So.. Britain wants out of the EU

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Question So.. Britain wants out of the EU
Britain want out! I mean I can understand but surely they are benefits being in the EU. Then again Switzerland not in the EU and it's one of the most democratic country in the world. I thinks it's more of Britain don't want out of EU but the EU out of Britain Smile

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2011, 06:00 PM
RE: So.. Britain wants out of the EU
I don't actually know much about the eu so I've been looking around to find out some more info.
Alot of the reasons people give for wanting out of the eu seem to be based on scare mongering stories that they heard and alot of other nonsense like how straight a banana has to be.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-10-2011, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 06:04 PM by Hughsie.)
I don't really have an opinion on the whole EU issue but I think that we are only hearing one side of the story in the press. I'm really not in favour of all our money going to beaurocrats in Brussels but if we are getting something good in return then maybe it is worth it. The papers have entrenched themselves on the anti-EU side though so they never gonna report any of the benefits we get.

Like I said, I don't know enough to have a real opinion but as far as the referendum goes I would probably vote to renegotiate our terms, it's gotta be worth a shot getting the benefits but at a lower cost. To be honest though I'm against the idea of a referendum. Important decisions need to be left to politicians who have all the facts and base their decision on those facts as opposed to a general public who mostly don't know the whole story and will just vote for whatever their favoured tabloid tells them to vote for.

Also, as a bit of a cynic, I kinda believe in the concept of 'nasty truths' as I call them. Those things we do as a nation that are a little unethical or undesirable but are kinda necessary. The odd screwing over of people here and there as it benefits our economy and if we didn't then someone else would do it instead and gain a major economic advantage over us. Politicians can take that sorta thing into account, the public can't.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-10-2011, 06:15 PM
(24-10-2011 06:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't really have an opinion on the whole EU issue but I think that we are only hearing one side of the story in the press. I'm really not in favour of all our money going to beaurocrats in Brussels but if we are getting something good in return then maybe it is worth it. The papers have entrenched themselves on the anti-EU side though so they never gonna report any of the benefits we get.

Like I said, I don't know enough to have a real opinion but as far as the referendum goes I would probably vote to renegotiate our terms, it's gotta be worth a shot getting the benefits but at a lower cost. To be honest though I'm against the idea of a referendum. Important decisions need to be left to politicians who have all the facts and base their decision on those facts as opposed to a general public who mostly don't know the whole story and will just vote for whatever their favoured tabloid tells them to vote for.

Also, as a bit of a cynic, I kinda believe in the concept of 'nasty truths' as I call them. Those things we do as a nation that are a little unethical or undesirable but are kinda necessary. The odd screwing over of people here and there as it benefits our economy and if we didn't then someone else would do it instead and gain a major economic advantage over us. Politicians can take that sorta thing into account, the public can't.

I'm like you in that I don't know much about it because it's always the anti eu stuff that is reported. I know that Britain gets millions in rebates and even more for regeneration projects in run down parts of city's some of it near me.

The thing about politicians making these kind of decisions you need to remember often they know nothing about the issue but vote anyway. I don't want some politician voting for something because their party said they've to vote a certain way (which does happen). I want to choose for myself on issues that affect me. Like the issue of independence for Scotland I don't want politicians deciding that for me I want my own say.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-10-2011, 06:28 PM
(24-10-2011 06:15 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I'm like you in that I don't know much about it because it's always the anti eu stuff that is reported. I know that Britain gets millions in rebates and even more for regeneration projects in run down parts of city's some of it near me.

The thing about politicians making these kind of decisions you need to remember often they know nothing about the issue but vote anyway. I don't want some politician voting for something because their party said they've to vote a certain way (which does happen). I want to choose for myself on issues that affect me. Like the issue of independence for Scotland I don't want politicians deciding that for me I want my own say.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a say in important decisions. The only thing that concerns me is that if I get a say then 20 million people with lower IQs than your average lemon, who's decision making process is 'the woman in the Sun with the nice tits says she is voting for X so thats what I'm gonna do' and who find it difficult to even put a cross next to their choice, also get a say.

I'm also never going to be properly informed. Then there is the issue of 'nasty truths', I would rather leave that stuff to politicians.

I think in my perfect world there would safe-guards to keep thick people and idealists out of the decision making process and the Government would be fully honest with anyone who qualified to vote. It's never going to happen though so, for now, I'm prepared to sacrifice my vote to prevent other people having theirs.

Wow, I just realised how much of a bastard that makes me sound. Ah well, the price of realism, you appear to be a cunt at times Big Grin!!!!!!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.