So I am transitioning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: So I am transitioning
So I was looking more into the medical side of transitioning in Ireland.
They explain on the website of HSE just generically how the whole transition thing goes for adults.
So I need to live fulltime as a man for at least one year before they will consider sex reassignment surgeries. For FtM that is removing the womb and ovaries, and "the bottom surgery".
During that year, I can already go on hormones and I can already get my top surgery done.
I think I also need to give the doctor something from my therapist with my diagnose with "gender dysphoria" (great I have to be diagnosed with a mental illness... whatever)

So yea, as soon as my doctor is ready with me, I can start on hormones. So I will assume that I might go on hormones in one or two hormones depending on what the doctor needs from me etc. I am seeing the doctor next week on Tuesday.

In other news, I finally had the balls to talk to my mom.
I can't really call because it is so expensive between the countries. So I told her in chat messenger. She was absolutely cool about it. I was so positively surprised. She said that she actually knew people who had transitioned MtF. I am the first she knows FtM. She said that I am her child no matter what and she loves me. And she asked a few normal questions if I thought well about it and so on. But she was very cool about everything. I told her my name and she was happy with that as well but she said that I should not feel offended if she has difficulty to switch at first. I told her I won't be offended. And yea, then we talked about just other things about her husband and whatever. Just some chit chat. Later I asked her how she thinks about a hair cut I want, I showed her a picture and she liked it. Big Grin

I also told the last few friends that I wanted to tell before I make a facebook announcement for the more distant friends.
I will make the announcement on there probably next week after the hair is done.

My HR guy at work sent me some resources and I found out we actually have a policy and procedure for transgender people who transition at work. Almost everything is simple. For payroll they will need papers at some point but other then that, I get a new email, a new badge with a new photo, the new name will display in the intranet, etc. I am allowed to use the men's restroom. He also linked me to different other resources, gave me the email of our transgender board at work if I want to join it. All that stuff. I am really very happy about how this is going so far at work! I am very lucky to have such a good employer. My Manager was absolutely nice and willing to help too. I talked to one coworker who is a trans rights activist just for some input. Tomorrow I want to talk to another coworker as well.
And in about two weeks or so, i will tell my whole team.
September 1st is when I will be full-time private and work.

So really, other than my husband being in shock and therefore I need to be mindful with him and not talk about it too much, things are going really well.
My husband agreed to take therapy, so I am happy about it. I want him to be as well as possible so this is a good step. He even found a therapist from the same cultural background so that will probably be even better.
I will show him on the map where it is exactly because the clinic is the same, just the therapist is a different one. Of course we won't take the same therapist.

So yea, I am really happy so far things are fine.
Once I told my team and come back from my holiday fulltime male, things are rolling.

My best friend agreed to help me make a new profile photo for facebook Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post
01-08-2017, 12:05 PM
What a GREAT day! Honestly, I teared up a little at your mom's reaction. She's awesome. In addition to letting your mom off the hook in advance for slipping with your name, expect her to slip from time to time with gender reference as well. All things considered it sounds like this is going very well for you! As a mom I feel compelled to ask, would you consider asking for mom's input/suggestions for a new middle name? After all, she named you in the first place.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
01-08-2017, 12:37 PM
(01-08-2017 12:05 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  What a GREAT day! Honestly, I teared up a little at your mom's reaction. She's awesome. In addition to letting your mom off the hook in advance for slipping with your name, expect her to slip from time to time with gender reference as well. All things considered it sounds like this is going very well for you! As a mom I feel compelled to ask, would you consider asking for mom's input/suggestions for a new middle name? After all, she named you in the first place.

actually a good idea about the middle name. I will ask her when I visit her in autumn

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
01-08-2017, 01:07 PM
(01-08-2017 12:05 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  What a GREAT day! Honestly, I teared up a little at your mom's reaction. She's awesome. In addition to letting your mom off the hook in advance for slipping with your name, expect her to slip from time to time with gender reference as well. All things considered it sounds like this is going very well for you! As a mom I feel compelled to ask, would you consider asking for mom's input/suggestions for a new middle name? After all, she named you in the first place.

I wished I had done this before I picked my middle name, although I'm quite happy with the name I picked. I told my mom that I wished I had asked her for input on my middle name, but she was glad I thought of her, but that I didn't need to. Smile Still would have been a wonderful thing to do.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
01-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Ok. Channel created. First video created and uploaded.

No face yet. Sorry. I am really really not comfy on camera yet. Probably will show the face at some point. For now just voice and gameplay.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Wish you best of luck. I am a young (22 years old) transman myself and although I don't have similar issues (husband/wanting a baby be biologically related to you) I can share the extreme relief that it was to finally get to that point that I need to transition.
[+] 3 users Like As-Is-I's post
01-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks As-Is-I
Yea babyplans are on hold now. Will see if baby happens at some point before my womb comes out.

- Wotsefack?! -
01-08-2017, 04:49 PM
You have been incredibly open and responsive to my extremely nosy questions. So I'll ask another...

Can you afford to harvest some eggs for yourself for a potential future surrogate? Can you donate some at the same time?

I tried to get my daughter to be an egg donor in her 20s when I saw an ad looking for one with ALL her traits. Red hair, hazel eyes, college education, average height, average weight. It was kind of eerie it was so spot-on. And they were paying BIG money. Really BIG money. She couldn't wrap her head around the idea of wondering if every red-haired child she ever saw in the mall might could be her biological child. I don't blame her, some people can and some can't. But in all seriousness they were offering enough to pay off her student loans plus buy a new car if she could have brought herself to do it. You could potentially help a lot of childless couples with healthy eggs/ovaries that you are removing anyway. And frankly I'm wondering if it may be a way to pay some of the costs of your surgery.

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
01-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't recommend a stranger paying big money for my eggs honestly. I am not very healthy.
I'd totally donate them to science if needed but I don't think that with my medical history, anybody would actually want to use my egg for serious baby making.

- Wotsefack?! -
01-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Fair enough.