So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 07:30 PM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(30-10-2013 03:47 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 03:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  But, but, only their brain is dead, like a fetus. The tissue is alive, like a fetus.

They both still suffer pain. In the case of the terminally ill dude, let him die he's had his chance. In the case of the fetus, it's a completely innocent dude and has to be given chances at life.

Even if your pain theory were accurate...who are you to make this determination? Someone older who is terminally ill vs. an innocent fetus. What did the terminally ill dude do wrong? Who's to say the innocent fetus will remain innocent? Who's to say the fetus will survive long enough to be a viable baby? Although you claim that all life is precious and only gawd can take a life, you don't seem to have a problem playing gawd.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 07:44 PM
(30-10-2013 06:02 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 05:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no brain, there is no nervous system until after six months. It is tissue, not a person.

List of people who have tissue:

Everyone

That last statement was pointless and obvious and not to mention self-contradicting.

You are a simpleton. People have brains and nervous systems; a foetus in the first six months has neither.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-10-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 08:18 PM by TheGulegon.)
(30-10-2013 05:41 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 04:08 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

(Sorry for any cursing that might slip into my post- I'm pretty passionate about this)

As far as I am concerned, George Carlin is an ignorant, foolish old man.

As a stereotypical western liberal communist, I like a lot of his comedy.

Watch it now! Carlin was the man!!!!
[Image: motivator1c1fe4b6fc3e9b766a4e8028dfe820c6601220a1.jpg]
Carlin may have been ignorant of this fact or that, but not foolish! Tongue

30-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:As far as I am concerned, George Carlin is an ignorant, foolish old man.

I'll tell you what, pal. The day I give a flying fuck what some bible-thumping fool thinks, I'll send you a PM to let you know. Don't hold your breath.

Do we fucking understand each other now?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
01-11-2013, 01:34 PM
(30-10-2013 08:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:As far as I am concerned, George Carlin is an ignorant, foolish old man.

I'll tell you what, pal. The day I give a flying fuck what some bible-thumping fool thinks, I'll send you a PM to let you know. Don't hold your breath.

Do we fucking understand each other now?

I am not a Christian you fucking ignorant fool!
01-11-2013, 04:48 PM
(30-10-2013 06:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  This is making me sick just having to actually debate the truth of it.

Ok, I am going to explain this to you.

You have a central nervous system that transmits to the brain when something happens to your body. And if it's a bad thing, the brain registers pain.

This is to serve as a warning signal to you, so you can take measures to prevent harm.

Now, when a person is brain dead, they do not register pain. When some one is pronounced dead, it is because the brain has shut down completely.

Now, a fetus has no central nervous system, and it has no brain. It feels no pain.

Neither the fetus nor the brain dead person have a consciousness.

They are simply tissue.

We can keep the tissue of the dead person alive, as is done on occasion when a woman dies and she has a fetus in her that is too young to be alive without her. So they put her on machines and let the fetus grow and feed off her. But she is dead, she has no brain function and no consciousness.

In the stages before brain and central nervous system development the fetus is not viable under any circumstances, it is not a person, it has no consciousness and it is as dead as the mother. But, since we are keeping the mother's tissue alive, the fetal tissue can feed off her and develop.

And that is the reality. And you can't make a decision that affects millions without at least learning about the reality.

That would be the most unfair thing ever.

Don't let the facts obscure the truth.

Abortion is murder, no matter how you frame it.
01-11-2013, 04:55 PM
(01-11-2013 04:48 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ok, I am going to explain this to you.

You have a central nervous system that transmits to the brain when something happens to your body. And if it's a bad thing, the brain registers pain.

This is to serve as a warning signal to you, so you can take measures to prevent harm.

Now, when a person is brain dead, they do not register pain. When some one is pronounced dead, it is because the brain has shut down completely.

Now, a fetus has no central nervous system, and it has no brain. It feels no pain.

Neither the fetus nor the brain dead person have a consciousness.

They are simply tissue.

We can keep the tissue of the dead person alive, as is done on occasion when a woman dies and she has a fetus in her that is too young to be alive without her. So they put her on machines and let the fetus grow and feed off her. But she is dead, she has no brain function and no consciousness.

In the stages before brain and central nervous system development the fetus is not viable under any circumstances, it is not a person, it has no consciousness and it is as dead as the mother. But, since we are keeping the mother's tissue alive, the fetal tissue can feed off her and develop.

And that is the reality. And you can't make a decision that affects millions without at least learning about the reality.

That would be the most unfair thing ever.

Don't let the facts obscure the truth.

Reason and facts apparently have no effect on you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
(01-11-2013 04:48 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Don't let the facts obscure the truth.

Dafuq? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(01-11-2013 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 04:48 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Don't let the facts obscure the truth.

Dafuq? Blink

I mean: yes, all he said was fact but there is more to truth than facts.
01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:I am not a Christian you fucking ignorant fool!

Doesn't matter. None of them are any better or worse than any other. You are still a dickhead.

How dare you come up with an oxymoron like "thinking theist?" Talk about a misnomer.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!