So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(02-11-2013 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Word salad.

No.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I think I break a personal rule about not adding to necro-threads just to let people know that like Muffsy, I too am pro-life.

There, I've said it.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
(02-11-2013 09:41 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 09:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  No faith needed - there is no CNS or brain. It is proven. It is a fact, it needs no belief.

The difference between you and me is that you think that brain dead tissue is alive, and I say it is dead because we pronounce people dead when there is no brain function, and we bury them.

Without faith in a fact as truth, the fact is a fact and not a truth that ca be argued for or against. The Buddha taught that there were undisputed truths, but these are very basic, so many truths are argued about being valid. So what I said is true, and what you said is true, but who is right is me to me because my truth is true to me and your truth is true to you, so really the facts are useless when standing alone.

Ergo, it is true that babies are human beings when they are fetuses.

No, that is not the truth by any definition.

It is what you choose to believe, all facts be damned.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
(02-11-2013 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I break a personal rule about not adding to necro-threads just to let people know that like Muffsy, I too am pro-life.

There, I've said it.

YARP!
02-11-2013, 10:14 AM
(02-11-2013 10:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 09:41 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Without faith in a fact as truth, the fact is a fact and not a truth that ca be argued for or against. The Buddha taught that there were undisputed truths, but these are very basic, so many truths are argued about being valid. So what I said is true, and what you said is true, but who is right is me to me because my truth is true to me and your truth is true to you, so really the facts are useless when standing alone.

Ergo, it is true that babies are human beings when they are fetuses.

No, that is not the truth by any definition.

No...
02-11-2013, 10:30 AM
In the news today: Faith required to lack believe in zeus, ra, yahweh and marduk.
Also in the news today: Faith required to lack belief in the lockness monster and bigfoot.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
(02-11-2013 10:30 AM)Logisch Wrote:  In the news today: Faith required to lack believe in zeus, ra, yahweh and marduk.
Also in the news today: Faith required to lack belief in the lockness monster and bigfoot.

Right.
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 10:40 AM by Logisch.)
Dodgy I'm actually starting to wonder if you're really just trolling.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
(02-11-2013 10:14 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 10:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  No, that is not the truth by any definition.

No...

Sweetheart, if fetuses are alive before they have a brain and a CNS, then we have been burying or otherwise disposing of people who are not dead all over the world for eons. The minute the brain stops functioning, we assume that this person is dead. So a human being without a brain is dead.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
(02-11-2013 10:10 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I break a personal rule about not adding to necro-threads just to let people know that like Muffsy, I too am pro-life.

There, I've said it.

YARP!

Do I take it that you are surprised?

Consider