So... Halo 5 beta...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 06:57 PM
So... Halo 5 beta...
IS FUCKING AWESOME!
I mean it's obvious it's just in beta and the game doesn't come out for another year, but the improvements are fantastic. Completely changed Halo from "meh-slight shit" to "this has potential to be the best competitive multiplier FPS on the market".
In saying that, a lot can happen in a year so..

Just thought you guys should know.
You can continue.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: So... Halo 5 beta...
Shoot. Since I have the inferior PS4, I guess I'll have to pick up an XBone when it does come out. Looks like it is pretty decent. Halo 5 Gameplay

[Image: SaganPortrainWide.png]
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism. -Carl Sagan
20-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Fuck that.

Betas these days are nothing but pre order shemes.

Rather than actual testing and fixing grounds.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
20-12-2014, 08:12 PM
(20-12-2014 08:07 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Fuck that.

Betas these days are nothing but pre order shemes.

Rather than actual testing and fixing grounds.

I disagree.
The Destiny beta multiplayer was different to the actual game. They were able to find imbalances and bugs and fix them for the game.
I'd rather a beta prior to game release than the game release being the beta and the update 2weeks later being the actual game...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-12-2014, 06:23 AM
I am not going to lie, this game looks amazing. I would not be surprised if the xbox one sales went up just because of this game. I mean it looks as if it is a new game, a new start to halo.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-12-2014, 09:30 AM
(21-12-2014 06:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am not going to lie, this game looks amazing. I would not be surprised if the xbox one sales went up just because of this game. I mean it looks as if it is a new game, a new start to halo.

It really does feel like a new game.
I don't wanna fall into that trap and say "it feels like a love child of CoD and Halo" but it really does... It has things like sprinting, ADS which is new to Halo (in the way that they have done it that everyone can sprint and every gun has ADS) but it feels balanced and classic Halo. ie: ADS doesn't improve accuracy of the gun. Sure it zooms and makes it easier to aim from a mental perspective but it doesn't change the size of the reticle or improve gun accuracy. ie2: If you sprint your shield/health doesn't recharge and it takes time to bring up your gun after you finish sprinting.

So it pleases the CoD retards who are turned off Halo because "eww it doesn't have ADS" or "eww it doesn't have sprint" but pleases the Halo fan boys by those things not 'technically' changing the game.

Oh, and kill times has been slightly increased to speed up game play pace. Feels sort of like Destiny with kill times, certainly not retardedly instant like CoD thank god though.

As for graphics. Well the game doesn't come out for a year and it's an early access beta (the actual beta starts in a week or so), but it does look rather nice already.
Some things are obviously not finished like certain pieces of armor BUT you don't judge a games graphics this early.

And the rating system is fantastic. Those that are familiar with League of Legends rating system will understand Halo 5's instantly, it's effectively the exact same thing.
22-12-2014, 10:42 PM
(21-12-2014 09:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 06:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am not going to lie, this game looks amazing. I would not be surprised if the xbox one sales went up just because of this game. I mean it looks as if it is a new game, a new start to halo.

It really does feel like a new game.
I don't wanna fall into that trap and say "it feels like a love child of CoD and Halo" but it really does... It has things like sprinting, ADS which is new to Halo (in the way that they have done it that everyone can sprint and every gun has ADS) but it feels balanced and classic Halo. ie: ADS doesn't improve accuracy of the gun. Sure it zooms and makes it easier to aim from a mental perspective but it doesn't change the size of the reticle or improve gun accuracy. ie2: If you sprint your shield/health doesn't recharge and it takes time to bring up your gun after you finish sprinting.

So it pleases the CoD retards who are turned off Halo because "eww it doesn't have ADS" or "eww it doesn't have sprint" but pleases the Halo fan boys by those things not 'technically' changing the game.

Oh, and kill times has been slightly increased to speed up game play pace. Feels sort of like Destiny with kill times, certainly not retardedly instant like CoD thank god though.

As for graphics. Well the game doesn't come out for a year and it's an early access beta (the actual beta starts in a week or so), but it does look rather nice already.
Some things are obviously not finished like certain pieces of armor BUT you don't judge a games graphics this early.

And the rating system is fantastic. Those that are familiar with League of Legends rating system will understand Halo 5's instantly, it's effectively the exact same thing.

I can agree, I have had that feel halo is leaning towards the CoD way when ordinance drops and sprint being its own thing and not an exclusive ability. I also hope you can change species in this game.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Let me know when it goes up on Steam.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
26-12-2014, 10:37 AM
(23-12-2014 12:42 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Let me know when it goes up on Steam.

lol

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
[+] 1 user Likes Likos02's post
26-12-2014, 11:07 AM
(23-12-2014 12:42 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Let me know when it goes up on Steam.

Steam ain't getting itTongue

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post