So, I had a family member stand on a table in Chick-fil-A

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
So, I had a family member stand on a table in Chick-fil-A
and sing "I'm Proud To Be An American" today. Everyone joined in.

I really don't know what to think about this.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: So, I had a family member stand on a table in Chick-fil-A
Chick-Fil-A is not a restaurant. That's what I've concluded.
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
(01-08-2012 03:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  and sing "I'm Proud To Be An American" today. Everyone joined in.

I really don't know what to think about this.

Was they fer 'em or agin 'em?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
01-08-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd be proudeer to be an American if gay marriage would be recognized nationally.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
01-08-2012, 06:16 PM
You know, I could care less what a company believes or doesn't believe so long as it isn't trying to violently get it's message across. I find it odd that there are mayors denying these people a place to do business.

Wouldn't it just be easier for the opposing side to say their piece and show a level of tolerance the Chik-fil-a founders aren't as willing to do? Let them say what they want, just stop frequenting their establishment.

Anyways that's someone else's problem. What disturbs me is that both sides of this argument are making it out to be some massive battle. Like the last stand. It appears as though the "right" isn't faring too well in this one oddly enough. They have a very loud voice, but from what I've read it seems as though the business is taking a bit of a hit. From Jim Henson walking away, to mayors asking them to not come to their city... Nice to see even though I think it isn't exactly fair.

If only we could all unite under real dire circumstances and not waste it on some dumbass and his lack of support for gay marriage...

P.S. You relative sounds like a bit of a knob. Maybe they aren't but, that's a very knobbish thing to do....

I wonder what they would think of someone doing a thing like that but with an opposing view....

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
02-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Apparently the relative is not alone! I have a number of Facebook friends and family (especially the Oklahoma relatives - need I say more) that are literally "proud" to stand with Chick-fil-A in the face of the tyranny of the "homosexual agenda" (one day I'd like ot get my hands on that agenda...)

The Chick-fil-A issue has literally burrowed down the proverbial rabbit hole. What started out as an individual protest of conscience had the stakes raised when the mayors of Chicago and Boston entered the debate strongly suggesting they would not support further expansion of CFA in their cities.

The protests and counter-protests messages have become nearly incoherent as the debate continues to morph.

"I'm eating at CFA to show my support for free speech"

"I'm eating at CFA to stand up to government abuse of free enterprise"

"I'm eating at CFA cause I love chi'ken"

"I'm eating at CFA cause I hate Fags" (Hello WBC!)

"I'm eating at CFA because I support traditional marriage"

"Why are the lines so long at CFA today?" (says the person living in a vacuum)

I've taken a lot of crap from friends and family simply for saying I won't spend my money at CFA. I don't really care if they continue their business, or continue to provide profits to groups in opposition of same sex marriage -- my (previous) quarterly visits to CFA isn't going to dent their profit margin. But I can have a bit of a clearer conscience that I'm not contributing to a company that supports an issue that is antithetical to my position.

Menino and Emmanuel were idiots for sharing their views - just adding gasoline to a flame. I would have liked it better had they simply said they would no longer eat at CFA and leave it at that...C'est la vie...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 4 users Like Seasbury's post
02-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Has anyone ever asked the company if they're for the "woman are property are should be sold/traded in exchange for money, property and power to the men with the most" traditional marriage, or the 'new-age' thing of "marry for love!" or the semi-new-age thing of "marry for love! or you got knocked up, or you want his/her money"
02-08-2012, 07:57 AM
(02-08-2012 07:42 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  Apparently the relative is not alone! I have a number of Facebook friends and family (especially the Oklahoma relatives - need I say more) that are literally "proud" to stand with Chick-fil-A in the face of the tyranny of the "homosexual agenda" (one day I'd like ot get my hands on that agenda...)

Homosexual Agenda:
  • Buy milk
  • Make dinner
  • Spend time with family
  • Be treated equally

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 12 users Like Chas's post
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM
(02-08-2012 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 07:42 AM)Seasbury Wrote:  Apparently the relative is not alone! I have a number of Facebook friends and family (especially the Oklahoma relatives - need I say more) that are literally "proud" to stand with Chick-fil-A in the face of the tyranny of the "homosexual agenda" (one day I'd like ot get my hands on that agenda...)

Homosexual Agenda:
  • Buy milk
  • Make dinner
  • Spend time with family
  • Be treated equally

What kinda homosexuals do you have over there? I think either you're deluded or lying. Real homosexuals want:
  • Force everyone to have buttsex.
  • Force everyone to worship Satan.
  • Spend time with family
  • Be treated equally
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM
(02-08-2012 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Homosexual Agenda:
  • Buy milk
  • Make dinner
  • Spend time with family
  • Be treated equally

Yeah, I know...lol But it sounds SO insidious when described as the "Homosexual Agenda"

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]