So.. Destiny 2 huh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2017, 08:54 PM
So.. Destiny 2 huh?
Looks exactly like Destiny 1 with some slight tweaks.
Graphics look the same. Gameplay looks exactly the same. Weapons are basically the same. Skills pretty samey, and the fact that there's more roaming supers is just gonna further make the multiplayer laughable.

It basically looks like a Destiny 1 expansion. I'm kinda meh about it.
I dunno, I guess I was just expecting a lot more from Destiny "2".

Rearviewmirror, you're one of those Destiny scrubs who has no concept of when to stop playing a game because you've literally done everything a thousand times, what do you think?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: So.. Destiny 2 huh?
I played a ton of Destiny the first two years but haven't really played much the last year or so. I loved playing, I just couldn't get a good group to play all raids and stuff.

My feelings were similar, I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't really wowed by the reveal. Part of it might be the fact that it will be 30 fps on console and there isn't any plan for cross-saves on console/PC right now. And apparently no dedicated servers so multiplayer might be a lagfest.

I'll reserve judgement until I play it. Although, if it's just more Destiny 1 with slightly better graphics, better missions, and cool loot then I'll probably be happy.
25-05-2017, 10:51 AM
It really doesn't look that different from D1. I played with a good group to do the raids and it was a challenge and fun. If all they did was reset the story and rotate the powers and weapons, I'm not so sure I'll buy into it. My daughter liked it so maybe I'll let her give it a go and see what's up with it before I start the grind (which it can be) to be strong enough for the raids and to have the better weapons which make a big difference.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
26-05-2017, 04:57 AM
I see no difference between D1 and D2
[+] 1 user Likes MuntyJay's post
02-09-2017, 10:08 PM
(26-05-2017 04:57 AM)MuntyJay Wrote:  I see no difference between D1 and D2

Destiny 2 has a 2 behind the name... cmon its not that hard.
02-09-2017, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 12:56 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-05-2017 02:29 PM)Dex Wrote:  I played a ton of Destiny the first two years but haven't really played much the last year or so. I loved playing, I just couldn't get a good group to play all raids and stuff.

They're actually looking to address that issue with a system that'll pair solo players with clans to tackle the hardest content. It'll get rolled out post-launch, to allow the clans to populate before opening it up in beta form.

(20-05-2017 02:29 PM)Dex Wrote:  My feelings were similar, I don't know what I was expecting but I wasn't really wowed by the reveal. Part of it might be the fact that it will be 30 fps on console and there isn't any plan for cross-saves on console/PC right now. And apparently no dedicated servers so multiplayer might be a lagfest.

Well, if you want 60FPS, play on PC. Apparently it's looking really well optimized, and will hit 60FPS with low to mid tier machines, and even do better than console (30FPS but with better visuals) with fairly low end machines.

That cheap-o second hand refurbished office PC that I posted earlier, where I crammed a low-profile MSI Geforce GTX 1050 into it? With that system's i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM, it'll have no issue hitting console visuals at 60 FPS (for under $300, far less than the price of a PS4 Pro). Let alone on my main rig with it's over-clocked 4.3 GHz Devil's Canyon i5-4670K, 16 GB of RAM, and dual EVGA GTX 970 FTW Editions.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Not gonna get it. I 100% was but now.. nah. Not because of the game or anything they've done, I just don't wanna play it.
Can't pin point why.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-09-2017, 12:46 AM
(02-09-2017 11:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
I just don't wanna play it.
Can't pin point why.

Adulthood?

Angel

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-09-2017, 12:55 AM
(03-09-2017 12:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
Can't pin point why.

Adulthood?

Angel

[Image: main-qimg-7033abdf25ceaa80cd7f7a2df789336c-c]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-09-2017, 01:15 AM
(03-09-2017 12:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
Can't pin point why.

Adulthood?

Angel

Actually, I think you're right. I've been considering selling my Xbox and games lately. Just don't play it much anymore and don't really have any desire to do so. The only game I play on it now really is Halo 5 and I don't think it's worth keeping everything just to play Halo 5. I'd rather sell it all, get like $600-700 maybe more and spend that money on my business, paying off some bills or even upgrading my PC.

Anyone wanna buy an xbox one, 24 games and custom scuff controller?

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post