So I drew Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 12:37 AM
RE: So I drew Jesus
(14-09-2012 02:43 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 06:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Look, I drew Jesus too!

[Image: 22609958.jpg]

Nice shading!

Thanks, took me hours.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Muffs,
That reminds me a piece I saw when wandering through the Louvre one day.

From a distance it looked like your Jesus pic but when I went closer I could see that the whiteness had been meticulously painted... delicate strokes and slightly different shades of white to produce a breath-taking snowscape. The darkest thing on the painting were 5 letters in the bottom right corner... Manet.

15-09-2012, 01:39 AM
(15-09-2012 12:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Muffs,

From a distance it looked like your Jesus pic but when I went closer I could see that the whiteness had been meticulously painted... delicate strokes and slightly different shades of white to produce a breath-taking snowscape. The darkest thing on the painting were 5 letters in the bottom right corner... Manet.

Yea, it reminded me of the Black Square whilst I was painting the piece.

[Image: 05.jpg]

I thought, if a painting as simple as the black square could become one of Russias most famous piece of art that literally create an art movement, then is the next logical step in the pattern not a white square?

Kazimir Severinovich Malevich described his black square as a representation of a dark void, where as I am saying that the white square is also a void, but instead of a dark void like Kazimir Severinovich Malevich's black hole, mine is a white void, as in a "I see the light" void. This can then be interpreted as an eternal nothingness which is a representation of theist's way of trying to think what atheists think.
So you see, while before you see a white square, what it truly represents is a theist trying to imagine the afterlife as the way an atheist see's it, and hence in a way it is then hence Jesus through the theist trying to think like an atheist, 's eyes.

15-09-2012, 01:57 AM
(15-09-2012 01:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 12:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Muffs,

Yea, it reminded me of the Black Square whilst I was painting the piece.

I thought, if a painting as simple as the black square could become one of Russias most famous piece of art that literally create an art movement, then is the next logical step in the pattern not a white square?

Kazimir Severinovich Malevich described his black square as a representation of a dark void, where as I am saying that the white square is also a void, but instead of a dark void like Kazimir Severinovich Malevich's black hole, mine is a white void, as in a "I see the light" void. This can then be interpreted as an eternal nothingness which is a representation of theist's way of trying to think what atheists think.
So you see, while before you see a white square, what it truly represents is a theist trying to imagine the afterlife as the way an atheist see's it, and hence in a way it is then hence Jesus through the theist trying to think like an atheist, 's eyes.

I suspect that a simple theist would just interpret your masterpiece as "Jesus as The Light" whereas the black square would be seen the darkness and evil of Satan.

Of course, it would be too dangerous to suggest black and white in this case as being racial stereotyping... we know what happened last time!

I think the piece is telling us that everything should not be seen as black/white, dark/light so it is a piece heavy with irony.

Bravo L'artiste!

Maybe I'm just being overly dark / light-sensitive?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-09-2012, 02:08 AM
(15-09-2012 01:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 01:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea, it reminded me of the Black Square whilst I was painting the piece.

I suspect that a simple theist would just interpret your masterpiece as "Jesus as The Light" whereas the black square would be seen the darkness and evil of Satan.

Of course, it would be too dangerous to suggest black and white in this case as being racial stereotyping... we know what happened last time!

I think the piece is telling us that everything should not be seen as black/white, dark/light so it is a piece heavy with irony.

Bravo L'artiste!

Ah yes, the simple theist and their complete lack of appreciation for art.

Rather then racial stereotyping I suggest that the piece is not a repersentation of just white, but rather a representation of all colours, white, black, yellow, mocca, because white is the colour of light and light is made up of all colours (black is a shade not a colour and hence white is just a very bright shade of black and vise verser). So rather then the piece representing one particular type of person, it is a symbol of unity that we as a human race must put aside our differences of race and skin colour and recognize that we all live on this planet... together.
This piece is a symbol for peace and unity.
Take that and add the Jesus stuff mentioned in my last post and this white square is more then just a white square but a representation of a Utopian world free of the shackles of religion.

side note: How is it that when I think I'm a head of you in rep and posts, you seem to be one slight step ahead of me. DodgyTongue

15-09-2012, 02:40 AM
(15-09-2012 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 01:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Bravo L'artiste!

Ah yes, the simple theist and their complete lack of appreciation for art.

Rather then racial stereotyping I suggest that the piece is not a repersentation of just white, but rather a representation of all colours, white, black, yellow, mocca, because white is the colour of light and light is made up of all colours (black is a shade not a colour and hence white is just a very bright shade of black and vise verser). So rather then the piece representing one particular type of person, it is a symbol of unity that we as a human race must put aside our differences of race and skin colour and recognize that we all live on this planet... together.
This piece is a symbol for peace and unity.
Take that and add the Jesus stuff mentioned in my last post and this white square is more then just a white square but a representation of a Utopian world free of the shackles of religion.

Yes I can see that now.
Visionary... quite visionary!

(15-09-2012 02:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  side note: How is it that when I think I'm ahead of you in rep and posts, you seem to be one slight step ahead of me. DodgyTongue

Talent, I guess.

(You are one seriously competitive sonofa... I suspect you will get that business / holding company / conglomeration / world domination that you seek)

15-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:Yes I can see that now.
Visionary... quite visionary!

It's all about perspective.
That old "one man's white square is another symbol for atheistic utopia" saying.

Quote:Talent, I guess.

(You are one seriously competitive sonofa... I suspect you will get that business / holding company / conglomeration / world domination that you seek)

You must have a shit load of talent if you're surpassing me. TongueAngel

And you have no idea. I'm the sort of person that if I'm driving along the road and the car next me is inching (literally) ahead, I HAVE to speed up to inch ahead of them. Hate losing.

15-09-2012, 05:59 AM
(15-09-2012 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And you have no idea. I'm the sort of person that if I'm driving along the road and the car next me is inching (literally) ahead, I HAVE to speed up to inch ahead of them. Hate losing.

Y'know, all you have to do to get more rep points than me is to change your own contribution to my tally to -1.

So, how competitive are you really?

Would you? Could you? Should you?

15-09-2012, 09:35 AM
(15-09-2012 05:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 05:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  And you have no idea. I'm the sort of person that if I'm driving along the road and the car next me is inching (literally) ahead, I HAVE to speed up to inch ahead of them. Hate losing.

Y'know, all you have to do to get more rep points than me is to change your own contribution to my tally to -1.

So, how competitive are you really?

Would you? Could you? Should you?

You say it like I hadn't thought of it before. Tongue

You forget that you have reped me too, so you could just return the favor making the whole exercise moot. Hence it's in the best interests of both parties to do nothing.
"Prisoner dilemma", ECON 140 basics.

15-09-2012, 10:51 AM
(15-09-2012 09:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You say it like I hadn't thought of it before. Tongue

You forget that you have reped me too, so you could just return the favor making the whole exercise moot. Hence it's in the best interests of both parties to do nothing.
"Prisoner dilemma", ECON 140 basics.

I could but I wouldn't.

My innate god-ungiven morality would not permit.