So I'd just wanted to say goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: So I'd just wanted to say goodbye
I don't think you realize how much many atheists admire people from Denmark. We think you're just swell.

You also treat your pigs better. They aren't shoved in little cages for their entire lives, they're treated more humanely. I like that about Denmark too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-05-2015, 09:17 AM
(06-05-2015 08:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't think you realize how much many atheists admire people from Denmark. We think you're just swell.

You also treat your pigs better. They aren't shoved in little cages for their entire lives, they're treated more humanely. I like that about Denmark too.

Well to be honest I'm a little surprised to find people here that know of Denmark.

Though I fear you are very mistaken about how we treat pigs. It is my impression that we still treat the pigs very very cruel. like fixating the sows in such a manner that some piglets will end up getting squeezed to death. I don't think we are better that anyone els in that regard. Sadly.
06-05-2015, 09:32 AM
(05-05-2015 05:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have no idea who you even are so...

Beat me to "Yabut who are you?"

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
06-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Denmark did ban the religious slaughter of animals. They managed to piss off the Jews and Muslims at the same time, cool.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
06-05-2015, 01:30 PM
(06-05-2015 01:09 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Denmark did ban the religious slaughter of animals. They managed to piss off the Jews and Muslims at the same time, cool.

You are misinformed.

There is still ritual slaughtering of animals in Denmark. For instance lets take a look at cows .

The law say that the animal must be unconscious when killed. We use a bolt-gun that shoots a. . . well a bolt into the brain to knock out the animal and then the throat is cut and the animal bleeds out. There are two types of bolts in use. A stake like bolt that penetrate the skull. And on with a flattened end that don't penetrate the skull. The later is used in ritual slaughter (halal) After which the prayer is uttered. I saw an interview once where the guy who did the ritual slaughtering said that he didn't even say the prayer out loud but did it internally. Apparently one in twenty cows will get the religious treatment.
06-05-2015, 01:55 PM
(06-05-2015 01:30 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 01:09 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Denmark did ban the religious slaughter of animals. They managed to piss off the Jews and Muslims at the same time, cool.

You are misinformed.

There is still ritual slaughtering of animals in Denmark. For instance lets take a look at cows .

The law say that the animal must be unconscious when killed. We use a bolt-gun that shoots a. . . well a bolt into the brain to knock out the animal and then the throat is cut and the animal bleeds out. There are two types of bolts in use. A stake like bolt that penetrate the skull. And on with a flattened end that don't penetrate the skull. The later is used in ritual slaughter (halal) After which the prayer is uttered. I saw an interview once where the guy who did the ritual slaughtering said that he didn't even say the prayer out loud but did it internally. Apparently one in twenty cows will get the religious treatment.

Now your posting! For proper halal the use of a bolt is not permissible.

No electric shock, bullet or any other means should be used before slaughtering. Using any such method may lead to the death of the animal before it is cut. Islam prohibits Muslims from eating any meat coming from an animal that is dead before slaughter. Muslims are also advised to avoid eating anything doubtful.

06-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Well uh... here in Kansas... we commercially kill our cattle with a bolt to the head. If you want kosher, you have to go to a private butcher who does that.

Commercial slaughter has a lot to do with making sure certain parts are carefully handled so they don't get into the meat supply - like the thyroid. If any bit of the thyroid gets into your hamburger, you're fucked. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-05-2015, 02:13 PM
(06-05-2015 01:55 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 01:30 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  You are misinformed.

Now your posting! For proper halal the use of a bolt is not permissible.

No electric shock, bullet or any other means should be used before slaughtering. Using any such method may lead to the death of the animal before it is cut. Islam prohibits Muslims from eating any meat coming from an animal that is dead before slaughter. Muslims are also advised to avoid eating anything doubtful.
Well in Denmark that is how halal is done. I guess the Muslims found a loophole somewhere. The compromise was to use the flat bolt the don't go through the skull rather than using the sharpened bolt that otherwise is the norm. The animal is still intact and is indeed also unconscious when it's throat is cut.
06-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I could very easily find a video of how it's done I actual have one on hand. Though it is just the normal process... I think it's not mentioned what type of bolt that is used as it's more a "learn how meat go from living meat to dead meat" video. It is naturally in Danish so understanding what is said will be hard.
06-05-2015, 02:28 PM
(06-05-2015 02:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I could very easily find a video of how it's done I actual have one on hand. Though it is just the normal process... I think it's not mentioned what type of bolt that is used as it's more a "learn how meat go from living meat to dead meat" video. It is naturally in Danish so understanding what is said will be hard.

I think your correct when you say that the blunt bolt was introduced to "appease" both Muslims and Jews ( halal and kosher). Here in Ireland there are halal slaughter houses which kill the animal by slitting it's throat. The animal must be conscious at the time.