So I got this 4-valued logic I gotta deal with.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2015 07:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
So I got this 4-valued logic I gotta deal with.
So I've been working with 3-valued logics with the open world assumption for decades now. True, False, Unknown. But now I'm given a 4-valued logic to work with, True, False, Unknown, or Unspecified. It's pretty fucking cool.

When I watch you fuckers arguing over "truth" without considering the multiple nuances in different contexts and relative to formal frameworks I think "You got no fucking clue what 'truth' means." I'm looking at you HeyWoldYouBlowMeForCharity and QCunt. You got no fucking clue what "truth" is.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: So I got this 4-valued logic I gotta deal with.
(24-08-2015 06:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I've been working with 3-valued logics with the open world assumption for decades now. True, False, Unknown. But now I'm given a 4-valued logic to work with, True, False, Unknown, or Unspecified. It's pretty fucking cool.

When I watch you fuckers arguing over "truth" without considering the multiple nuances in different contexts and relative to formal frameworks I think "You got no fucking clue what 'truth' means." I'm looking at you HeyWoldYouBlowMeForCharity and QCunt. You got no fucking clue what "truth" is.

That would make them No Truth Christans™? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
24-08-2015, 08:59 PM
(24-08-2015 06:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I've been working with 3-valued logics with the open world assumption for decades now. True, False, Unknown. But now I'm given a 4-valued logic to work with, True, False, Unknown, or Unspecified. It's pretty fucking cool.

Sounds fuzzy to me.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Music to logic by.

[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
25-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Is this about known unknowns and unknown unknowns?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-08-2015, 07:03 AM
I haven't got a clue outside the fact I don't believe in human versions of gods.

I am unschooled and admit to having no idea. I just read loads of books. But they were either classics or philosophy.

I try not to use the word Truth.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-08-2015, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 07:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-08-2015 06:58 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Is this about known unknowns and unknown unknowns?

Yes, the known unknowns would be a demonstrable contradiction and the unknown unknowns reject the law of the excluded middle.True means I can demonstrate P, False means I can demonstrate not P, "unknown" means I can demonstrate both P and not P (accepts contradictions) , and "unspecified" means I can't demonstrate either P or not P (open world assumption). Logicians are some strange birds.

#sigh