So I'd just wanted to say goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: So I'd just wanted to say goodbye
(06-05-2015 02:28 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 02:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I could very easily find a video of how it's done I actual have one on hand. Though it is just the normal process... I think it's not mentioned what type of bolt that is used as it's more a "learn how meat go from living meat to dead meat" video. It is naturally in Danish so understanding what is said will be hard.

I think your correct when you say that the blunt bolt was introduced to "appease" both Muslims and Jews ( halal and kosher). Here in Ireland there are halal slaughter houses which kill the animal by slitting it's throat. The animal must be conscious at the time.
That too was a debate here in Denmark. But i guess Denmark was more insistent on the unconsciousness thing so if people wanted ritual slaughtered meat they would have to compromise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
So weird, huh? That a belief would govern so much detail of everyday life!

Delusion is troubling ... but accepted delusion is fucking disturbing. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
(06-05-2015 02:32 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 02:28 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I think your correct when you say that the blunt bolt was introduced to "appease" both Muslims and Jews ( halal and kosher). Here in Ireland there are halal slaughter houses which kill the animal by slitting it's throat. The animal must be conscious at the time.
That too was a debate here in Denmark. But i guess Denmark was more insistent on the unconsciousness thing so if people wanted ritual slaughtered meat they would have to compromise.

Indeed, fair play to Denmark for being insistent and for finding such a compromise.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
06-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Hey Nishi - don't be all shy ...
[Image: Sticky%20situation_zpseyt0gvya.jpg]
... like ... no one is expecting anything from you. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
06-05-2015, 03:04 PM
(06-05-2015 02:58 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey Nishi - don't be all shy ...
[Image: Sticky%20situation_zpseyt0gvya.jpg]
... like ... no one is expecting anything from you. Wink

So which one are you?
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
06-05-2015, 08:09 PM
For many years, my wife and I have had a date every night. On our date we watch an hour of some series on DVD and then go to Starbucks where we meet friends for coffee. Among the series we have watched are "Deadwood," "Rome," "Justified," and a couple of dozen others. However, among the very best is the series, "Borgen." We watched it with subtitles because we do not speak Danish but, even with subtitles it was an addicting series and we couldn't wait to get the latest DVD from Netflix.

My wife did seminars on a teaching method for foreign language teachers and she has been to Denmark. She loves it and she is adamant that I must go there with her in the next couple years.
06-05-2015, 08:16 PM
(06-05-2015 02:32 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 02:28 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I think your correct when you say that the blunt bolt was introduced to "appease" both Muslims and Jews ( halal and kosher). Here in Ireland there are halal slaughter houses which kill the animal by slitting it's throat. The animal must be conscious at the time.

I am all for the "unconsciousness thing" !

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-05-2015, 08:22 PM
(06-05-2015 01:30 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 01:09 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Denmark did ban the religious slaughter of animals. They managed to piss off the Jews and Muslims at the same time, cool.

You are misinformed.

There is still ritual slaughtering of animals in Denmark. For instance lets take a look at cows .

The law say that the animal must be unconscious when killed. We use a bolt-gun that shoots a. . . well a bolt into the brain to knock out the animal and then the throat is cut and the animal bleeds out. There are two types of bolts in use. A stake like bolt that penetrate the skull. And on with a flattened end that don't penetrate the skull. The later is used in ritual slaughter (halal) After which the prayer is uttered. I saw an interview once where the guy who did the ritual slaughtering said that he didn't even say the prayer out loud but did it internally. Apparently one in twenty cows will get the religious treatment.

Ugh I get so upset when i read things like this...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-05-2015, 08:25 PM
(05-05-2015 12:38 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I have had some problems to figure out where i would fit in here. And since I'm kind of withdrawn as a person it might just be me who are too shy about the whole thing.

But I might as well say my goodbyes anyways. I hope the best for you all. And keep fighting the good fight. I do hope that who ever you are and where ever you live that one day religion will be a non-issue in your everyday life.

Take care all.

Much love and hugs.

- Erik

Edit: Or get attention [ insert Canadian sorry ]

I hope you decide to stay. Everyone has something to contribute here--even the christians Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-05-2015, 12:56 AM
(06-05-2015 08:09 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  For many years, my wife and I have had a date every night. On our date we watch an hour of some series on DVD and then go to Starbucks where we meet friends for coffee. Among the series we have watched are "Deadwood," "Rome," "Justified," and a couple of dozen others. However, among the very best is the series, "Borgen." We watched it with subtitles because we do not speak Danish but, even with subtitles it was an addicting series and we couldn't wait to get the latest DVD from Netflix.

My wife did seminars on a teaching method for foreign language teachers and she has been to Denmark. She loves it and she is adamant that I must go there with her in the next couple years.
I haven't watch Borgen myself. I can't stand many of the Danish actors. Mostly due to them often being typecast and in a small country like Denmark it means you see the same group of actors again and again and. . . I don't really watch Danish movies/series these days.

But sure come and have a look for yourself. I just hope you don't find Denmark as boring as I do. (^_^)