So I am transitioning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: So I am transitioning
What do you mean? I still don't sound Irish? Big Grin Working on that btw. More Irish. One day I sound like a leprechaun

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
09-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Wow Rob, sounds like things are just plugging along!

So much good and big hugs as you continue this journey.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Funniest way of me coming out just about 2 hours ago or so Big Grin
I have two good friends. They are brothers. not my brothers, though i wish but whatever.
So one of them, i told a week ago or so. And he was cool and he was like "and <name> is cool with it too I am sure"
So today we wanted to play some games together online. So I asked "hey did you tell <name> about my trans stuff?" and he said no because it is my decision who I tell.
So 2 minutes before <name> comes on Teamspeak to play together, I ping him on facebook. Here is the full extend of the conversation
Quote:Me: hey
Him: Hey
Me: just i want that it is not weird. but i am transgender. So I started transitioning, so then I am Rob. So anybody says Rob to me, that's why, ok?
Him: Ok
Me: lol that was weird. we cool?
Him: Ofc
So talk about my friends being chill.
All of them reacted kinda like that.

One of my first friends I told and in my circle of friends there is a "Robbert" (two b) and so my friend's reaction was "well that will be confusing when we go on the boat trip next year" Big Grin
Gotta love my friends, honestly.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
10-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Very excited because tomorrow I am getting my hair cut and also I will change my name on all my social media (where I don't have coworkers added)
And then in two weeks I will come out at work to my team. (managers and HR know already)
The only thing for tomorrow... I am excited but also not excited. Because I know that I can't really celebrate this important step. I can't really be happy about it at home because my husband. He is partially in denial so far and I don't know how he will react when I come home with short hair and changing my name on Facebook, making an announcment etc. How he will take it, when I officially start my social transition. I mean tomorrow I will ask friends and family to refer to me as Rob and with male pronouns. And in September I will go on 24/7 Rob-mode because then I will have work related things as well (badge, email, profile on the intranet, etc).
End of this month, we are going on a weekend vacation with my best friend. And my best friend said we need to go out and have a drink to celebrate. And my first thought is that my husband won't be able to celebrate because in his mind he is trying to stay in denial. Probably not on purpose but it is hard that I cannot share anything with him. This is such a big thing and I can only talk to my friends about it. My husband doesn't know my fucking name because he is so deep in denial that if I tell him tomorrow what my name and so on... I don't know really.
So while I am super excited, it makes me uncomfortable that I cannot celebrate any of this at all. I mean how. If I celebrate something, anything, I feel my husband should be part of it. But this one is hard because he doesn't like it at all, and so I sit here and ramble on and on about this.

I might bring this up at therapy tomorrow because I really don't know how to handle this. It's an important day tomorrow and I have to do it all alone. And especially my first "physical" change, my hair, which I really look forward to, will be something that my husband might completely freak out over.

I don't know really.

- Wotsefack?! -
10-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Sad Hug

Good luck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-08-2017, 09:49 AM
All right

I went to the hair place and got my hair done.
Then I went home for the husband to see the hair.
Then I went on facebook and changed my name.
Then I posted the announcement on facebook.

And now I will also think about the vlog I want to upload today.
And also I am thirsty and weird right now.

k done

- Wotsefack?! -
11-08-2017, 09:52 AM
[Image: l1482540062.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
11-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Congrats Rob- I hope your husband handles it well! Keep trying to talk to him. Just don't rely on him to be happy and excited with you. But keep trying to include him as much as you can.

Best wishes!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
11-08-2017, 10:23 AM
i told my husband that I am asking my friends to call my Rob and He but that I am giving him the time he needs etc. He didn't answer to that at all. So tomorrow I will see if I can open a conversation. Because this is a big step. Bit step and now for about a year, nothing will happen. So I hope that gives him the time he needs too.

- Wotsefack?! -
11-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Awesome, you're doing well, Rob. You're often on my mind- hoping that you and your husband come through together. I hope things keep getting better and better for you!