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-06-2014, 03:54 AM
(06-06-2014 02:28 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 04:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  And yet I have.

Hmm.

I'm not an adventurous eater.

If you grow up observing decomposing kangaroo road kill every day, its not an appetising thought.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
06-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Re: RE: So, Australia, let me see if I have this right...
(05-06-2014 03:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I really would not advise just walking up to a random kangaroo in a Mob and trying to mount it.

Why mount them, just eat them.

No, no. Riding kangaroos would be more awesome. Just imagine, riding it on the free way, everybody else would cheering me on and it would be the best day if I get to ride one. Eating kangaroo can't beat that!
06-06-2014, 07:36 AM
(06-06-2014 07:20 AM)rizzzzzzzzzzzz Wrote:  

No, no. Riding kangaroos would be more awesome. Just imagine, riding it on the free way, everybody else would cheering me on and it would be the best day if I get to ride one. Eating kangaroo can't beat that!

Have you considered the problems inherent in riding a kangaroo?

I mean assuming you are able to get on the back of one, how exactly do you think sitting on the back of a creature which hops as it's primary mode of transportation at 25-odd KPH would go? Probably get flung off the back in the first bounce!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.