So I'd just wanted to say goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 05:55 AM by Nishi Karano Kaze.)
So I'd just wanted to say goodbye
I have had some problems to figure out where i would fit in here. And since I'm kind of withdrawn as a person it might just be me who are too shy about the whole thing.

But I might as well say my goodbyes anyways. I hope the best for you all. And keep fighting the good fight. I do hope that who ever you are and where ever you live that one day religion will be a non-issue in your everyday life.

Take care all.

Much love and hugs.

- Erik

Edit: Or get attention [ insert Canadian sorry ]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
05-05-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: So I'd just wanted to say goodbye
Why leave? Why not just take a long term break from the board?

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 3 users Like LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 12:49 PM
(05-05-2015 12:43 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Why leave? Why not just take a long term break from the board?

Good question. I think it might just be that I don't really see what I can give to this place. I come from a very different situation than most of you guys. Religion is a non issue in my everyday life and have always been so. I came here with intentions to give something to those who might be in a worse position than me. But I have come to the see that I'm just too shy to actual do something real about it.
05-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Ah... give yourself time. It really takes time for shit to "kick in" and you've only been here about a month! Keep your options open.

I'm a difficult person to get to know, as well. Many of us here are "introverts" and the thing is ... this is kind of a good place to "toughen up", so to speak. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
05-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Religion is actually a non issue in my life for the most part as well and I'm no-where near as well read as many on here, but I still feel I can contribute (and spam Big Grin )

But I suppose it depends what your other reasons are for being here.
For me, I find the the debate on religion and the wide variety and extremes of beliefs to be fascinating, probably because I have never been directly exposed to fundamental religion in person.

But each to their own. I hope you find what you are looking for and place on the interwebz to call home! Thumbsup

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
05-05-2015, 01:01 PM
(05-05-2015 12:49 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Good question. I think it might just be that I don't really see what I can give to this place. I come from a very different situation than most of you guys. Religion is a non issue in my everyday life and have always been so. I came here with intentions to give something to those who might be in a worse position than me. But I have come to the see that I'm just too shy to actual do something real about it.

I also spent my entire life with religion being a non-issue (a minor irritant as a child but even that was only an hour or so a week). Participating in forums and chat rooms helps you learn and that makes it easier to be more assertive.

You can help even if all you do is chime in on threads to explain to theists that you grew up without god, have no reason to believe, and are still a decent person despite all that. Every additional voice is another straw and we need to break this camel's back.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Erik from Denmark, the least religious nation in the world. What was the number??? Something like 84% of Danes don't consider religion important to them. You may have more to contribute than you realize.
[+] 3 users Like Iñigo's post
05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Stick around, you don't have to write a thing, you can just hang out and read.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-05-2015, 01:11 PM
(05-05-2015 01:03 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Erik from Denmark, the least religious nation in the world. What was the number??? Something like 84% of Danes don't consider religion important to them. You may have more to contribute than you realize.

Funny enough that's about the same percentage who are a member of the Danish people church. At the moment I'm actual one of them. *Blush* I believe most religious people here in Denmark would be considered cultural Christians by the more die-heart religious people.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
05-05-2015, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 02:46 PM by Russ.)
No need to leave just because you're shy. Heck, I found this forum around Jan of '14 and didn't sign up till July. Even then, I still didn't make an introductory post until January of this year. Like kim said, it takes time to get into the thick of things. Compare my number of posts, to the number of likes I've given. Clearly I read significantly more than I post. That's mostly do to being a pretty shy person myself, both on the forum and irl I listen (or in this case, read) more than I speak.
You can leave if you like, but I'd stick around if I were you. The jokers that hangout on this forum are a pretty diverse group of people, you never know when someone might post something interesting.
(edited for improved flow)

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 8 users Like Russ's post