So I did something stupid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 09:33 AM
So I did something stupid?
Some of you may be vaguely familiar with my relationship history with a certain woman. I wrote about it many moons ago here. I'm too lazy to link it and I don't think that history is relevant. It was a very painful time and I don't like thinking about it.

After 3 years, I finally summoned the courage to check my ex's facebook. I still love this girl so typing her name in and seeing her face for the first time in 3 years was scary. She looks fantastic. She's as beautiful as ever. I stopped stalking her facebook all those years ago because I was afraid I'd find she'd moved on and what not. While I'm certain that she has moved on, I didn't find any indication that she's currently seeing anyone. That gave me a faint glimmer of hope. But I know we can't have what we had in the past. She's friends with people that I clashed with which was a bit of a disappointment. What's wrong with me?

She seems to be into philosophy now which I found to be tragic irony because those are the type of women I'm into now. I look for women that can stimulate me intellectually and of all people she's fitting the description. I nearly got the courage to speak to her again. I'm the one that cold shouldered her by suddenly not speaking to her after our super nova fight. She tried to apologise and I completely ignored her. I ran into her a few years back on the street and I she tried to stop me. She even grabbed my arm and I looked at her unphased like she was a stranger I didn't know. I'm told I'm good at that total shut out thing with no emotion on my face whatsoever. Even the best profiling professionals wouldn't have detected an inkling of familiarity in the way I looked at her.

So I didn't re-establish contact with her. I want to especially if she's single. Her facebook is pretty locked up so I'm not sure. I know the type of guy she wants and I'll need to fix my shit up first. Can someone confirm that I'm stupid and shouldn't be on this path. I feel I can only get hurt.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2015, 09:37 AM
RE: So I did something stupid?
old girlfriends are like old cars you used to have....

fun to think about once in a while --

but you got rid of them for a reason, right?

It's probably still got that body damage.................

And it's older....

The car too....

(ducks)

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-07-2015, 09:40 AM
(12-07-2015 09:33 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Some of you may be vaguely familiar with my relationship history with a certain woman. I wrote about it many moons ago here. I'm too lazy to link it and I don't think that history is relevant. It was a very painful time and I don't like thinking about it.

After 3 years, I finally summoned the courage to check my ex's facebook. I still love this girl so typing her name in and seeing her face for the first time in 3 years was scary. She looks fantastic. She's as beautiful as ever. I stopped stalking her facebook all those years ago because I was afraid I'd find she'd moved on and what not. While I'm certain that she has moved on, I didn't find any indication that she's currently seeing anyone. That gave me a faint glimmer of hope. But I know we can't have what we had in the past. She's friends with people that I clashed with which was a bit of a disappointment. What's wrong with me?

She seems to be into philosophy now which I found to be tragic irony because those are the type of women I'm into now. I look for women that can stimulate me intellectually and of all people she's fitting the description. I nearly got the courage to speak to her again. I'm the one that cold shouldered her by suddenly not speaking to her after our super nova fight. She tried to apologise and I completely ignored her. I ran into her a few years back on the street and I she tried to stop me. She even grabbed my arm and I looked at her unphased like she was a stranger I didn't know. I'm told I'm good at that total shut out thing with no emotion on my face whatsoever. Even the best profiling professionals wouldn't have detected an inkling of familiarity in the way I looked at her.

So I didn't re-establish contact with her. I want to especially if she's single. Her facebook is pretty locked up so I'm not sure. I know the type of guy she wants and I'll need to fix my shit up first. Can someone confirm that I'm stupid and shouldn't be on this path. I feel I can only get hurt.

Sorry to say it but there was a reason that you did break it off right? Then you should definitely give it a little time and think about if you really have a future with this girl or will old problems arise. That is if you even get a response due to the way you ignored her and all. Hope it all goes well.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
12-07-2015, 09:40 AM
You have to figure this out for yourself since you are the one who knows all the details.

But, sounds to me like you treated her pretty shitty even after time had passed. I would be surprised if she was interested.

That said...perhaps an apology to clear the air...not so much to facilitate a reconciliation. Sounds like you owe her that much and it would be good for you too - if it's honest.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I guess I would just weigh the pros and cons of the rship. If the rship wasn't healthy for you to be in--then no, I wouldn't pursue it. It is really hard when you get wrapped up in a rship to get out of it (I am speaking from experience). Otherwise, I would say go for it. What do you have to lose?