So.. Hey guys.. Please dont yell at me (sorry the pics are huge)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2017, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2017 06:42 AM by jennybee.)
RE: So.. Hey guys.. Please dont yell at me (sorry the pics are huge)
In biblical times, it was common to look to the heavens for signs. That's why you see passages like this in Matthew and Luke. And there have always been signs in the heavens. And when I say signs I mean natural occurrences Wink.

The Gospels of Matt. and Luke were written in 60 AD. It is now 2017. Not surprising that *some* natural occurrence may line up with something written in the Bible *at some point.* That's really not that much of a coincidence. You're apt to have a hit at some point if a) natural occurrences exist and b) the time frame of said occurrence is wide open.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 07:16 AM
(16-07-2017 06:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  In biblical times, it was common to look to the heavens for signs. That's why you see passages like this in Matthew and Luke. And there have always been signs in the heavens. And when I say signs I mean natural occurrences Wink.

The Gospels of Matt. and Luke were written in 60 AD. It is now 2017. Not surprising that *some* natural occurrence may line up with something written in the Bible *at some point.* That's really not that much of a coincidence. You're apt to have a hit at some point if a) natural occurrences exist and b) the time frame of said occurrence is wide open.

I'm just not understanding where they are getting this Stuff from ?! Also.. like.. my brain tries to shut it out but it just doesn't. I'm glad y'all are here to help!
16-07-2017, 07:17 AM
(16-07-2017 05:47 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 05:22 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Oh i have no doubt. but you know, my brain doesnt fully acknowledge that XD

> Try thoroughly reading the list and accessing the associated links. You might be quite surprised at how your thinking will change once your brain digests the mountains of pertinent facts. Yes

Thank you. I'll try that!
16-07-2017, 07:27 AM
When even Answers in Genesis thinks it's bullshit....

My favorite bit in the OP is that Trump+Pence=Trumpets.... if you lisp I guess...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
16-07-2017, 07:34 AM
(16-07-2017 07:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  When even Answers in Genesis thinks it's bullshit....

My favorite bit in the OP is that Trump+Pence=Trumpets.... if you lisp I guess...

I NEEDED this! This is exactly what my brain needed.
16-07-2017, 07:51 AM
(16-07-2017 07:16 AM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 06:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  In biblical times, it was common to look to the heavens for signs. That's why you see passages like this in Matthew and Luke. And there have always been signs in the heavens. And when I say signs I mean natural occurrences Wink.

I'm just not understanding where they are getting this Stuff from ?! Also.. like.. my brain tries to shut it out but it just doesn't. I'm glad y'all are here to help!

They get it from all over the Bible. I'm assuming the parts you're referring to are from passages like this one from Matthew:

Matthew 24:29-31:29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

Matthew 24:21-22:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Anyway, it's really not that difficult to find "signs" in a book as big as the Bible *if* you're willing to take passages out of context, count the hits and not the misses (of which there are many misses), make allowances for signs to occur at any time or place throughout history and beyond.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that Trump being elected president is solid evidence that there is no God.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
17-07-2017, 01:17 AM
I bet even these fuck bananas who go around saying this stuff don't really believe it. If they did, they'd gladly hand over all their cash and property on September 22 or whatever. How many of them would do that? How many have done that, with all these past predictions?

After all, Jesus was pretty clear about discarding all your possessions before entering his kingdom. But I guess it's only atheists who care about what he said.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
17-07-2017, 01:29 AM
(16-07-2017 07:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  My favorite bit in the OP is that Trump+Pence=Trumpets.... if you lisp I guess...

Cuz we all know the creator of 600 sextillion stars speaks English.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-07-2017, 03:19 AM

reminded me of this on the blood moon freak out

[+] 2 users Like BlkFnx's post