So I'd just wanted to say goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: So I'd just wanted to say goodbye
(06-05-2015 08:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 02:32 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  That too was a debate here in Denmark. But i guess Denmark was more insistent on the unconsciousness thing so if people wanted ritual slaughtered meat they would have to compromise.

I am all for the "unconsciousness thing" !

So am I. I only wish the rest of Europe would follow Denmarks lead with regards to the religious slaughter of animals.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 01:11 PM
(05-05-2015 01:03 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Erik from Denmark, the least religious nation in the world. What was the number??? Something like 84% of Danes don't consider religion important to them. You may have more to contribute than you realize.

I am now making plans to move from the US to Denmark. Big Grin
22-06-2015, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015 04:58 AM by adey67.)
Hi Erik stick around I've not been here long but understand how easy it can be to become discouraged but everyone matures and finds their own niche in their own time. Some folks I noticed had only been here about a year and yet their rep count is in treble figures and they have people fawning all over them but i realised that they were actually just very savvy when it comes to self promotion i.e. using their profession to the max proffering all manner of fancy advice etc. I actually have the same profession as them but choose not to crow about it because personally I would rather just be my self , so I ignore them because in reality the problem is with me and my thinking and not with them and just enjoy what this place has to offer after all its supposed to be a forum not a popularity contest, that's how I sorted my problem out and you can do the same with your shyness you could even start a thread about your shyness you might be surprised what comes up. All the best and hope you stay.
22-06-2015, 04:21 AM
(22-06-2015 03:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hi Erik stick around I've not been here long but understand how easy it can be to become discouraged but everyone matures and finds their own niche in their own time. Some folks I noticed had only been here about a year and yet their rep count is in treble figures and they have people fawning all over them but i realised that they were actually just very savvy when it comes to self promotion i.e. using their profession to the max proffering all manner of fancy advice etc. I actually have the same profession as them but choose not to crow about it because personally I would rather just be my self , so I ignore this person and just enjoy what this place has to offer after all its supposed to be a forum not a popularity contest, that's how I sorted my problem out and you can do the same with your shyness you could even start a thread about your shyness you might be surprised what comes up. All the best and hope you stay.
Thanks. I'm still around. I don't really care too much about ratings. It's nice to be in the positive though.
I'm mostly having trouble feeling relevant here, but think I'm doing better with that now. Not sure if I want to start a shyness thread as it's not just shyness and I already think I have made one pity me thread (this one) so no need for more.

(^_^)
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
22-06-2015, 04:29 AM
(22-06-2015 04:21 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Thanks. I'm still around. I don't really care too much about ratings. It's nice to be in the positive though.
I'm mostly having trouble feeling relevant here, but think I'm doing better with that now. Not sure if I want to start a shyness thread as it's not just shyness and I already think I have made one pity me thread (this one) so no need for more.

(^_^)

I was the same way when I first started and still do sometimes because it's mostly about religion and I have no experience in it so I feel out of place sometimes but just give it time Smile, stick to the stuff you do know a lot about and are good at and you will feel better. 99% of the people here are very nice and understanding and will help you feel more welcome. Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Don't go. I was never religious either. Many people here come from America, an overly religious place quite out of step with enlightened societies. Stay because of that.

Plus I like you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
22-06-2015, 05:26 AM
(22-06-2015 04:21 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 03:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hi Erik stick around I've not been here long but understand how easy it can be to become discouraged but everyone matures and finds their own niche in their own time. Some folks I noticed had only been here about a year and yet their rep count is in treble figures and they have people fawning all over them but i realised that they were actually just very savvy when it comes to self promotion i.e. using their profession to the max proffering all manner of fancy advice etc. I actually have the same profession as them but choose not to crow about it because personally I would rather just be my self , so I ignore this person and just enjoy what this place has to offer after all its supposed to be a forum not a popularity contest, that's how I sorted my problem out and you can do the same with your shyness you could even start a thread about your shyness you might be surprised what comes up. All the best and hope you stay.
Thanks. I'm still around. I don't really care too much about ratings. It's nice to be in the positive though.

(^_^)

I'm glad u ended up staying, Nishi Smile
22-06-2015, 06:00 AM
I don't even remember seeing this thread started...but I just saw you in an introduction forum so I'm glad you stuck it out...kind of...even though it's only been a few months. Smile

**Crickets** -- God
22-06-2015, 06:06 AM
(22-06-2015 04:29 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 04:21 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Thanks. I'm still around. I don't really care too much about ratings. It's nice to be in the positive though.

(^_^)

I was the same way when I first started and still do sometimes because it's mostly about religion and I have no experience in it so I feel out of place sometimes but just give it time Smile, stick to the stuff you do know a lot about and are good at and you will feel better. 99% of the people here are very nice and understanding and will help you feel more welcome. Thumbsup

Har har Big Grin And then there's us. We are the 1% Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-06-2015, 06:35 AM
(22-06-2015 06:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-06-2015 04:29 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I was the same way when I first started and still do sometimes because it's mostly about religion and I have no experience in it so I feel out of place sometimes but just give it time Smile, stick to the stuff you do know a lot about and are good at and you will feel better. 99% of the people here are very nice and understanding and will help you feel more welcome. Thumbsup

Har har Big Grin And then there's us. We are the 1% Tongue

The 1% I was referring to were the uncommon but usual drive-by theists or muffs, depending on the circumstance lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post