So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(02-11-2013 01:32 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I am of the opinion that Abortion should be legal because I know that making it illegal won't stop people from attempting it. I would rather have it done under proper medical observation than in a back alley, if I had to choose. Also, I am against needlessly aborting a baby, I am of the opinion that it is a choice not to be made lightly, a other options should be considered first. I advocate abortions to be used if 1.)having the baby will in some way kill the mother/ and or the child, and 2.) If we know that the baby will suffer tremendously in life, and its better to put it out of its misery.

Lol! It's a dude, not a dog!

I see your logic perfectly, but when it comes to human life (and all life for that matter), we shouldn't mess with what has already happened. But you're right. Even if it's illegal, they'll always try it.

I always have too much faith in people to do the right thing (in my version of the right thing).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
(02-11-2013 02:22 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Visually. As is your observation power of a dead versus a life human.

I didn't mean LITERALLY if you put them in front of me; I mean I know from reading and books and things when something is alive and when it is alive (for I cannot see the union of meosis cells), but it's hard to tell when someone dies.

It is no different. There is a process to both where it is hard to say exactly when it begins but once you pass a certain point you can say look this is now alive/dead. Brain function is the agreed upon point for most people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-11-2013, 02:43 PM
(02-11-2013 02:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 02:22 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I didn't mean LITERALLY if you put them in front of me; I mean I know from reading and books and things when something is alive and when it is alive (for I cannot see the union of meosis cells), but it's hard to tell when someone dies.

It is no different. There is a process to both where it is hard to say exactly when it begins but once you pass a certain point you can say look this is now alive/dead. Brain function is the agreed upon point for most people.
You said yourself that the majority means nothing in debate.
02-11-2013, 02:48 PM
(02-11-2013 02:25 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 01:32 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I am of the opinion that Abortion should be legal because I know that making it illegal won't stop people from attempting it. I would rather have it done under proper medical observation than in a back alley, if I had to choose. Also, I am against needlessly aborting a baby, I am of the opinion that it is a choice not to be made lightly, a other options should be considered first. I advocate abortions to be used if 1.)having the baby will in some way kill the mother/ and or the child, and 2.) If we know that the baby will suffer tremendously in life, and its better to put it out of its misery.

Lol! It's a dude, not a dog!

I see your logic perfectly, but when it comes to human life (and all life for that matter), we shouldn't mess with what has already happened. But you're right. Even if it's illegal, they'll always try it.

I always have too much faith in people to do the right thing (in my version of the right thing).

I agree too, we just disagree on when it is a baby.

And with all the child abuse going on these days (or maybe we just hear more about it) I would not force a woman to bring an unwanted child to term. Most women will not give it up because pregnancy hormones will not allow her to without lasting psychological issues.

If you want women to be brood mares and incubate unwanted semen to maturity, you better build the low income housing, financial support system and orphanages or PROPER foster system first. Otherwise I could only call you totally irresponsible and also extremely cruel to babies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-11-2013, 02:52 PM
(02-11-2013 02:43 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 02:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is no different. There is a process to both where it is hard to say exactly when it begins but once you pass a certain point you can say look this is now alive/dead. Brain function is the agreed upon point for most people.
You said yourself that the majority means nothing in debate.

Yes treating the majority as the basis for an argument is a fallacy that is not what I have done here. We are couching non-scientific terms like alive and dead in the processes development from single cell to fully formed and the reverse process from Alive to fully decomposed. You, yourself said lack of brain function was a sign that the body is "Dead" if something is "Dead" it is not "Alive" Q.E.D.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
(02-11-2013 02:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 02:25 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Lol! It's a dude, not a dog!

If you want women to be brood mares and incubate unwanted semen to maturity, you better build the low income housing, financial support system and orphanages or PROPER foster system first. Otherwise I could only call you totally irresponsible and also extremely cruel to babies.

That's what I want in any case...
02-11-2013, 05:34 PM
(02-11-2013 02:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 02:43 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You said yourself that the majority means nothing in debate.

Yes treating the majority as the basis for an argument is a fallacy that is not what I have done here. We are couching non-scientific terms like alive and dead in the processes development from single cell to fully formed and the reverse process from Alive to fully decomposed. You, yourself said lack of brain function was a sign that the body is "Dead" if something is "Dead" it is not "Alive" Q.E.D.

*looks up QED*

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH...
02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
(02-11-2013 05:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 02:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  If you want women to be brood mares and incubate unwanted semen to maturity, you better build the low income housing, financial support system and orphanages or PROPER foster system first. Otherwise I could only call you totally irresponsible and also extremely cruel to babies.

That's what I want in any case...

Well, then you better get busy creating the structure to care for and protect all these unwanted babies. It's will be your responsibility, they would have been brought into this world because of you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-11-2013, 06:01 PM

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
(02-11-2013 05:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-11-2013 05:32 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  That's what I want in any case...

Well, then you better get busy creating the structure to care for and protect all these unwanted babies. It's will be your responsibility, they would have been brought into this world because of you.

That's a politician's job, not mine. I don't really want our overpopulation to rise, but we ca use other methods. There are these things called condoms...