So.. Destiny 2 huh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: So.. Destiny 2 huh?
Servers are down so here I am. Tongue

This is the first Destiny I've played so there's that.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 03:19 AM
(25-09-2017 08:16 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Servers are down so here I am. Tongue

Post pics of your Black Desert Online waifu in the Avatar Parade thread, ya' putz. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2017, 06:40 AM
(02-10-2017 03:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-09-2017 08:16 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Servers are down so here I am. Tongue

Post pics of your Black Desert Online waifu in the Avatar Parade thread, ya' putz. Big Grin

WTF is an "avatar parade thread?"

I feel like a real gamer now (from playing Destiny 2 ) throwing controllers, screaming at people, calling everybody a cunt; I should probably twitch. Tongue

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-10-2017, 07:55 PM
(23-09-2017 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Still wasn't written by Chris Avellone, and thus still not the best. Who is Chris Avellone you might be asking? Only one of the industry's leading designers and writers, a Black Isle Studio alumni, and a co-founder of Obsidian Entertainment.

The only thing I don't like about Chris Avellone's writing is how pretentious he gets with his narratives concerning grey morality, like with his use of Kreia as a mouthpiece attempting to make a point by twisting one's own actions with absurdity. On that note, I love Divinity: Original Sin II, Baldur's Gate, and so on, so I will give him credit where credit is due.

Destiny 2 made such a big deal out of its bland, nonsensical plot relying on the lazy exposition delivered in the grimoire card bollocks. Whenever this is a topic I broach, Destiny fanboys always point to codexes in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series, which simply shows me that they haven't played those games because they are "too wordy" and are "boring", considering how the lore and exposition in those games are at least introduced to the player through narrative options, albeit varying in quality. But that is the biggest flaw regarding the Destiny franchise. Much like a lot of television nowadays, the writers rely on the anticipation of the story coming but with it not really coming and instead rely on dumb grimdark fantasy with no emotional levity behind it. Oh, and their definition of character is "funny" or "rock."

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
04-10-2017, 12:04 AM
(03-10-2017 07:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 02:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Still wasn't written by Chris Avellone, and thus still not the best. Who is Chris Avellone you might be asking? Only one of the industry's leading designers and writers, a Black Isle Studio alumni, and a co-founder of Obsidian Entertainment.

The only thing I don't like about Chris Avellone's writing is how pretentious he gets with his narratives concerning grey morality, like with his use of Kreia as a mouthpiece attempting to make a point by twisting one's own actions with absurdity. On that note, I love Divinity: Original Sin II, Baldur's Gate, and so on, so I will give him credit where credit is due.

Destiny 2 made such a big deal out of its bland, nonsensical plot relying on the lazy exposition delivered in the grimoire card bollocks. Whenever this is a topic I broach, Destiny fanboys always point to codexes in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series, which simply shows me that they haven't played those games because they are "too wordy" and are "boring", considering how the lore and exposition in those games are at least introduced to the player through narrative options, albeit varying in quality. But that is the biggest flaw regarding the Destiny franchise. Much like a lot of television nowadays, the writers rely on the anticipation of the story coming but with it not really coming and instead rely on dumb grimdark fantasy with no emotional levity behind it. Oh, and their definition of character is "funny" or "rock."

And yet nobody liked Dragon Age II, the one that took a deep dive on character and narrative. I loved it, it's still my favorite Bioware protagonist and supporting cast (sorry Mass Effect).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2017, 06:14 AM
Anyone planning on playing the PC release? I'd be game to group and stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Landsman's post
08-10-2017, 10:23 AM
(04-10-2017 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  And yet nobody liked Dragon Age II, the one that took a deep dive on character and narrative. I loved it, it's still my favorite Bioware protagonist and supporting cast (sorry Mass Effect).

I'd say it is divisive. Fact is, a lot of Bioware fans tend to hate games that just come out and, after a couple of years, they suddenly love it and use it as a comparison against the new game that has come out. As a dev myself it is both amusing and really fucking annoying.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
12-10-2017, 03:56 AM
(08-10-2017 06:14 AM)Landsman Wrote:  Anyone planning on playing the PC release? I'd be game to group and stuff.
When it comes out for pc imma make three hunters and then it's off to the races. Once my pc crew are ready for the exotic grind, I'll probably go back to ps4. Right now I'm looking for a clan to make me admin; cause Imma bounce around until one does.

living word
12-10-2017, 03:59 AM
And this fucking clan requires one to participate in "band" chat and have the "band" app on your device???

They ban me from "band" and wonder why I left the clan???

I mean, fuck them. This game would be GOTY if not for HZD, but I'm a total crackhead rn.

living word
16-10-2017, 03:40 PM
I am done with D2. The light level drop system is utter bunk. I finished the Iron Banner Challenges (level up 10 times) and was rewarded with a scout rifle 8 levels BELOW my current light and an emblem. Not fucking worth it. Screw this game and it's shitty light progression system.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley