So I guess I'm out now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: So I guess I'm out now?
(12-05-2014 10:16 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:27 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Went over to my parents to celebrate Mother's Day.

Brought Sarah with me.

I forgot that my brother was gonna be there. For context, my brother is a hate-mongering, homophobic, YEC Calvinist. He started going on about how a university in his city has gotten a bunch of complaints about him evangelizing on campus, and how wrong that was, and then went on to talk about some guy that he stopped on his way to class to preach at him, and the guy basically gave him a "live-and-let-live" response, and how that made the guy a coward and an idiot.

I could just see the gears grinding in Sarah's head, and finally she couldn't listen to his drivel anymore and just started drilling him about how some people are actually able to see the world in shades of grey and not as a moral black and white, and then they got into it over moral authority, and my brother immediately went to a shitload of cherry-picking around verses, and when Sarah brought up some of the less-savory parts of the O.T. he immediately went for "Oh well that was the old law"

Now, I think my brother is a useless sack of shit, and I've always got Sarah's back, so obviously when he started using a bunch of dishonest bullshit against her I chimed in and backed her up. He started in about how science is inaccurate because it's all based on theories, and Sarah brought up how he can possibly believe everything thats in the Bible, like JOnah living inside a fish, or a global flood, and he said "Well I trust the Bible because I believe it's God's Word", to which I replied "Well that's convenient" (damn cop out), and then he (for some reason) brought up "how can we sure that Julius Caesar" existed (when Sarah was citing historical textbooks having more relevance than the Bible) , and I replied "How can you be sure Jesus even existed?"

At this point tension was pretty high and my folks were just kind of staring, so I stood up, grabbed my shoes, handed Sarah hers, and I was just like "Well, I think we're gonna go ahead and go. Happy Mother's Day!" and we left.

So I guess I get to see how this pans out over the next couple of weeks. Thumbsup

Ever notice how those with the least amount of anything seem hell-bent on being the loudest to prove what they actually cannot? I swear the ones who've got NOTHING (really nothing......not even some sort of real faith) are the screamers. It's as if ::
Lack of anything concrete = yammering the loudest and the most. Like if they're really loud or bullying about it all they'll manage to convince themselves in the process (?)
........ never DID understand That.

[Image: 88506245.jpg]

See, I view my brothers rampant anti-gay homophobic antics on his own extreme love for cocks that he cannot rationalize.

I told Sarah that one of these days I'm going to tell him I really feel sorry for him, I mean, it must be how John the Baptist felt. Its the only explanation for his hatred of homosexuals. I mean, seeing so many men bathed in water, their soaked tunics draped across their genitals and bodies? Thank goodness John always had those furs to hide his raging man-love. Must've been really tough.

I was about 2 seconds from buying him a Sexy Firemen calendar for Christmas, but eventually decided against it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 10:27 AM
(12-05-2014 10:23 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  See, I view my brothers rampant anti-gay homophobic antics on his own extreme love for cocks that he cannot rationalize.

I told Sarah that one of these days I'm going to tell him I really feel sorry for him, I mean, it must be how John the Baptist felt. Its the only explanation for his hatred of homosexuals. I mean, seeing so many men bathed in water, their soaked tunics draped across their genitals and bodies? Thank goodness John always had those furs to hide his raging man-love. Must've been really tough.

I was about 2 seconds from buying him a Sexy Firemen calendar for Christmas, but eventually decided against it.

Print out this scientific paper and give it to him

http://my.psychologytoday.com/files/u47/Henry_et_al.pdf
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-05-2014, 10:31 AM
(12-05-2014 10:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 10:23 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  See, I view my brothers rampant anti-gay homophobic antics on his own extreme love for cocks that he cannot rationalize.

I'm gonna hold onto this link Yes
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
(12-05-2014 10:23 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 10:16 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Ever notice how those with the least amount of anything seem hell-bent on being the loudest to prove what they actually cannot? I swear the ones who've got NOTHING (really nothing......not even some sort of real faith) are the screamers. It's as if ::
Lack of anything concrete = yammering the loudest and the most. Like if they're really loud or bullying about it all they'll manage to convince themselves in the process (?)
........ never DID understand That.

[Image: 88506245.jpg]

See, I view my brothers rampant anti-gay homophobic antics on his own extreme love for cocks that he cannot rationalize.

There's always his birthday, hon.

**wink**

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
12-05-2014, 10:55 AM
(12-05-2014 10:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
---
Fantastic paper! Thumbsup
Give it to him while wearing a tee shirt that says, I love my gay brother.
Or just show him a shirt like that and tell him that you would be honored to be able to wear one. At least it will get him to talk about it - he may just need a lot of support before he can even attempt come to terms with it. He's obviously built up walls... the least of which is the religious one.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Looks like when you and Sarah break the ice, you really, really break it. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Wait, so let me get this straight... you're not gay?
13-05-2014, 09:09 AM
(13-05-2014 08:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, so let me get this straight... you're not gay?

Only for you hot stuff.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-05-2014, 09:13 AM
(13-05-2014 09:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 08:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, so let me get this straight... you're not gay?

Only for you hot stuff.

That's a given Rev.
13-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Quite the observation.