So.. Hey guys.. Please dont yell at me (sorry the pics are huge)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2017, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 11:23 PM by Jewelarcher.)
So.. Hey guys.. Please dont yell at me (sorry the pics are huge)
So.. I was on facebook.. minding my own business.. annnd... saw a post about the eclipse coming up with the times and places to be.. clicked the link.. and BAM! Total Eclipse?! You mean TOTAL FEAR strikes again. I placed it here cause Im having a moment of full terror. **update, images gave me so much trouble. they just gatta chill how they are.
I feel like I only come here when theres trouble for me.. Im sorry about that. I normally do ok and sometimes just browse around. I know you guys can really help me chill out and calm down. I already had this crap pop up on my pinterest too.. So I just feel kind of stuck with it. Its freaking me out. Im not going to lie..
Honestly, on the inside.. I feel like I am letting it get the best of me.. I also have that feeling on the inside that hurts when stuff like this comes up. Like, its the only reason I can not just ignore stuff like this. It hurts me . Anywho.. Ill share what came up.. I was already scared with the first post, I just grabbed more of the comments from the original comment so I can share what all went down. Also, someone shared a video on my facebook titled "September 23, 2017? What's going to happen?" lawd jesus help my heart. I cant get away from it. (I didnt watch the video, just popped up in the news feed.
[img][Image: as6_zpszdofcumx.png][/img]
[img][Image: as1_zpsyzplygbj.png][/img][img][img][Image: as4_zps5cad4xtj.png][/img][Image: as7_zps1hjk0b8d.png][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2017, 11:35 PM
RE: So.. Hey guys.. Please dont yell at me (sorry the pics are huge)
I'm sorry this has scared you Heart

Consider what evidence there is that anything bad is going to happen. Peoples' feelings are notoriously bad evidence for anything. People have felt (and proclaimed certainty) that the world is going to end dozens of times. It was based on nothing real, and every time it's nonsense. This is no different. If there was any scientific evidence, people would be all over it. Especially scientists. They'd also be working on any practical ways of stopping it, instead of (as some religious people do) wanking over the prospect.

If the world ends then, it will be a coincidence. It won't be because of Jesus coming down to destroy it. If he existed at all, he's dead, and hasn't done/said anything for 2000 years.

If the world ends... you won't be around to worry about it.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah we had a troll recently that came by that believed in this sept 23 2017 nonsense.

Thousands of end of the world predictions, the number that have happened.. 0.

Worry more about driving safely, and watch your cholesterol. Exercise a bit...

If god does come by (which will not happen) be honest, if it does happen most of those idiots posting that they know when the end times come, and what will happen to you or me, are going to have a tougher time explaining themselves god then you or I will...

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
15-07-2017, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys! I wish I could work this out on my own. My fears really get the best of me. Ive been here several times talking about this kind of stuff because I just cant shake it. The first time it came up, I was able to get it sorted out with a friend. Then it just comes up two more times... Its too much.
I try to reason with how dumb it is, but I guess the religious roots are too strong in me.
16-07-2017, 12:31 AM
(15-07-2017 11:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was on facebook.. minding my own business.. Laughat

Laugh out load

I have nothing to add to the topic (other than to remind you that space rocks align all the time; it's just maths) but I did want to thank you for that opening.

Brilliant!

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-07-2017, 12:37 AM
(16-07-2017 12:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 11:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was on facebook.. minding my own business.. Laughat

Laugh out load

I have nothing to add to the topic (other than to remind you that space rocks align all the time; it's just maths) but I did want to thank you for that opening.

Brilliant!

Big Grin

Big Grin glad you enjoyed it!
16-07-2017, 01:53 AM
It's weird that people get freaked out by eclipses. They're predictable. All of this hysteria based on astronomical calculations. Are they saying that astronomy is better than the Bible?

Earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes... I'd expect people to get freaked over those. Not eclipses. Also LOL at drawing a cross over the USA Rolleyes I mean. The Holy Land is ... where precisely? Not in the fucking USA. Why the fuck would God draw a random cross to presage the end times anyway? I mean allegedly there was a big ol' cross at Ground Zero after the towers fell. Apparently that wasn't an end-times sign though? How do people tell if it's God just doodling or if it's a sign of the end-times?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-07-2017, 05:06 AM
(15-07-2017 11:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was on facebook.. minding my own business.. annnd... saw a post about the eclipse coming up with the times and places to be.. clicked the link.. and BAM! Total Eclipse?! You mean TOTAL FEAR strikes again. I placed it here cause Im having a moment of full terror. **update, images gave me so much trouble. they just gatta chill how they are.
I feel like I only come here when theres trouble for me.. Im sorry about that. I normally do ok and sometimes just browse around. I know you guys can really help me chill out and calm down. I already had this crap pop up on my pinterest too.. So I just feel kind of stuck with it. Its freaking me out. Im not going to lie..
Honestly, on the inside.. I feel like I am letting it get the best of me.. I also have that feeling on the inside that hurts when stuff like this comes up. Like, its the only reason I can not just ignore stuff like this. It hurts me . Anywho.. Ill share what came up.. I was already scared with the first post, I just grabbed more of the comments from the original comment so I can share what all went down. Also, someone shared a video on my facebook titled "September 23, 2017? What's going to happen?" lawd jesus help my heart. I cant get away from it. (I didnt watch the video, just popped up in the news feed.

> I confidently predict that September 23, 2017 will be added to this long list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da...tic_events Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
16-07-2017, 05:22 AM
(16-07-2017 05:06 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 11:12 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was on facebook.. minding my own business.. annnd... saw a post about the eclipse coming up with the times and places to be.. clicked the link.. and BAM! Total Eclipse?! You mean TOTAL FEAR strikes again. I placed it here cause Im having a moment of full terror. **update, images gave me so much trouble. they just gatta chill how they are.

> I confidently predict that September 23, 2017 will be added to this long list:

Oh i have no doubt. but you know, my brain doesnt fully acknowledge that XD
16-07-2017, 05:47 AM
(16-07-2017 05:22 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 05:06 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I confidently predict that September 23, 2017 will be added to this long list:

Oh i have no doubt. but you know, my brain doesnt fully acknowledge that XD

> Try thoroughly reading the list and accessing the associated links. You might be quite surprised at how your thinking will change once your brain digests the mountains of pertinent facts. Yes