So I am transitioning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: So I am transitioning
(27-11-2017 04:08 PM)Emma Wrote:  Oh Rob, I'm so sorry! You have my love and support. Wish I could take you to a pub or something for a drink and a hug. Sadcryface
Thanks Emma, that really means a lot to me. I'd order a tea at the pub but that's ok and normal in Ireland.

Ramble coming on:
There is a thread in This That section called "Regrets?"
And I had to think for a moment.
Generally I live my life so I won't have regrets at the end of my life. It is one of my biggest fear to be on my last day of my life and regret something. How wasteful of my one life would that be?
Of course, due to my current stage in life, I do think about regrets a lot.
See, I don't want to end up with a lot of "what if" in my life.
So when it comes to my transition I actually have regrets.
* Why did I not have the guts to do it earlier. Was I not ready? I think mainly it was me not understanding that it is an option for me but still sometimes I wonder, what if I would have researched it deeper back then. I might have been able to become me so much earlier in my life and be all set now.
* I regret that I met my husband during a time where I tried to push that away and tried to be all normal and heal.
* I regret that I never realized how serious not transitioning can get because if I would have realized that, I might have never married but I might also have transitioned earlier.
* I regret that when I came out to him a few years ago, I didn't insist on him understanding what this means.
* I regret my awful timing of doing it now. We had started to plan for buying a house and having a child and then a week or so later I made the decision to transition and destroyed that dream for both of us.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Ok new video out.
This is basically my vlog from 2 weeks ago.
But as you know a lot has happened. So it took me a big longer to edit it.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
01-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Rob, I'd like to watch your vlog but I only have mobile internet so it will have to wait until I visit the library or a coffee house with free WiFi but I am thinking of you at this tremendously difficult time. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-12-2017, 11:15 AM
(01-12-2017 10:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Rob, I'd like to watch your vlog but I only have mobile internet so it will have to wait until I visit the library or a coffee house with free WiFi but I am thinking of you at this tremendously difficult time. Hug

It's really good! Totally worth a trip.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-12-2017, 01:36 PM
(01-12-2017 11:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 10:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Rob, I'd like to watch your vlog but I only have mobile internet so it will have to wait until I visit the library or a coffee house with free WiFi but I am thinking of you at this tremendously difficult time. Hug

It's really good! Totally worth a trip.

Heh thanks for the vote of confidence

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
01-12-2017, 11:58 PM
(27-11-2017 03:43 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Thanks for listening to me ramble all the time

No thank you for sharing. What most of us have in common here is we're all atheists, we know more than anyone that this is it, this is all we get, so you damn well better be yourself.

You have a resemblance to Russell Crowe, by the way.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
02-12-2017, 07:23 AM
My broken up husband said "good day sir" to me in joking. That's a huge step for him as he is not resisting anymore.
My mom said openly "My son Robert" Smile <3

Now all I need is my beard and a flat chest, and I'll be fine.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
07-12-2017, 12:32 PM
(27-11-2017 07:01 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Thanks Emma, that really means a lot to me. I'd order a tea at the pub but that's ok and normal in Ireland.

About that: I was visiting Ireland with my husband and, at that point, 8 week old fetus, and I was craving milk like mad (thanks fetal child) to the point that I was just about ready to climb over a hedgerow to get to a cow that was feeding her calf in the adjacent field. Anyway, this was in Port Magee and when it came time for dinner we went to a restaurant that was recommended by our B&B host, and the waiter asked us what we wanted to drink. I was still craving milk like crazy so the following conversation ensued.

"I would like some milk please"
"Milk?" he said "You *are* in a pub in Ireland."
"I'm pregnant"
*beat*
"Would you like that in a pint or a glass then?"

I ordered two pints. It was the best damn pint of milk I've ever drunk.

TLDR; Tea might be okay to order in a pub in Ireland, but you'll get weird looks if you order milk in a pub in Ireland. Tongue

I hope that you and your husband can find equilibrium and happiness while staying in each others lives. You not only need the support, but he could probably handle having a near and dear one close by while he works through the changes as well. Do you guys have the option of seeing separate therapists to help smooth the way?

If you weep at the loss of the sun, then your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
[+] 1 user Likes Miscellaniac's post
08-12-2017, 07:16 PM
HAH thanks for the story Miscellaniac! I have been joking about ordering a pint of milk for years. I might just do it one day Big Grin

About your question. I am seeing a therapist every other week as well as having online counselling for the time between.
My now-ex isn't in therapy because he tried and it is not his thing. But he has some friends he can talk to and he knows that he can talk to me as well if he thinks it is something I can help with.

- Wotsefack?! -
10-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Hm I don't really have any motivation for anything at the moment.
Yesterday I literally just stared in my screen from morning till bed.
This evening is the same. I played some drums but other than that I just stare...

- Wotsefack?! -