So I guess I'm out now?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: So I guess I'm out now?
(12-05-2014 09:36 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:38 AM)Charis Wrote:  What even is the significance of the Julius Caesar argument? For me it was just a direct segway into questioning the existence of another popular fictional character who lived around that same time.

Ironic thing for a fundy to say, actually, considering some of the crap they do and believe.

The Julius Caesar argument isn't really the name of an argument, since other historical/literary figures are substituted, but the argument goes thus: We know about so-and-so through writings about him that came x generations after his existence. We only have y copies of those manuscripts, etc. The writings about Jesus were written ONLY z years after his death, and those writings include those of eyewitnesses. Also, we have THIS MANY pieces of manuscript evidence which far exceeds that of so-and-so. There's far more evidence of Jesus' existence than so-and-so's existence.

Never heard that one before, but I can't believe this line of thinking ever got very reputable. The difference is obvious, isn't it? We have lots of other proof the Roman Empire existed, we have lots of proof other emperors existed and ruled, so the claim this particular name ruled at this particular time is rather ordinary absent significant conflicting evidence. It is precisely the extraordinary nature of the claims that causes them to be subjected to extraordinary levels of scrutiny.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Jasozz-
So i figured my first post should be replying to you, and telling you how much I support and love you.
I don't want you to stress about trying to defend me from your family stuff. I'm here to support you, love you, and fight the bullshit whenever it needs to be fought.
I don't want to be super mushy or anything....Tongue but we're in this fight together.
[+] 6 users Like shikki's post
13-05-2014, 12:49 PM
(13-05-2014 12:25 PM)shikki Wrote:  Jasozz-
So i figured my first post should be replying to you, and telling you how much I support and love you.
I don't want you to stress about trying to defend me from your family stuff. I'm here to support you, love you, and fight the bullshit whenever it needs to be fought.
I don't want to be super mushy or anything....Tongue but we're in this fight together.

Welcome to our comunity.

And I think you're both too cute for words.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-05-2014, 12:54 PM
(13-05-2014 12:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Welcome to our comunity.

And I think you're both too cute for words.

Ditto!

Ain't love grand?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
13-05-2014, 12:56 PM

Blush

I know. But my brother is just sooooooo duuuuumb
13-05-2014, 01:01 PM
(13-05-2014 12:56 PM)Jasozz Wrote:  

Blush

we just have to hope, eventually, he'll come to. If not, then nothing we do will change his mind anyways (and any family gatherings will either suddenly be a lot more of a fight or we will stop being invited).
13-05-2014, 01:04 PM
(13-05-2014 01:01 PM)shikki Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 12:56 PM)Jasozz Wrote:  Blush

we just have to hope, eventually, he'll come to. If not, then nothing we do will change his mind anyways (and any family gatherings will either suddenly be a lot more of a fight or we will stop being invited).

We can't get banned from family gatherings No

All of the italian home cooking we'd miss out on... Weeping
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
13-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Yay! Welcome to the forum!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-05-2014, 02:21 PM

You're real!?!?!?!?!?! Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-05-2014, 02:34 PM
(13-05-2014 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

You're real!?!?!?!?!?! Shocking

Sad